Mickey Ned steps down as Limerick manager

Started by Donnellys Hollow, August 19, 2010, 11:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/Mickey-Ned-OSullivan-steps-down.6485181.jp

I've always had great time for Mickey Ned. Hopefully he won't be out of the game for long.

Ideal job for Dwyer now methinks - JP to seal the deal???
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Zulu

Donie Buckley was the main man there and he will be a serious loss to Limerick. They are an attractive proposition for any manager though, swith JP funding them they aren't short of money and with a bit of luck or a decent draw they could go very far.

Donnellys Hollow

I heard that Darragh Ó Sé wanted to bring Donie Buckley with him to Laois and that's why that deal failed.

Presumably Buckley will now be one of the front runners to take over from Éamon Fitzmaurice as Kerry selector - Moynihan is another possibility I suppose given his involvement in the stands last year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Zulu

Yeah I heard he was being touted as a possible replacement for Eamon. Donie likes to keep in the background so it would suit him to be a selector but he is big into teh coaching so I'd imagine he'd like a role there if he was to go. He is an asute football man and would be an addition to Kerry IMO.

ONeill

Pity he didn't stay another year. Kerry are weakening and Cork will still be celebrating.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Logan

Wow ... sad day for Limerick and Mickey Ned.

He certainly owes them nothing, been a great worker for Limerick football, shame he never closed the deal out fully.