Lockdown

Started by Square Ball, May 23, 2020, 11:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has lockdown run it course and time to open things up?

Yes
19 (41.3%)
No
27 (58.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: May 25, 2020, 11:51:58 AM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 24, 2020, 04:12:05 PM
we do all have the same problems, it's how we deal with them that's different  ;)

Aye, those posters that are about to lose their jobs/business/savings should have listen to your posts before! Proper thicko's the lot of them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

joemamas

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2020, 01:31:10 PM
The one thing lockdown has really driven home is the lack of postive information,especially from 'officials'.

Where has been the calls to improve your immune system, your personal health, your diet, your drinking habits, your smoking habits....your sugar intake....etc etc.

With the benefit of hindsight obviously, it's actually insane the lockdown was implemented without any kind of reference to the above. Lockdown seems to have been a one size fits all approach, then you see in the states they are having beach parties on the regular, in England the beaches packed.....Everyone thinks they have the right answer I suppose,

The one size fits all is perplexing.

Slight digression from the above, but how can the Government have one law governing mega pubs in Dublin and the same laws governing a small pub in rural Ireland.

If you got ten or fifteen people in a small pub in the west of Ireland from Monday thru Thursday, it would almost be an anomaly.

Safety first for sure, but as stated by someone earlier, how does one measure the health impact of the loss of a business or a livelihood.

themac_23

The lockdown is all but finished, was out running through Belfast last night, loads of groups of people gathered no social distancing etc, even on the ormeau embankment there were groups of young ones drinking, at the back of the concentrix building there was at least 15-20 with their music blasting and carry outs flowing. Heard of people having parties for birthdays etc too, fella said he was having his soms 18th out in the garden at the weekend I said Jesus the winds wild mightn't be great, ah sure we'll just move in after an hour or so anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one come across this like

BennyCake

Mac, I heard of this sort of carry on during lockdown. It doesn't surprise me it seems to be rife now. Fuckin idiots

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on May 24, 2020, 05:38:16 PM
The lockdown is all but finished, was out running through Belfast last night, loads of groups of people gathered no social distancing etc, even on the ormeau embankment there were groups of young ones drinking, at the back of the concentrix building there was at least 15-20 with their music blasting and carry outs flowing. Heard of people having parties for birthdays etc too, fella said he was having his soms 18th out in the garden at the weekend I said Jesus the winds wild mightn't be great, ah sure we'll just move in after an hour or so anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one come across this like

A lot of the kids (teenagers) have been breaking the rules from the start but there is less people about than normal. I walk around 9 miles a day,  I don't see it where I am, traffic is like summertime, more than before but a lot less than normal. Shops are still enforcing social distancing and when I'm walking it's also be observed.

You'll still get ones having parties, unfortunately.

Health centres will be returning back to normal soon, non essential shops opening soon cause the curve has flattened, won't be long before new normal happens!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think Dom has expedited the new normal too.

Smurfy123

Same around here milltown lots of young ones now out and about in gangs of 5 and 6 but lots of gangs. Carryouts and partying also happening now
The lockdown as such I believe is over
Maybe some of these groups back in schools wouldn't be a bad thing

From the Bunker

We are going against our nature! So naturally the young will rebel! I'd actually think less of them if they did not. This was originally sold as flattening the curve so we could buy time to be able to deal with it. Now it has turned into a kicking the can down the road exercise.

We now have:

Public servants who are on Full Wages but don't want to work.
People on €350 who don't want to go back to work.
People on €350 who don't have work to go back to.
People with business's going down the Swanee and they are being told not to work.
People working from home.
And people going to work all the time day in day out with no change to their working lives.

Smurfy123

The youth have been great bunker to flatten the curve
As you said we are now trying to kick it down the road
The lockdown measures were to flatten and and safe the health system and that is clearly what has happened
They are lifting lockdown measures far to slow
A 3 weeks gap as so stupid. We not start lifting things every week instead of one big lift every 3 weeks

RedHand88

Quote from: themac_23 on May 24, 2020, 05:38:16 PM

Ormeau park is jammed every evening. Those pitches have lads playing football all the time too.

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2020, 10:57:55 PM
We are going against our nature! So naturally the young will rebel! I'd actually think less of them if they did not. This was originally sold as flattening the curve so we could buy time to be able to deal with it. Now it has turned into a kicking the can down the road exercise.

We now have:

People with business's going down the Swanee and they are being told not to work.
And people going to work all the time day in day out with no change to their working lives.
And people going to  work over 7,000 of whom have been infected by this virus.
Some of them on sh1te pay.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Seeing Dominic Cummings getting heckled by his own street has made my weekend.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2020, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2020, 10:57:55 PM

We now have:

And people going to  work over 7,000 of whom have been infected by this virus.
Some of them on sh1te pay.

They are the real heroes. They put their health and their families health at risk for you and me.
''It's kind of beautiful when you think about it''

''We are all in this together.''

David McKeown

Have to say there's been some advantages to this lockdown. Weight is considerably down due to being at home and eating properly. Managed to build a relationship with my two year old that just wasn't there previously etc. Being self employed I have to say that I think the level of support in the North was very poor and very inconsistent with that offered to employed individuals. That initially brought considerable stress but thankfully been able to do enough work from home to keep the wolves from the door. Does make you realise though how much of a nonsense the idea we are all in this together is.

All that said I've also been unfortunate enough to have immediate family require hospital treatment. This whole situation has made the experience of that even more unbearable. Being unable to visit sick relatives can be very very difficult.   
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GetOverTheBar

Have a friend in London, he told me about Wandsworth Common. Sunbathing en mass - BARS ARE OPEN albeit for takeaway.

Ridiculous situation that.

The lockdown is over. It's just going to continue to creak along until it fully breaks.