Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: deiseach on November 09, 2007, 09:06:59 PM
Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:17:04 PM
You can if the sites quiet. Why should the people that are paying for the bandwidth be slowed down by a lurkers who aren't?

Is that how it works? I can't ever get in. Not that I object, you're quite entitled to ration the bandwidth to those who actually stump up their fiver.

Official explanation from our techie guru

QuoteYou have just been hit by the new PFP - Patron Friendly Policy.

I don't think it's fair that all the Patrons who contributed to this forum/server come on and find 600+ members and 400+ guests on, try to post and view, only to find their forum has slowed down.

Members are welcome to join, view and post where permitted, but with this policy Patrons will come first and if a patrons account starts to slow down, the server will kick in to lock guest and member accounts, thus ensuring Patrons accounts and forum viewing is kept smooth.

This lock might last for two minutes, or it might last for two hours. It all depends on how many Patrons are on the forum.

If you wish to become a Patron, the fee is only £5

magickingdom

Quote from: SammyG on November 10, 2007, 10:17:20 AM
Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:57:22 PM
its amazing it got so busy after they got knocked out of the european championships..
We haven't been knocked out (yet!!!).

oh yes you have! you heard it here first sammy ;)

Main Street

That OWC board has been closed for unregistered guests for ages, 6 or 8 weeks?
I have to admit there was entertainment in the disgruntled threads about the November play and the eligibility issue.

deiseach

Quote from: SammyG on November 10, 2007, 10:18:40 AM
You have just been hit by the new PFP - Patron Friendly Policy.

I don't think it's fair that all the Patrons who contributed to this forum/server come on and find 600+ members and 400+ guests on, try to post and view, only to find their forum has slowed down.

Members are welcome to join, view and post where permitted, but with this policy Patrons will come first and if a patrons account starts to slow down, the server will kick in to lock guest and member accounts, thus ensuring Patrons accounts and forum viewing is kept smooth.

This lock might last for two minutes, or it might last for two hours. It all depends on how many Patrons are on the forum.

If you wish to become a Patron, the fee is only £5

That's perfectly fair. As the man (woman?) says, I can pay my fiver if it meant that much to me. It doesn't.

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: SammyG on October 22, 2007, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: doofus on October 21, 2007, 10:32:53 PM
How can norn iron suppose to attract supporters from throughout the province whenever their fan site is blocked to view?  ???

A few things

1) I presume you mean OWC when you talk about 'their (sic) fan site'. This is only one of dozens of sites and is owned and run by a private individual, so he can let in (or not) whoever he wants. The official IFA site http://www.irishfa.com/ is available to all.

2) OWC is not blocked all the time. It has a system where it allows people on depending on how busy the server is. If it's not busy then anybody can view, if it's a bit busier then only members can view and if it's very busy then only patrons (who've paid a fiver towards the running of the site) can view. The server has been upgraded several times in the last few years but still can't cope with the demand (over 6000 members and nearly half a million posts) so this system was introduced.

3) We already have supporters from all over the province and beyond. OWC is only a small percentage of the fan base.

bullshit and you know it. you can come on here anytime and argue your points but the same CANNOT be done on owc. save us the crap

Sammyg accused of lying again shocker!!!!!! :o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2007, 05:37:41 PM
Sammy accused in the wrong again, not a shocker!!  ::)

stew

Quote from: SammyG on November 10, 2007, 06:21:19 PM
Quote from: stew on November 10, 2007, 05:37:41 PM
Sammy accused in the wrong again, not a shocker!!  ::)

You and the boul slab have more in common that I thought sammy   ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stiffler

So after all the singing and dancing is done, both the north and south end up in third place in their groups. Both have the identical goals for and against record, with the north gaining 3 more points than the south.

Surely there is a shout that there should be one team representing this island, with the combined player pool  we would have a far bigger chance of reaching major tournaments.

Both the north and south have failed to qualify for the last FIVE european championships. Pathetic record.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Donagh

Some boy Kennedy from the IFA on the radio now saying they're happy with the business plan and as there are no other alternatives, will play ten games there every year. Says they have no Plan B.

