What Rule changes should the GAA introduce for football if any ?

Started by johnpower, October 01, 2011, 12:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I like the idea of an automatic 21 yard free being awarded in conjunction with a sin-binning.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 04, 2018, 11:33:12 AM
How would the sin bin work in a Div 5 League game on a wet Friday evening in Ballinameen where you'd be lucky to have a Ref?

Get the parish priest to time it.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on April 04, 2018, 11:33:12 AM
How would the sin bin work in a Div 5 League game on a wet Friday evening in Ballinameen where you'd be lucky to have a Ref?

If it works for a J4 game of rugby on a Wet Friday in New Ross it will work anywhere. If players, coaches or supporters don't respect the referee's decision, the problem is not with the yellow card.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Nothing to do with respecting decisions.
How many watches would the ref need if he sin binned 3 or 4 lads in a short period?
He'll have no neutral linesmen or umpires and certainly no sideline official.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Unlaoised

Wow with all these suggestions would we never here the old phrases at Gaa games.....

"foul him there if you have ta"

"Kick the f**king thing Dead if your going for a score"

"Sean will ya slow it down will ya we are 4 pints up"

"Paddy get that young lad to run up to there goals there and take them spare balls and put them back in the dressing room"Sure they have the wind now we need to sit on the lead"

"ref fur fecks sake will ya blow it up we won't get a pint before closing time"
LAOIS ABÚ

omagh_gael

Cynical/Black card foul automatic 21 yard free.

Not football related but after seeing Ronan Maher's sideline cut at the weekend I'd give him 5 points alone for that effort.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on April 04, 2018, 12:18:13 PM
Nothing to do with respecting decisions.
How many watches would the ref need if he sin binned 3 or 4 lads in a short period?
He'll have no neutral linesmen or umpires and certainly no sideline official.

You think referees are stupid and can't note a sin bin in their notebook  ::) Trust me the sideline will be very quick to remind the referee when 10 mins is up.

22.10 Green Card No 12 Rossfan

#newbridgeornowhere

BennyCake

- free kicks outside the 21 kicked from the ground.

- no fisted points from the hands

- no palmed/thrown goals

- black card = a penalty kick

Jinxy

I must admit, fisted points are a real bugbear of mine.
Absolutely zero skill required.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

Same here. As are tapped over frees from the hands from 14 yards. Like an u-8 match. Brutal spectacle.

rosnarun

Quote from: BennyCake on April 04, 2018, 03:52:35 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

Same here. As are tapped over frees from the hands from 14 yards. Like an u-8 match. Brutal spectacle.
and yet they can be missed ask dessie Dolan
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rosnarun on April 04, 2018, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 11:21:31 AM
Out of all the potential rule changes that would have an immediate positive impact, the sin bin is a no-brainer.
still would not solve the most cynical last minute fouls that has won  many of the last few all Irelands starting with Donegal 2012.
must be a real punishment for that
Mayo was more cynical in the All Ireland semi final v Dublin in 2012 than Donegal was in that final.

larryin89

Only allow two players max put a hand in with man in possession. I dont have a clue how you govern it but its pure rubbish when the man in possession is surounded by 3/4/5 players .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

thewobbler

Quote from: larryin89 on April 04, 2018, 04:08:39 PM
Only allow two players max put a hand in with man in possession. I dont have a clue how you govern it but its pure rubbish when the man in possession is surounded by 3/4/5 players .
You can't govern it. At what stage would the first tackler become inactive and the third tackler become active?

The ball-carrier should move the ball quicker. Or else it's good defending. I like watching good defending.

Orchard park

Quote from: larryin89 on April 04, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

couldnt disagree more .

move the ball on and one wont be caught in possession.