Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Is it front page newsworthy? Like the sdlp councillor who got maligned at the chapel? I hardly think so.

I like how you grouped the murder with the priest being gay ::)

The paper is becoming a rag.

armaghniac

Newsworthy, yes. Front page worthy, no. But we are all talking about the Irish News and it isn't hard to see why they do it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

These are newsworthy items as are any relating to prominent people.Are you saying there should be censorship?

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 09:24:59 PM
These are newsworthy items as are any relating to prominent people.Are you saying there should be censorship?

2+ 2 = anything other than 4 ::)

No i am not. Why the need for front page. Are there not more important things going on?

T Fearon

Whats the difference it will still be read no matter where it appears.A prominent former GAA player was featured on front page for stealing from his employer recently.Was that wrong?

No wides

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 18, 2016, 04:23:23 PM
Surely this is news worthy. He may not have committed a crime but you are expected to maintain a certain standard of behaviour when involved in school governing boards, spitting organisations and the church. Sending naked pictures of yourself while in these positions is definitely not something that is s casual misdemeanour - if it were a teacher and it went public would you expect them to carry on as normal. It is misconduct.

So is the rocket man and lead man in downtown abbey but they can afford super injunctions.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 09:30:22 PM
Whats the difference it will still be read no matter where it appears.A prominent former GAA player was featured on front page for stealing from his employer recently.Was that wrong?

There is a big difference. So when these papers print apologies they print them in small print on some obscure inside page. If the front page and the inside page were the same then sure why would they not print it on the front page.

You are comparing something which is not a crime with something which is a crime so it is not a valid comparison but you want an answer that suits your point. previously you compared a dentist and his then partner murdering with it. Both comparisons say a lot really.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 09:24:59 PM

There is thats the point dont see the rag mention the wealthys misdemeanors.

No wides

Quote from: bennydorano on May 18, 2016, 09:52:21 AM
I'm amazed that people are surprised / disappointed  that the Irish News ran the story, I really am. What would you expect a newspaper to do with such a story, sit on it because it's a priest? If had've came to light at a future date that they did, there would have been an outcry that they're in the pocket of the RC Church. Cant have it both ways.

I recall gerry mcquillian wasn't even front page.

rrhf

This man has committed no crime and most men are flawed and can make mistakes with relationships / sex  whether they are straight or gay orientated. Perhaps the loneliness of church life creates an environment where these websites  are an  outlet. Each to their own and certainly nobodies business except his church and his own. Time for Armagh people to stand up for one of their own.

No wides

You under estimate the bigotry in ard mhacha

T Fearon

On the contrary ,I think it is the business of his parishioners and the wider devout Catholic community.We do not want our priests leading double lives of deception.If they cannot remain celibate they should immediately leave ministry.

Also he is a Louth native,not Armagh.

No wides

Plus McQuillan didnt leave he got the f**k kicked out of him and got jailed and Brady washed that over as well!

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 09:30:22 PM
Difference being he was convicted of a crime.

AhNowRef

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 10:52:59 PM
We do not want our priests leading double lives of deception.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2016, 03:47:33 PM
.One certainly does not attempt to conceal his priestly status on dodgy websites thus deceiving his priestly colleagues and parishioners.

Hmm "Conceal" is a great word  .. as is "Deceiving" ...

Yes, I suppose in your thinking its much better to frighten the life out of little children, with the promise of eternal damnation, against telling the truth to their parents (or anyone) about a child molester "at large" .. and then continue to conceal the evidence from the correct authorities and the other children's parents involved, so that the monster paedo in question could and did continue on his jollies, and then to top it all off, spend years and years denying it and going through the courts to try and conceal the evidence of his actions and suppress it from being released..... Now what sort of a human being would do that .. a pretty disgusting one I'd have thought .. Yet you like to castigate a man who has essentially done harm to no one (but possibly himself)... yet your facilitator friend has concealed & deceived on a grand and disgusting scale..

What a Christian you are  ::)