The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Deserved win for Woodland very impressive. Rory just couldn't get it going over the weekend.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Mikhail Prokhorov

Woodland so steady all weekend, fully deserved

Usual sunday major meltdown from rory, pressure got to him again

Rose disappointing as well, koepka left himself too much to do but will be right there again at portrush

thebigfella

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 17, 2019, 02:43:29 AM

Rose disappointing as well, koepka left himself too much to do but will be right there again at portrush

No he didn't.

Had a bad break on 2 not ending up in the bunker. Koepka on the hand got a luck break and made par. That's just the way it goes.

To put it in context, to take it to a playoff - McIlroy would have had to shoot 64 in the final day of the us open. Hardly a melt down and he knew he had to chase a score.

screenexile

Quote from: thebigfella on June 17, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 17, 2019, 02:43:29 AM

No he didn't.

Had a bad break on 2 not ending up in the bunker. Koepka on the hand got a luck break and made par. That's just the way it goes.

To put it in context, to take it to a playoff - McIlroy would have had to shoot 64 in the final day of the us open. Hardly a melt down and he knew he had to chase a score.

He knows that...

McIlroy's damage was done on Friday with Bogey/Double Bogey on  13 & 14.

dec

6 birdies on the final day of the US Open is pretty good going.

3 bogeys and 2 double bogeys not so much.

TheOptimist

Anyone heading to Lahinch?

Maybe because its further from home this year but doesn't seem to be as much of a buzz about it. It is no doubt being overshadowed by The Open in 2 weeks time!

shark

Quote from: TheOptimist on July 01, 2019, 01:33:41 PM

Maybe because its further from home this year but doesn't seem to be as much of a buzz about it. It is no doubt being overshadowed by The Open in 2 weeks time!

Expectation is 100,000+ to attend (not sure if that's visitors to Lahinch or specifically entering the course), and for Saturday & Sunday to be sold out by Wednesday.

screenexile

Quote from: shark on July 01, 2019, 01:37:20 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on July 01, 2019, 01:33:41 PM

Expectation is 100,000+ to attend (not sure if that's visitors to Lahinch or specifically entering the course), and for Saturday & Sunday to be sold out by Wednesday.

That's great I always thought it would do OK it's a great day out and there are still some big names there to watch so fair play to McGinley.

If the weather holds up it will be great it's too far away for me but looking forward to the Open as well fingers crossed for good weather there as well.

I have a feeling it will be a different level to the Irish Open's I've been to which have been quite laid back. I imagine by sheer numbers alone this will be a totally different proposition!

Boycey

Folks I MAY have two spare tickets for either the Thurs or Fri of The Open. I was hoping to go both days but it's looking difficult at this stage. Sorry I can't be more precise on the day at minute, face value (parking ticket included). Anyone interested drop me a PM..

Tony Baloney

Has anyone received their tickets yet for the the Open?

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 03, 2019, 06:58:57 PM

I chose e-ticketing and received an email about 10 days back saying I could download them now. I've not got around to it yet.. Not sure about postal tickets

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 03, 2019, 07:18:51 PM

I chose e-ticketing and received an email about 10 days back saying I could download them now. I've not got around to it yet.. Not sure about postal tickets
*Checks email*

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 03, 2019, 07:21:26 PM

*Checks email*
;D Cheers Boycey. It seems I also bought 2 junior tickets for the childer who have zero interest in attending!

We are pleased to advise you that your e-tickets are now available for download via the My Account section of our website.

canice lynch

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 03, 2019, 07:28:00 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 03, 2019, 07:21:26 PM

*Checks email*
;D Cheers Boycey. It seems I also bought 2 junior tickets for the childer who have zero interest in attending!

We are pleased to advise you that your e-tickets are now available for download via the My Account section of our website.

PM sent in regards to junior tickets