JP McManus - Christmas comes early

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 24, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 29, 2018, 11:35:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2018, 08:03:26 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 29, 2018, 05:18:46 AM
In theory it should be interesting how a topic could go from gaa clubs getting a few extra pounds to Alaska becoming a us state.
In practice tho.... :-\

It just took one clampit to steer away off topic and low and behold pages of crap... this was a three page topic at best on what he done and how well it will be received by clubs
Asking should the GAA accept money from source axis not off topic in a thread about x giving money to the GAA in the context of x not paying tax

Pure bullshit! But carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

I see Mayo have excluded two hurling only clubs apparently. Ironic.

Rossfan

Anything that stops the spread of hurley stuff.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 29, 2018, 11:13:49 PM

That'll teach them.

dec

"Both clubs are hurling clubs directly involved with the promotion of Gaelic games at an underage level in Mayo, participated in County Board ran  competitions in 2018 up to U21 level and were host clubs for the national Feile na nGael competition held in Connacht in June this year."

I wonder is it anything to do with them not having senior teams. Do the clubs count as clubs for other purposes (all Ireland tickets, delegates to congress)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: dec on September 30, 2018, 02:21:34 AM

"Both clubs are hurling clubs directly involved with the promotion of Gaelic games at an underage level in Mayo, participated in County Board ran  competitions in 2018 up to U21 level and were host clubs for the national Feile na nGael competition held in Connacht in June this year."

I wonder is it anything to do with them not having senior teams. Do the clubs count as clubs for other purposes (all Ireland tickets, delegates to congress)
That's very mean if true
U21 is an adult competition

From the Bunker

Ballyvary is my Club. Disappointed that it has come to it being aired in the National media in order to get our rightful dues.  A Club that constantly is fighting against the odds to provide a Hurling option to our local community. I know if this club did not exist my three children more than likely would not be playing hurling.

A disgrace.

didlyi

Considering where the money came from and his investment to promote the games around the country then this is a poor decision by the Mayo county board. And for them not to comment on it makes it worse.

From the Bunker

If the money was shared out evenly - everybody would get €2,000

With the 2 clubs excluded - everybody gets €2,083.

Mayo County Board have brought on all this hassle on themselves so that 48 clubs get  €83 extra each!

Crazy!

larryin89

If I had my way I'd ban fcooking hurling completely from Mayo .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on September 30, 2018, 10:37:14 AM

The village idiot has spoken!

theticklemister

From the Bunker

Quote from: theticklemister on September 30, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
So why did they not get their share?

Probably because they don't have Senior teams and like the Larry89 Lad they are hoping these clubs will fade away and leave the county to playing Football.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 30, 2018, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 30, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
So why did they not get their share?

Probably because they don't have Senior teams and like the Larry89 Lad they are hoping these clubs will fade away and leave the county to playing Football.

Any hope of these clubs getting a senior team any time soon? Ballyvary has been on the go for quite a while now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: larryin89 on September 30, 2018, 10:37:14 AM
Mayo are actually doing  better at football with more hurling clubs in the county.
Go figure