Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 10, 2018, 11:52:45 AM
Thats very silly Rufus ,ridicule all you like , but point still remains in analysis of last Saturdays game in the context of getting our strongest panel on the pitch ie the managers job we had lot of people who could have made a contribution sitting at home. Would any of aforementioned not given us a chance of winning rather than throwing in 2 inexperienced u20's (who got no league time) and a man who hasn't played in 4 years!!
Also note we are in year 4 of 5 year plan ,and now when the climax of Mcgeeneys masterclass should be in sight it's back to rebuilding !!

Tim do you think that Armagh are the only team suffering from this...because we're a smaller County than most we probably feel the results of it more than the bigger Counties but don't get fooled that it's an Armagh thing or KMcG thing, one of the Roscommon lads listed on previous page some of the players they're missing from 4 years ago and their list was bigger than ours...Simple fact is it's happening all over Ireland to every County and it's more to do with the younger generation these days who either can't commit, want to travel, or end up working abroad...get over it.

One more thing if we were challenging for the all Ireland you'd have less guys dropping off the panel...call that as you see it or what that would say about the individual.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ethan Tremblay

Genuinely think Tim must be here to wind up everyone, some ridiculous waffle coming out here now
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Tim’s Hero

Rufus you really should read your comments before posting , I castigate McGeeney for the waste of talent at his disposal, including retired players who might have not walked away if the correct environment was created .
I certainly wouldn't be entrusting him with a rebuilding job.

maddog

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 10, 2018, 02:14:59 PM
Rufus you really should read your comments before posting , I castigate McGeeney for the waste of talent at his disposal, including retired players who might have not walked away if the correct environment was created .
I certainly wouldn't be entrusting him with a rebuilding job.

Who would you like to see take the reigns ?

Solo_run

The team tried and they came up short. There is not enough experience in this squad but on the other hand there is still a lot of development.

They will come back next year and they will try again. The squad will have much more depth and that little bit more experience. I would say a Super 8 appearance next year is in our sights.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 10, 2018, 02:14:59 PM
Rufus you really should read your comments before posting , I castigate McGeeney for the waste of talent at his disposal, including retired players who might have not walked away if the correct environment was created . I certainly wouldn't be entrusting him with a rebuilding job.

But you've linked that to the need for rebuilding...

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 10, 2018, 11:52:45 AM
Also note we are in year 4 of 5 year plan ,and now when the climax of Mcgeeneys masterclass should be in sight it's back to rebuilding !!

What I'm asking you is that if Armagh were using the 30 somethings that you talked about, then as we look to 2019, you do not feel there would be a need for rebuilding, i.e. these 30 smethings would continue to represent our future?   

yellowcard

Be careful what you wish for Tim. If you think McGeeney isn't the man for the job then you should suggest who you think is the man. You clearly have an anti McGeeney agenda but you have to be realistic. We do not currently have the players at present to make super 8's. You have listed out players who were either fringe squad members previously or who are past their best. 

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: yellowcard on July 10, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for Tim. If you think McGeeney isn't the man for the job then you should suggest who you think is the man. You clearly have an anti McGeeney agenda but you have to be realistic. We do not currently have the players at present to make super 8's. You have listed out players who were either fringe squad members previously or who are past their best.

That is the crux of the matter for the 'Geezer Out Brigade'. They feel there is potential there that is way beyond the reality.

seafoid

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 10, 2018, 03:03:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 10, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

That is the crux of the matter for the 'Geezer Out Brigade'. They feel there is potential there that is way beyond the reality.
Geezer is not good tactically.
Would someone else be able to get more out of the players albeit with less intensity and charisma?  Would someone else bring Armagh further over 3 or 4 seasons? 
Is the Pope Catholic? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

QuoteGeezer is not good tactically.

What about Jim McCorry who is beside McGeeney on the sideline, is he not good technically either?  Did Paul Grimley make Kieran look good technically?

Imposerous

Quote from: our_fella on July 10, 2018, 11:43:44 AM
Hughes
Hughes McKay Morgan
McCabe Donaghy Sheilds
Vernon Sheidan
Forker Grugan Grimley
Clarke Murnin Campbell

ONE CAN DREAM

Subs
E.Rafferty
Oneill
Ohanlon
Burns
Rowland
McQuillan
Mackin
Dyas

Based on the players that could reasonably be expected to be available a match day 26 (with a view to a fresh broom) could look something like this:

Hughes
Morgan  McKay  Burns
McIlroy  Connell Shields
Rafferty / Grimley
O O'Neill  Grugan  Forker
McParland  Murnin  Campbell

Subs:
McParland
R O'Neill
J Duffy
McQuillan
Owens
McKenna
Rowland
McCabe
McShane
Hall
Either a Vernon / Donaghy

There are a number of other notable absentees from this list, so there is def a talent pool of at lest 30 guys across the county who could make us a very competitive outfit.

Solo_run

Quote from: Imposerous on July 10, 2018, 03:30:16 PM
Hughes
Hughes McKay Morgan
McCabe Donaghy Sheilds
Vernon Sheidan
Forker Grugan Grimley
Clarke Murnin Campbell

ONE CAN DREAM

Subs
E.Rafferty
Oneill
Ohanlon
Burns
Rowland
McQuillan
Mackin
Dyas

Based on the players that could reasonably be expected to be available a match day 26 (with a view to a fresh broom) could look something like this:

Hughes
Morgan  McKay  Burns
McIlroy  Connell Shields
Rafferty / Grimley

Subs:
McParland
R O'Neill
J Duffy
McQuillan
Owens
McKenna
Rowland
McCabe
McShane
Hall

There are a number of other notable absentees from this list, so there is def a talent pool of at lest 30 guys across the county who could make us a very competitive outfit.

Having McParland twice may waste a space  :o

What has happened to Findon?

Tim’s Hero

Rufus now you are trying to put words in my mouth , I do not think over 30's represent the way forward , but I will state again, the experience some of those players had to offer might have got Armagh over the line on Saturday past , maximum use of resources.
I unlike you think there is a lot of talent in the county and if utilised properly would be formidable opposition for any team.
I would also as I have previously stated like a review of coaching structures throughout clubs and schools in the county to ensure if we make the breakthrough to super 8's it is sustainable long term.In my opinion McGeeney is not the man to spearhead this and if that makes me "McGeeney out brigade " so be it. I'd rather not die wondering what could have been .

lurganblue

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 03:40:17 PM
Quote from: Imposerous on July 10, 2018, 03:30:16 PM
Hughes
Hughes McKay Morgan
McCabe Donaghy Sheilds
Vernon Sheidan
Forker Grugan Grimley
Clarke Murnin Campbell

ONE CAN DREAM

Subs
E.Rafferty
Oneill
Ohanlon
Burns
Rowland
McQuillan
Mackin
Dyas

Hughes
Morgan  McKay  Burns
McIlroy  Connell Shields
Rafferty / Grimley

Subs:
McParland
R O'Neill
J Duffy
McQuillan
Owens
McKenna
Rowland
McCabe
McShane
Hall

Having McParland twice may waste a space  :o

What has happened to Findon?

On the panel but rightly shouldn't be starting IMO.

Syferus

I really can't understand why anyone would want to remove McGeeney after promotion and nearly getting to back-to-back AIQFs. Armagh are firmly in the top ten now with a young panel.