Standard of Refs

Started by guevara, July 01, 2023, 07:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2023, 01:27:27 PM
Technically when the ref blows his whistle for a wide or score I don't think he has to blow his whistle again, well I generally don't other than a reminder to hurry up, if the keeper places the ball or addresses the ball, should there be shirt pulling/dragging you can bring the ball out to that position. F the ball is over the fence or keeper is collecting the ball, the ref could yellow card someone if it's a yellow card, but not bringing a free to that point.

Common sense would be to chat to them and let them know you'll bring ball forward
Thanks MR

theticklemister

Quote from: befair on August 08, 2023, 02:12:29 PM
A few weeks ago, a one of our players kicked the ball away after a free had been awarded, and the ref moved the ball up ~40 yds. The opposition scored. Even tho we were penalised, if it's legal, I wish refs would do this more often.

40 yards!

Should be 13 meters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on August 08, 2023, 03:37:51 PM
A few weeks ago, a one of our players kicked the ball away after a free had been awarded, and the ref moved the ball up ~40 yds. The opposition scored. Even tho we were penalised, if it's legal, I wish refs would do this more often.

40 yards!

Should be 13 meters.

Yes it is but I've been very generous depending on reason why I've moved it '13m' lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2023, 04:23:42 PM

40 yards!

Should be 13 meters.

Yes it is but I've been very generous depending on reason why I've moved it '13m' lol

Those wee short strides would be a give away or do you let the ball roll a bit forward as well when you "set" it down?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 08, 2023, 04:37:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2023, 04:23:42 PM

40 yards!

Should be 13 meters.

Those wee short strides would be a give away or do you let the ball roll a bit forward as well when you "set" it down?

I'll remember that  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

40 yards!

Should be 13 meters.
Was it not changed to 30m a few years ago?

Wildweasel74

How come men can now line up other side of the line for throw up. How come a lad blocking a man looking to contest a throw up but not even looking at the ball but basically a form of obstruction is not a free?

Wildweasel74

When u throw up a ball for a stoppage, ie: injury in the old days, why do refs never enforce the 13m distance, I seen less men contest rubgy line outs!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2023, 12:19:34 AM
When u throw up a ball for a stoppage, ie: injury in the old days, why do refs never enforce the 13m distance, I seen less men contest rubgy line outs!

There is less of throwing the ball up, a smart ref waits till someone is in possession, then it's an indirect free for team who has the ball

If in that circumstance of having to throw it, try getting all the other players not involved back 13 meters, you'd be there a while.

As for your other post, it is a free, an easy one to give, lots of hop balls end up a free. There should only be two hop balls in a game, start and start of halftime when rest of players are on the 45

ONeill

Are refs wise to the player making a line on the grass for a free on direction from the ref, and then running yards beyond that?

Rian O'Neill does it every time, and I've never seen it blown for him or anyone else.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Sure Peter was at it from the early 90s it was invented in Tyrone... just like every other negative thing in the game 😜😜

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2023, 11:30:05 PM
Are refs wise to the player making a line on the grass for a free on direction from the ref, and then running yards beyond that?

Rian O'Neill does it every time, and I've never seen it blown for him or anyone else.

There was never a worse one for it than his uncle Oisin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2023, 07:51:39 AM

All Ireland club final drawn final last kick v Crokes

InnocentByStander

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2023, 07:51:39 AM

Derry's Niall Toner is also shocking for it

Wildweasel74

Never passes the line of the foul, sorta runs alot on the lead up to the kick, but takes plenty steps bck.