Donagh

Quote from: hardstation on November 28, 2007, 06:25:08 PM
That would be Páirc Cheis Fhada.
Or even Páirc na Ceise Fada.

Oh aye and commit.
Sorry.

Shheesskkk

Chrisowc

Quote from: hardstation on November 28, 2007, 06:25:08 PM
That would be Páirc Cheis Fhada.
Or even Páirc na Ceise Fada.

Oh aye and commit.
Sorry.

It's just Donagh doing his impression of Gerry ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Square Ball

How the Maze site could look if the plans get the go ahead
The prospect of a stadium being built at the Maze has been brought closer after the GAA, IFA and Ulster Rugby confirmed they would play games there.
The three organisations have all signed a document estimating the minimum number of supporters they would hope to attract there annually.

Raymond Kennedy, president of the Irish Football Association, said the move made good economic sense.

"We did look at the business case - the business case stacks up," he said.

"We agreed that we would probably play seven fixtures - three competitive, two or three friendlies, a Setanta Cup final maybe and the Irish Cup final."

The plan is for a 35,000-seater stadium for soccer and rugby, and the provision of more seats for GAA fans.

Cost

Renting the new stadium would cost the three main sporting bodies about £1m annually.

To pay for that, the GAA has said it could bring at least 150,000 spectators to its games.

It believes the new stadium could be used to stage an All-Ireland Quarter Final or a national league decider.

The IFA said it could attract at least 80,000 fans, while Ulster Rugby estimates it could bring about 40,000 supporters through the turnstiles.

The IFA has said it would play at least six international matches there per year.

Rugby would include at least one Autumn international and all of Ulster's home Heineken Cup matches.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bailestil

Quote from: Square Ball on November 28, 2007, 07:28:50 PM
How the Maze site could look if the plans get the go ahead
The prospect of a stadium being built at the Maze has been brought closer after the GAA, IFA and Ulster Rugby confirmed they would play games there.
The three organisations have all signed a document estimating the minimum number of supporters they would hope to attract there annually.

Raymond Kennedy, president of the Irish Football Association, said the move made good economic sense.

"We did look at the business case - the business case stacks up," he said.

"We agreed that we would probably play seven fixtures - three competitive, two or three friendlies, a Setanta Cup final maybe and the Irish Cup final."

The plan is for a 35,000-seater stadium for soccer and rugby, and the provision of more seats for GAA fans.

Cost

Renting the new stadium would cost the three main sporting bodies about £1m annually.

To pay for that, the GAA has said it could bring at least 150,000 spectators to its games.

It believes the new stadium could be used to stage an All-Ireland Quarter Final or a national league decider.

The IFA said it could attract at least 80,000 fans, while Ulster Rugby estimates it could bring about 40,000 supporters through the turnstiles.

The IFA has said it would play at least six international matches there per year.

Rugby would include at least one Autumn international and all of Ulster's home Heineken Cup matches.

80,000, over 7 games 11,000 odd per game.

Why do the IFA want a 35,000 seater when, if it'll be on average a third full for games.

This place will Suit the GAA Down to the ground. A proper 35,000 seater stadium, with proper facilities. For £1m. Sure that wouldn't fix a toilet block in Clones, Bargain!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhy do the IFA want a 35,000 seater when, if it'll be on average a third full for games.

They don't particularly and their fans vehemently oppose it. But they need a new stadium (apparently) and the IFA doesn't have the money to build one. To avail of the public funded stadium they need to share with the GAA and Rugby and the GAA are (correctly) insisting that the new stadium holds at least 35,000 as anything less would be of little value to us.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

snatter

QuoteThis place will Suit the GAA Down to the ground. A proper 35,000 seater stadium, with proper facilities. For £1m.

BBC NI report tonight said that it's actually a million per year between all three sports bodies.
My guess is that the rent will be close to 500k pa for the GAA.

Absolute bargain compared to cost of building 42k capacity fully covered top class stadium on our own.