best mobile phones on the market???

Started by kinghen, October 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

I-phone cant forward messages or receive picture messages. Bluetooth doesn't work phone-to-phone......

Supposed 3.0 software upgrade coming in July to rectify this however!!

illdecide

Lads what do ya make of this phone: Sony Ericsson C905

I was thinking of changing to this but I'd like a few remarks first...If it's not worth a fiddlers what other mobile would you reccomend?

P.S. i have software for a Nokia N96 if anyone wants it...An E-bay mistake (long story)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Great phone when it works, but a complete ball of shoite as it never does!!! Switches off, freezes and earpiece goes on them...
I would stay clear!!!

orangeman

I've seen a lot of reference made to Blackberry phones - anybody got one of these ? What are they like ? Are they more for internet ?

kickingmule

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2009, 05:20:28 PM
Lads what do ya make of this phone: Sony Ericsson C905

I was thinking of changing to this but I'd like a few remarks first...If it's not worth a fiddlers what other mobile would you reccomend?

P.S. i have software for a Nokia N96 if anyone wants it...An E-bay mistake (long story)
i have mine 5/6 months now ...class phone, never a bother and a brillant camera music,gps etc ....

supersub

Anyone have the motorola v8? And if so any problems with the battery life? 2 of my mates have it as well as my dad and 2 of them say the battery is crap but one of my mates said its grand?

ziggysego

Quote from: Candyman on June 08, 2009, 11:44:14 AM
I-phone cant forward messages or receive picture messages. Bluetooth doesn't work phone-to-phone......

Sorted out the forwarding and MMS. Is bluetooth from phone-to-phone working?
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2009, 12:52:34 PM

I think the bluetooth only works for connecting devices e.g. hands free kit, headphones etc.

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 30, 2009, 01:52:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2009, 12:52:34 PM

I think the bluetooth only works for connecting devices e.g. hands free kit, headphones etc.

Ah well. I use an app called Mover, which works. However it only works from iPhone to iPhone.
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Lads i have a Sony Ericsson W995 phone and all in all it's a decent we phone and I'm happy with it but the one query i have with it (and this may apply to other phones) is when i take a picture and email or a video file they're massive and i was wondering if there is a setting that can reduce their size. The camera saves the pics as a Jpeg (i think) but one photo is over 1MB, surely this should only be about a tenth of that and a 1 min video file is about 10MB WTF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

Herself is thinking of the Blackberry Storm 2. Anyone have it? Pros and cons?

Would be used for email, facebook etc. Def have wifi?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 13, 2010, 06:35:04 PM
Herself is thinking of the Blackberry Storm 2. Anyone have it? Pros and cons?

Would be used for email, facebook etc. Def have wifi?

http://stuff.tv/Review/BlackBerry-Storm2-review/
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: illdecide on October 29, 2009, 11:35:51 AM
Lads i have a Sony Ericsson W995 phone and all in all it's a decent we phone and I'm happy with it but the one query i have with it (and this may apply to other phones) is when i take a picture and email or a video file they're massive and i was wondering if there is a setting that can reduce their size. The camera saves the pics as a Jpeg (i think) but one photo is over 1MB, surely this should only be about a tenth of that and a 1 min video file is about 10MB WTF

What quality level have you set in the camera form pictures and videos? You can select 3 levels I think, and the highest level would be saving pictures at over 1mb in size.

Norf Tyrone

I am looking to splash out on wan of them fancy android phones. The Samsung Galaxy S is the one cleaning up on the reviews. What's this sound like for a deal?

Phone: Free.
300 minutes.
Unlimited texts.
500mb mobile internet.
Unlimited WiFi acces.
£85 cash back.

The main stumbling block for me is that I live in the North but can only pick up O2 Ire in the house. Therefore I'd need to negotiate a deal that negates that cost.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black/&cid=ppcyah/search.aspx?product=Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black&intcid=&cid=ppcyah
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone