Champions League Final: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur June 1st 2019 20:00

Started by Dinny Breen, May 09, 2019, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Whoever scores the first goal, I definitely can't see the other team coming back.

Kinda happy that I will miss this as I will be on a plane. However 2 fantastic managers but the sad thing is instead of the winner been feted for winning the biggest prize in club football we can all see the loser being vilified for not having won a trophy with his current club.

Anyway Liverpool for me, the lesser of two evils but you can't beat tradition. Could be a classic, final score 4-2.
#newbridgeornowhere

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 09, 2019, 11:20:54 AM
Whoever scores the first goal, I definitely can't see the other team coming back.

Kinda happy that I will miss this as I will be on a plane. However 2 fantastic managers but the sad thing is instead of the winner been feted for winning the biggest prize in club football we can all see the loser being vilified for not having won a trophy with his current club.

Anyway Liverpool for me, the lesser of two evils but you can't beat tradition. Could be a classic, final score 4-2.

Interesting opening statement considering both teams got to the final by coming back.

Armamike

I know what Dinny means though. Don't know the stats but would guess the team that scores first in the cl final usually wins, and finals tend to be tight affairs, with not many goals?
That's just, like your opinion man.

Insane Bolt

Whilst Liverpool have the pedigree and history.....I have a feeling that Spurs will win it......especially if a tight game. If both teams go full tilt then Liverpool 5-4😎.

imtommygunn

laoislad

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 09, 2019, 11:25:08 AM

Interesting opening statement considering both teams got to the final by coming back.
Think he was being sarcastic......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2019, 11:55:04 AM

I do hope so.

The main question is, do Spurs bring back Harry Kane and start him in his first game in what will be two months? That's where the game will be won and lost. I don't think they need to start him. They look better going direct/long to Son.

J70

They will only be vilified by clueless idiots.

Klopp is doing extraordinary work, no matter how the final ends up.

Poch has been hamstrung by a lack of squad depth and loss of his star striker, yet still made it through to their first Champions League final, and first European final of any kind for 25 years.

trueblue1234

Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2019, 12:05:17 PM

Poch has been hamstrung by a lack of squad depth and loss of his star striker, yet still made it through to their first Champions League final, and first European final of any kind for 25 years.

I wonder who springs to mind....  :D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 09, 2019, 12:07:06 PM

Wasn't really thinking about the likes of OTB. His troll offerings aren't worth consideration.

But there will be supposedly knowledgeable people, including in the media, who will fall back on "but he hasn't won anything" horseshit for whichever man loses.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2019, 11:55:04 AM

;)
#newbridgeornowhere

north_antrim_hound

What happened to "whoever comes through the Barca- Liverpool semi are red hot favourites"
Maybe conventional wisdom is out the window now it's Lfc-spurs but I would be gutted if Liverpool lost this and very surprised.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Maroon Manc

Its a 50:50 game as long as Kane is fit but can see why the bookies have made Liverpool strong favourites, delighted Spurs won as Liverpool would have had far too much for Ajax.

If Kane doesn't start I don't think he'd go with Llorente, there's no chance he'll bully Van Dijk & Matip the way he did with Blind.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2019, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 09, 2019, 12:07:06 PM

Wasn't really thinking about the likes of OTB. His troll offerings aren't worth consideration.

But there will be supposedly knowledgeable people, including in the media, who will fall back on "but he hasn't won anything" horseshit for whichever man loses.

Yep that's exactly the point, the journey the Liverpool and Spurs fans have been on under these two brilliant managers has been amazing. Yet people and knowledgable people at that will only look at the trophy count, the barometer of success in sport should not only be about trophies. Wolves another club who have had a fantastic season.

#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

What a super 2 night's entertainment we just had.  I suspect that the final wont live up to that same standard but sure here's hoping.

Kane looks like he will play a part of some sort.  That might be harsh on Llorente though as I believe he played a massive part in turning that semi final around.

Will Salah and Firmino miss it?