?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on August 31, 2023, 10:51:52 AM
No man would have slept better in his bed last night than Lavey manager Gary Cushnehan.

A searing platter of humiliation kindly handed to Damian Cassidy, no doubt a settling of scores for his role in sending Lavey down a division.

As for the Lavey performance,  I have not seen them perform as well since their glory days.

Has a sleeping giant just been awakened?

Still on the Oul poitin made in the fields of gulladuff I see

restorepride

No man would have slept better in his bed last night than Lavey manager Gary Cushnehan.

A searing platter of humiliation kindly handed to Damian Cassidy, no doubt a settling of scores for his role in sending Lavey down a division.

As for the Lavey performance,  I have not seen them perform as well since their glory days.

Did the Downeys play?

quit yo jibbajabba

ck

Quote from: restorepride on August 31, 2023, 09:29:05 PM

Did the Downeys play?

Not one Downey on the Lavey team sheet. A sad state of affairs. I'm sure big Seamus is proud.

ClubScene13

Is Ballinderry confirmed for a relegation playoff as Kilrea have H2H over them?

quit yo jibbajabba

Cahair in the Irish News said in the playoff due to H2H yes

BuzzKill (Version II)

The board very quite about the big wrestling event at last weeks lavey v bellaghy game. Is Tones First And Last not about anymore?

Newbridge Exile

Whoever the Derry manager is for next season could definitely do a hel off a lot worse than tio get Shane Heavron back in the fold , I don't really think he got enough of a chance under Rory

tbrick18

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on September 05, 2023, 08:38:43 AM
Whoever the Derry manager is for next season could definitely do a hel off a lot worse than tio get Shane Heavron back in the fold , I don't really think he got enough of a chance under Rory

Def worth a look at.
What's the story with Danny Heavron now?

Derry Optimist

Shane Heavron is undoubtedly a very talented footballer and a brilliant penalty taker. However I think it was Shane's own decision to leave the panel as he felt that he was not getting enough game time. The counter argument apparently was that he did not have the work rate for modern football. I do not know how accurate that assessment  is because I did not see enough of him playing for Derry.

He is 29 now SO THIS WILL BE VERY MUCH A MAKE OR BREAK YEAR IF HE WANTS TO SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SENIOR COUNTY PANEL.

Anybody see other possible recruits for Senior call ups?Are Cahir McMonagle and Peter McCullagh possibles in this regard? Of course Ryan Dougan and Jack Doherty would be decided assets if they declared themselves available. Anybody know if Matthew and Enda Downey are fit again?

jmcgdoire

Its my understanding that the players are happy with Meenagh and the committee would prefer him too at least for continuity.

I cant see him (or whoever is in charge) bringing in a player of 29/30 years of age in Heavron given where this team is at.

Would Cormac Murphy be in with a shout? or Larry Kielt?

Estimator

I'd say that whoever is in charge would be focusing on younger players who have been on the panel - M Downey, L Murray and N O'Donnell and those who maybe stepped away over the last two years - E Bradley and J Doherty.
Then after that, the likes of Peter McCullagh, Dan Higgins, Ruairi Forbes should be about the panel as well.
Ulster League Champions 2009

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Derry Optimist on September 05, 2023, 11:19:44 AM
Shane Heavron is undoubtedly a very talented footballer and a brilliant penalty taker. However I think it was Shane's own decision to leave the panel as he felt that he was not getting enough game time. The counter argument apparently was that he did not have the work rate for modern football. I do not know how accurate that assessment  is because I did not see enough of him playing for Derry.

He is 29 now SO THIS WILL BE VERY MUCH A MAKE OR BREAK YEAR IF HE WANTS TO SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SENIOR COUNTY PANEL.

Anybody see other possible recruits for Senior call ups?Are Cahir McMonagle and Peter McCullagh possibles in this regard? Of course Ryan Dougan and Jack Doherty would be decided assets if they declared themselves available. Anybody know if Matthew and Enda Downey are fit again?

Don't think Matthew is but Enda has played most of the year for bridgets

marty34

Quote from: jmcgdoire on September 05, 2023, 11:28:09 AM
Its my understanding that the players are happy with Meenagh and the committee would prefer him too at least for continuity.

I cant see him (or whoever is in charge) bringing in a player of 29/30 years of age in Heavron given where this team is at.

Would Cormac Murphy be in with a shout? or Larry Kielt?

Why wouldn't a lad at 29/30 be in a shout?