Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbieswift

Thank you Myles. I did receive your message and I will be contacting Father Dinny.

mylestheslasher

So anyone got on any theories on how we might play or setup against Monaghan?

I think Killian Clarke will be sacrificed from midfield to mark McManus, He is too strong for Mcloughlin. I think it will be McKiernan in midfield along with either Mossy or Damien Reilly. Mackey will be getting some special treatment from Moan, Mackey is the better player but it will all depend on how his fitness has come along. I think this game will be low scoring and tight. Cavan likely to play two sweepers so hopefully should not cough up too many goal opportunities. Thats why I have a suspicion that Terry may spring a surprise and play Ray Galligan in goals. His kick outs would be accurate and his free taking ability from outside the 45 could also be massive if its tight.

Who do we play inside is a key question. Martin Dunne was out muscled against Monaghan the last time we played them, He will need someone to do the ball winning for him if he is to play. Its a long shot but maybe argue inside with him in a two man FF line. If Niall McD is to start then it will need to be Ctr forward.

Those are my thoughts anyway

comeysfield

not sure Killian Clarke is back playing so he has to be a serious doubt to start. Will know more tonight as we play Shercock will be interested to see if he get 15 minutes

mylestheslasher

Quote from: comeysfield on May 01, 2015, 02:41:22 PM
not sure Killian Clarke is back playing so he has to be a serious doubt to start. Will know more tonight as we play Shercock will be interested to see if he get 15 minutes

Did he appear?

I think the Cavan forum is nearing death, no discussion of any note as we head towards a massive game with our arch rivals.

Itchy

Seniors beat London by 13 points today in a challenge.

Westside

Any word on what the team was Itchy?

Not at all confident going into the game against Monaghan. If we had Keating I'd be thinking maybe just maybe he'll have one of those days when he clicks and everything will go over for him and that would be enough to get us over the line. But I just don't see anyone else in our front 6 capable of that level of performance in Championship which could push us over the line against a very good Monaghan outfit.

Itchy

Its on Cavan gaa FacebookFacebook page.

five points

The book "Jim Smith Man of Breffni" is available in Easons in Cavan and also in Fitzsimons newsagents and other outlets around Virginia.

comeysfield

Killian played second half, looked mobile and added to Shercock, Sankey was anonymous enough apart from one or two moves. Did Clarke play against Londain   

cavan4sam

Cavan Team v London. Pairc Emmet pitch opening Butlersbridge.
Raymond Galligan
Jason McLoughlin
Brian Sankey
Ciaran Brady
Niall Murray
Fergal Flanagan
Paul smith
Gearoid mcKeirnan
Tonmas Corr
Michael Argue
Niall mcDermott
Mark McKeever
Jack Brady
Martin Dunne
Tom Hayes

mylestheslasher

Cheers five points

Itchy

If the rain I'm getting this morning in Galway is heading for Cavan then Ramors pitch is in for a good test this evening.

Itchy

Cavan 2-14 Meath 1-8. Two goals for Argue, martin Reilly and jack Brady for 4 or 5 points each. Think Mackey got 3. Meath were 3 up at half time.

Westside

Good win for the lads, must have took complete control in the second half. Anyone at it to give a report?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...