Mixed sex underage football

Started by Itchy, March 25, 2017, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quick question. Up until what age group in football are boys and girls allowed to play together? When I was young I think it was up to and including U12. Anyone know the rules now?

manfromdelmonte

they really shouldn't be playing together unless on small school teams

girls are usually bigger and stronger at 11/12 than boys and the only reason some clubs arrive with a few girls to play football or hurling is because their boys aren't that good

Itchy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 25, 2017, 12:49:08 PM

girls are usually bigger and stronger at 11/12 than boys and the only reason some clubs arrive with a few girls to play football or hurling is because their boys aren't that good

I think that's a pile of rubbish frankly.

However, I was looking to know what the rule books says if anything.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 25, 2017, 12:49:08 PM

I agree with Itchy, for once.

Jinxy

I remember playing against a girl at u-12 level anyway.
Whether that's still the rule or not, I dunno.
She played corner forward and destroyed us.  :-[
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on March 25, 2017, 01:16:45 PM
Talking about cross-gender GAA games.....
When I was a wee bit younger, I used to play handball against the reigning world champion at that time. I'm talking senior 40x20 now not softball or anything like that.
We used to have some great games- no prisoners taken if ye know what I mean. The pattern rarely changed. The the first game could go either way; something like 21-18/19. I generally won the second, often with a few aces to spare but I seldom could win the third. I could build up a good lead but I'd lose concentration every time coming into the home strait.
Y'see at that stage both of us were sweating like pigs and the singlets were sticking to us if ye know what I mean.

I mean how could I keep an eye on the bloody handball when the quare wan had the most gorgeous pair of boobs I ever saw? She was some colleen alright.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

'The erotic awakening of L'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

And he chose to share it on a thread about underage football.

Croí na hÉireann

Split them up if you have the numbers. We're about to split the 5 year olds up in the academy as we're noticing that the girls are getting brushed aside in the mixed games and consequently their numbers starting to dwindle. Hopefully if we put them in against each other the word will get out and the numbers will get back to what they were.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Itchy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 27, 2017, 11:17:00 AM
Split them up if you have the numbers. We're about to split the 5 year olds up in the academy as we're noticing that the girls are getting brushed aside in the mixed games and consequently their numbers starting to dwindle. Hopefully if we put them in against each other the word will get out and the numbers will get back to what they were.

Don't have the numbers. I am just wondering what the official line is on it. In my time I recall seeing girls play U12 with boys but not U14 so I am guessing that is the rule.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 27, 2017, 11:17:00 AM

Yep definitely define on gender, the more you keep them separate the more you keep involved.  It will mean running an u8, u10 and u12 girls alongside u7, u8, u9, u10, u11 and u12 boys but will be worth it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on March 25, 2017, 01:16:45 PM
Thats because no one would give her a couple of digs.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you