10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wildweasel74

Well was sort wondering why a no of them not on it

Sportacus

Quote from: Rawhide on August 06, 2023, 08:33:52 PM
The truth is Sneil camogs commitment to Derry is embarrassing and they deserve for it be called out. Their disrespect is disgusting. Derry could consistently play at senior level if they backed up the county.
No idea if there's an ounce to what you're saying, but why would you call out amateur players?  They're under no obligation to anyone.

Real Talk

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2023, 09:43:52 PM
Well was sort wondering why a no of them not on it
The footballers from Slaughneil have over the year been very committed to Derry so I don't think its an anti-county thing.  I suspect their success has been due to extra training sessions which sometimes all players aren't able to commit to at this time ..... but i have little knowledge of who has or hasn't been asked to join the panel and I would reserve judgement on the blame game.

restorepride

The truth is Sneil camogs commitment to Derry is embarrassing and they deserve for it be called out. Their disrespect is disgusting. Derry could consistently play at senior level if they backed up the county.
What shite.  Just ignore.

theticklemister

Great to have camogie chat on here.

Up the Gaels.

Rawhide

Quote from: restorepride on August 07, 2023, 12:27:15 AM

you don't know your camogie.
By comparison go and see how many  Loughguile players are on the Antrim senior squad who play in senior championship. And have done for a while. Please come back with the number. I'll guess u don't know.
cccc is a true supporter lol

restorepride

Quote from: Rawhide on August 07, 2023, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 07, 2023, 12:27:15 AM

you don't know your camogie.
By comparison go and see how many  Loughguile players are on the Antrim senior squad who play in senior championship. And have done for a while. Please come back with the number. I'll guess u don't know.
Why would you "call out" the most successful camogie club we have ever had?  3 All-Irelands in a row, 6 Ulsters.  Many club players can't commit to county teams for very legitimate reasons - who are you to judge them? Or judge their decisions?   Their choice to commit to county or not.  The Loughgiel comparison is irrelevant - that is also the players' choice.  To call the Slaughtneil camogie team or any of the players' commitment "embarrassing" is indeed shite. Good luck to Derry in replay on Saturday in Clones.

Rawhide

As I thought you haven't a clue about Loughguile numbers. You clearly don't follow this closely. I do and will call out their lack of commitment to Derry out. What they have done for their club has has brought zero benefit to the county. They don't want to commit to the county, grand, but lets not applaud them for it. I was able to accept and understand prior to the split season as they went to a number of All Ireland finals in a row. Perfectly understandable. It was a long haul back then. But thats over and with the split season their is simply no excuse for the number that don't make themselves available. Its not an accident.  Aoife Ó Caiside apart, who is an outstanding example to any up coming player in any sport, who I admire. She has been a shining light, legend in Derry Camogie.

Brendan

Quote from: Rawhide on August 07, 2023, 03:37:02 PM
As I thought you haven't a clue. I am well entitled to call their lack of commitment to Derry out. What they have done for their club has has brought zero benefit to the county. They don't want to commit to the county, grand, but lets not applaud them for it. I was able to accept and understand prior to the split season as they went to a number of All Ireland finals in a row. Perfectly understandable. But thats over and with the split season their is simply no excuse for the number that don't make themselves available. Its not an accident. Aoife Ó Caiside apart, who is an outstanding example to any up coming player in any sport, who I admire. She has been a shining light, legend in Derry Camogie.

If the derry camogie board are anything like the men's board has been to its players in the not too distant past why would they bother?

restorepride

Quote from: Rawhide on August 07, 2023, 03:37:02 PM
As I thought you haven't a clue about Loughguile numbers. You clearly don't follow this closely. I do and will call out their lack of commitment to Derry out. What they have done for their club has has brought zero benefit to the county. They don't want to commit to the county, grand, but lets not applaud them for it. I was able to accept and understand prior to the split season as they went to a number of All Ireland finals in a row. Perfectly understandable. It was a long haul back then. But thats over and with the split season their is simply no excuse for the number that don't make themselves available. Its not an accident.  Aoife Ó Caiside apart, who is an outstanding example to any up coming player in any sport, who I admire. She has been a shining light, legend in Derry Camogie.
Sounds like you have a bitter agenda. At least spell Aoife's name correctly please.

Rawhide

My agenda is wanting our county team to be as good as the potential that exists within the county, one of the reasons our football team is now succeeding. Calling it as it is. Its clear u don't follow camogie. I'm certain you weren't in Croke Park yesterday supporting them. The proverbial arm chair supporter.

Wildweasel74

Wouldn't be a agenda, it's kinda obvious when you look at the Galway team and their strongest club team, Cork different, they got a big no. of very strong club teams, Slaughtneil be the strongest camogie team in Derry winning the championship at a canter for no. Of yrs. but, bare 1, no-one is on it. So it sorta sticks out at you, that there must be a issue somewhere.

restorepride

Quote from: Rawhide on August 07, 2023, 05:53:20 PM
My agenda is wanting our county team to be as good as the potential that exists within the county, one of the reasons our football team is now succeeding. Calling it as it is. Its clear u don't follow camogie. I'm certain you weren't in Croke Park yesterday supporting them. The proverbial arm chair supporter.
You really are talking shite now! I was in Croke Park.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

I think rather than 'calling out' teams and players for not turning out for county we should be looking at the root of the issue and asking if we can solve it. Camogie and Ladies football appear to be were the men's football was a number of years ago with an almost apathy from certain quarters towards county. It's not about these clubs and players it's about asking why it's happening and finding a way to fix it if possible.

tbrick18

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/07/21/news/all_blacks_call_for_peter_hughes-3459229/

With us losing Peter Hughes and still uncertainty around whether Meenagh will remain as manager next season, there is a risk of the Senior team losing momentum.

In my opinion, DCB need to settle the ship asap. If he is willing to take the job, Meenagh should be offered the role and given the freedom to add to his backroom team.
If he's not going to take the role, then hopefully we move quickly to secure new management.
There's no doubt MOR would be the favourite to land it and if, as reported, Logan and Dooher get another 3 years with Tyrone then he wont get his head turned by other county sides.
If not Meenagh or MOR, who else is out there?