Mayo Millionaire backer withholds Money

Started by TheGreatest, September 26, 2019, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

When was the last time Kerry were beatin in Munster or someone won it who wasn't Cork or Kerry?

No seems to care about that. Why are peolle so angry at dublin getting their house in order and at the same time as they have their greatest manager and some players who will be considered all greats?

Typical Irish ignorance in that there are numerous counties underachieving around the country but people are instead obsessing on trying to weaken dublin as they feel they are performing too well

Rossfan

Munster is hurling country apart from Kerry.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Halfquarter

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 05:08:06 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 08:54:13 AM
A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Ridiculous statements like this do nothing for anyone.

Yes, you are of course correct, they only scraped a win in 14 of the last 15 Leinster Finals and only scraped wins in 7 of the last 9 All Ireland's .
They only beat Kerry by 6 points this year. A pity that they couldn't get a man sent off in the first half and the result might have been a bit closer.
Your right, I'm probably mad.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Crete Boom on October 01, 2019, 04:31:13 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 01, 2019, 01:02:15 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 09:24:38 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 09:21:38 AM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 09:18:58 AM
A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

You see it across the country where individuals put money into their county. Declan Kelly Tipperary, JP McManus Limerick, Bertie Ahern and the €5m to Dublin.

As i said Double standards, At least other counties can put it to use, not a hope in Mayo. Dont even have the competence to accept free financial gifts.

I suppose it's difficult when you have actual volunteers trying to run the county board. There are several full time administrators in your own county for example.

Then take money from donors and hire some people.
Unfortunately money from donors is not a fixed income that can be budgeted to pay the annual salary or salaries for full time administrators let alone a CEO position. The only fixed income outside of gate receipts for a county like Mayo is sponsorship and most of this money is sucked up by day to day stuff like insurance, debt repayments, team expenses and coaching. Team expenses are the most frustrating since stuff like travel expenses and backroom teams to stay relevant or just compete are spiraling out of control but sponsorship and gate receipts depend on the level of success of a county team so it is a catch 22 situation!!

And they are out of control because you don't have the people in place to control it... Structures first, sun holidays second.

MayoBuck

dublin7

Fair play to Supermacs for asking the Galway CB for a breakdown of how their sponsorship was spent in the last few years. It's not at all surprising given the shambolic(I'd use another term but have to be careful) behaviour of the county board.

Pricey and a few others are so obsessed with GAA funding/spending they should go investigate that. Without going into specifics it sounds alot more disgraceful than anything about Dublin. That should be the real target for their anger/bitterness instead of crying over dublin actually doing the right things

Crete Boom

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 01, 2019, 08:38:35 PM

You see it across the country where individuals put money into their county. Declan Kelly Tipperary, JP McManus Limerick, Bertie Ahern and the €5m to Dublin.

As i said Double standards, At least other counties can put it to use, not a hope in Mayo. Dont even have the competence to accept free financial gifts.

I suppose it's difficult when you have actual volunteers trying to run the county board. There are several full time administrators in your own county for example.

Unfortunately money from donors is not a fixed income that can be budgeted to pay the annual salary or salaries for full time administrators let alone a CEO position. The only fixed income outside of gate receipts for a county like Mayo is sponsorship and most of this money is sucked up by day to day stuff like insurance, debt repayments, team expenses and coaching. Team expenses are the most frustrating since stuff like travel expenses and backroom teams to stay relevant or just compete are spiraling out of control but sponsorship and gate receipts depend on the level of success of a county team so it is a catch 22 situation!!

And they are out of control because you don't have the people in place to control it... Structures first, sun holidays second.

Sun holidays are fundraised each year seperately through an online lotto for mayo supporters and wouldn't be high up the list of priorities or a significant drain on resources.The structures in place in terms of fundraising and coaching development like the Mayo way are probably the best volunteers can manage in fairness. Travel expenses for players, s&c, underage coaching, stadium debt, insurance costs, running costs of the stadium, renting training pitches to suit players based in the east of the country would all be a much bigger drain on resources, this has increased all just to try and compete in division one and in the super 8's. Luckily we have local coaching teams to reduce the hit at all levels but these costs are significant that all the top counties have to endure except maybe the travel expenses. Again the resources are not there while trying to just stay competitive. If Mayo are not competitive then income reduces significantly through lack of season ticket sales and less sponsorship etc..!!
Realistically Mayo would need significant increase of central funding from the gaa to put in place a paid CEO at the outset but the gaa have decided to tie up these funds elsewhere and Mayo don't have the corporate pull to attract the sponsorship Dublin or Kerry or Cork do and the only way around this is to employ and experienced CEO they cannot afford to maximise the sponsorship they could attract!! Maybe in 10 or 15 years when the stadium debt is reduced a fulltime CEO could be put in place but there might not be much to manage by then so it is a catch 22 situation for Mayo and many other counties I guess.

