Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 14, 2016, 12:01:43 AM
After the front page today it is plumbing new depths. Should have a red banner along the top.

I agree. I hate to see a Tyrone player on the front page!

Rufus T Firefly

I was really, really hoping this would not come up here. Now that it has I found myself in two minds about commenting, as I don't want to drag the issue out or give it further publicity. But....

What I will say is that the Fr Rory I know has been a wonderful help, support and friend to the people of Armagh City and the wider Parish; he is loved by this Community and I know that love was shared by the people in his previous Parish. That help and support I referred to also extended to the Clubs of the County through his role as the Armagh Assistant Secretary.

The Fr Rory that I know is a thoroughly warm, friendly, decent human being, and he is bound to be going through a lot of personal pain over this. I'm sure I speak for many, many more when I say that he is in my thoughts and prayers at this time.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 10:25:39 AM
I'm sorry and I do not mean any personal offence but a "gay priest" is the ultimate oxymoron.The clear Biblical teaching which informs catholic belief,is alas that homosexuality is wrong.It is therefore simply  logical that you cannot be gay and be a priest in the Catholic Church simultaneously.How on earth can you preach the belief that homosexuality is wrong and expect your flock to take you seriously,if you are gay yourself.

He has no business being a priest, that said he is said to be a wonderful man and judge yes not Tone, I hope he finds a career where he can continue to have a positive influence on people.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Wrong to have a gay priest but ok for the church to have child molesters.... Hmmm am I missing something here??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Stew I never condemned the man,just pointed out that it is neither logical nor credible for a gay person to be a priest or arguably a church member even.

MR Paedophiles masquerading as priests are not and never have been "acceptable" in the Church.Do not mistake mishandling of this scourge as condoning it much less tolerating it.

Applesisapples

This is where I have a real problem with the Church, we are taught that God made us all in his own image, that would mean Gay people too. so where does this homophobia fit in with this teaching, or judge not lest you be judged? Plenty of judging by you Tony and no compassion, oh except for sean Brady. The teaching that Tony is promoting on here would have the parent of a gay child condemn them to hell...it would take a hard hearted bastard to do that. I hope Fr Rory finds happiness in whatever he wishes to do and the God I believe in will not damn him.

T Fearon

Apples we can only go by scripture inspired Church teaching,which defines what sin is.This is not a matter of compassion,or cutting slack etc,it is God's Law.

I have every sympathy for people struggling with sexuality etc,but the fact is that while in sin they are cutting themselves off from the Church themselves as Scripture informs us.

These are God's decrees not man's and can't be watered down on some sort of superficial compassionate basis.The core message of the Church is the need of avoiding sin and sincerely repenting.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 02:52:13 PM
Apples we can only go by scripture inspired Church teaching,which defines what sin is.This is not a matter of compassion,or cutting slack etc,it is God's Law.

I have every sympathy for people struggling with sexuality etc,but the fact is that while in sin they are cutting themselves off from the Church themselves as Scripture informs us.

These are God's decrees not man's and can't be watered down on some sort of superficial compassionate basis.The core message of the Church is the need of avoiding sin and sincerely repenting.

What utter horseshite, they are man made laws and they choose to change them when they feel like it.  No made up God decreed f**k all in the Bible or anywhere else.

Applesisapples

Quote from: No wides on May 14, 2016, 03:22:51 PM

What utter horseshite, they are man made laws and they choose to change them when they feel like it.  No made up God decreed f**k all in the Bible or anywhere else.
Exactly! I have asked the christian fraternity on here to give me the exact quote from JC that condemns people for their sexual orientation. All I get is the old testament, the whole reason we are christian and not Jewish is the teaching of JC.

No wides

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 14, 2016, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: No wides on May 14, 2016, 03:22:51 PM

Exactly! I have asked the christian fraternity on here to give me the exact quote from JC that condemns people for their sexual orientation. All I get is the old testament, the whole reason we are christian and not Jewish is the teaching of JC.

That's exactly it, and people like Tony who can't think for themselves believe these man made up laws, fish on a friday, purgatory for still born babies, or those who never got christened etc.  From reading his posts you have to feel sorry for him, he is obviously slightly touched with little or no power to think for himself.

T Fearon

They are clear laws as defined in the Bible which Christians believe in.Therefore the Church cannot be ambivalent about this or tolerate any deviation from them.That's the point.

bennydorano

Best of luck to Rory, a real gent, I hope he finds happiness. 

Not surprised that the Irish News carried the story, it is newsworthy if we're honest, embarrassing to a thoroughly nice man, but still newsworthy.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 03:54:11 PM
They are clear laws as defined in the Bible which Christians believe in.Therefore the Church cannot be ambivalent about this or tolerate any deviation from them.That's the point.

So we have gone from gods decree to words in a book written by men who never met jesus, can you post the passages with their references.

No wides

Quote from: bennydorano on May 14, 2016, 04:37:29 PM
Best of luck to Rory, a real gent, I hope he finds happiness. 

Not surprised that the Irish News carried the story, it is newsworthy if we're honest, embarrassing to a thoroughly nice man, but still newsworthy.

It's hardly front page and then to contine the article by referencing a priest reportedly doing a line of coke, sc**bag journalism it is a complete rag.

T Fearon

Is it not the duty of a newspaper to simply report the news?