Dubhaltach

Talk about ignorance!  Ya, maybe it's the sun holidays.

Or..... maybe it might have something to do with the fact that the Mayo county board have to pay 33 grand every month to pay for the debt on our county ground, something the Dubs will never have to worry about as neutral Croke Park is handed over to them.

Also, unlike the dubs, a large section of our players and backroom team have to travel the breadth of the country a couple of times a week which could have something to do with the large expenses bill.

Or maybe it's just that Dublin have better people in place ::)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dubhaltach on October 01, 2019, 11:31:33 PM

Talk about ignorance!  Ya, maybe it's the sun holidays.

Or..... maybe it might have something to do with the fact that the Mayo county board have to pay 33 grand every month to pay for the debt on our county ground, something the Dubs will never have to worry about as neutral Croke Park is handed over to them.

Also, unlike the dubs, a large section of our players and backroom team have to travel the breadth of the country a couple of times a week which could have something to do with the large expenses bill.

Or maybe it's just that Dublin have better people in place ::)
Mayo volunteers are only worth a quarter of the Dubs lads

magpie seanie

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Yes, you are of course correct, they only scraped a win in 14 of the last 15 Leinster Finals and only scraped wins in 7 of the last 9 All Ireland's .
They only beat Kerry by 6 points this year. A pity that they couldn't get a man sent off in the first half and the result might have been a bit closer.

Don't talk crap about Leinster titles when you said - It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

That statement implies that even if they're a little incompetent they'll win the All Ireland every year. Absolute bullshit and up there with the biggest bullshit I've ever read on here and that's a high bar.

Halfquarter

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2019, 09:36:10 AM

Don't talk crap about Leinster titles when you said - It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

That statement implies that even if they're a little incompetent they'll win the All Ireland every year. Absolute bullshit and up there with the biggest bullshit I've ever read on here and that's a high bar.
f you read what I said, I did  not imply ' a little incompetence ' I stated plainly  ' incredible incompetence '.
It would take an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence to fail to win with this team.
That is my opinion , you are of course correct , nobody should have the temerity to express an opinion that is different to yours , which you have so  eloquently expressed. ( not ) .

dublin7

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 02, 2019, 11:05:23 PM

f you read what I said, I did  not imply ' a little incompetence ' I stated plainly  ' incredible incompetence '.
It would take an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence to fail to win with this team.
That is my opinion , you are of course correct , nobody should have the temerity to express an opinion the is different to yours , which you have so  eloquently expressed. ( not ) .

If it's so easy to manage teams then why don't you take on a managerial job? or based on your post are managers irrelevant and county boards should just put 15 players on a pitch and let them play away on their own?

magpie seanie

That is my opinion , you are of course correct , nobody should have the temerity to express an opinion the is different to yours , which you have so  eloquently expressed. ( not ) .

I've no issue with someone holding a different opinion than myself. In fact it's your reaction that suggests you have the problem in that regard. To me, the above statement is so wrong it's difficult to believe. Dublin have been managed brilliantly by Jim Gavin and his team. Prepared probably as perfectly as any team could be. Devised a tactical approach after getting caught out by ultra defensive tactics which has effectively ended those tactics. Yet they easily could have lost the finals in 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019 - opponents missing chances or getting players sent off possibly saving Dublin on those occasions (maybe not 2011 but Kerry were 4 up with 10 minutes left in that one). Perhaps they should have lost a couple of those. Surely Jim Gavin and co have added something??? Or maybe they've bordered on "an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence" as they're almost failed to win with this team a few times.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2019, 09:43:39 AM

I've no issue with someone holding a different opinion than myself. In fact it's your reaction that suggests you have the problem in that regard. To me, the above statement is so wrong it's difficult to believe. Dublin have been managed brilliantly by Jim Gavin and his team. Prepared probably as perfectly as any team could be. Devised a tactical approach after getting caught out by ultra defensive tactics which has effectively ended those tactics. Yet they easily could have lost the finals in 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019 - opponents missing chances or getting players sent off possibly saving Dublin on those occasions (maybe not 2011 but Kerry were 4 up with 10 minutes left in that one). Perhaps they should have lost a couple of those. Surely Jim Gavin and co have added something??? Or maybe they've bordered on "an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence" as they're almost failed to win with this team a few times.

But they won them. That's all that matters. The 'epic losses' won't be written in the roll of honour. And the Mayo choke brigade have a field day too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Baile Brigín 2

Mayo being badly run turns into an anti Dub thread