Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: Bendyerback on December 07, 2017, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: The Brit Referee on December 06, 2017, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: redzone on December 06, 2017, 06:49:25 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 06, 2017, 04:05:17 PM
Also his record would be pretty similar to Larry Strain's. He won a club championship as well with Ballinderry.

Didn't know he managed ballinderry
Don't think it's a done deal just yet but both Gallagher and devlin are the preferred candidates with both our chairperson and senior manager but no official announcement yet

Devlin managed Ballinderry surely after a fallout but his children then started to kick a bit a ball and he returned to his beloved Moortown and after rising through the ranks at underage he managed back to back minor crowns and then was surplus to requirements and a fallout followed again, his lads were rumored to be transferring to another club

Ardboe management whom managed back to back minor titles suffered the same fate as them were chased last year after 1 year of a 2/3 year term

Derrylaughan won promotion this year to via a sterling performance in the league and were very unlucky not to win the double albeit some poor decisions by the ref cost them dearly , if my source is correct they have also chased their management team

Is there something in the water round the lough or what ?

The lowside around the loughshore has always been a bit mad. If you want to stay in management around there, don't be a successful youth manager.

Devlin was successful and got the road in moortown and as you say, so did the Ardboe management who got one year with the senior squad, although their dismissal was nothing to do with football. Rumour has it that the ginger shop keeper in cahoots with the bookmaker and his skivvies (same family) planned the coup that was to end their managerial careers. But that's another topic for another day.

Devlin will probably get a role within the Ardboe youth structures given the fact that his sons are heading that direction, however, that doesn't interest me either. If he gets the Tyrone job and can produce results I will be happy enough.

I've read some far fetched stuff in my short-lived life on this forum, but this is surely the best. It sounds like an episode of eastenders.

twenty one yard free

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 07, 2017, 04:47:41 PM
Quote from: Bendyerback on December 07, 2017, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: The Brit Referee on December 06, 2017, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: redzone on December 06, 2017, 06:49:25 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 06, 2017, 04:05:17 PM
Also his record would be pretty similar to Larry Strain's. He won a club championship as well with Ballinderry.

Didn't know he managed ballinderry
Don't think it's a done deal just yet but both Gallagher and devlin are the preferred candidates with both our chairperson and senior manager but no official announcement yet

Devlin managed Ballinderry surely after a fallout but his children then started to kick a bit a ball and he returned to his beloved Moortown and after rising through the ranks at underage he managed back to back minor crowns and then was surplus to requirements and a fallout followed again, his lads were rumored to be transferring to another club

Ardboe management whom managed back to back minor titles suffered the same fate as them were chased last year after 1 year of a 2/3 year term

Derrylaughan won promotion this year to via a sterling performance in the league and were very unlucky not to win the double albeit some poor decisions by the ref cost them dearly , if my source is correct they have also chased their management team

Is there something in the water round the lough or what ?

The lowside around the loughshore has always been a bit mad. If you want to stay in management around there, don't be a successful youth manager.

Devlin was successful and got the road in moortown and as you say, so did the Ardboe management who got one year with the senior squad, although their dismissal was nothing to do with football. Rumour has it that the ginger shop keeper in cahoots with the bookmaker and his skivvies (same family) planned the coup that was to end their managerial careers. But that's another topic for another day.

Devlin will probably get a role within the Ardboe youth structures given the fact that his sons are heading that direction, however, that doesn't interest me either. If he gets the Tyrone job and can produce results I will be happy enough.

I've read some far fetched stuff in my short-lived life on this forum, but this is surely the best. It sounds like an episode of eastenders.

Nothing far fetched about it,

Ask anyman in Ardboe that has anything in him and he ll confirm all of the above and more

Fuzzman

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 06, 2017, 11:30:27 AM
Fuzzman, with all due respect there no point talking about battles with Dublin. We were supposed to have one on 27th august but only one side turned up.

Sorry STG. Dont know what came over me with the positivity. Probably been living here too long now and forgot the doom and gloom.

I've called it all off now and told the local hotels, pubs and restaurants to calm down and go back into their recession mode.

As for the Strabane comment, it just gives us another insight into the person who posted it.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 08, 2017, 10:43:06 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on December 06, 2017, 11:30:27 AM
Fuzzman, with all due respect there no point talking about battles with Dublin. We were supposed to have one on 27th august but only one side turned up.

Sorry STG. Dont know what came over me with the positivity. Probably been living here too long now and forgot the doom and gloom.

I've called it all off now and told the local hotels, pubs and restaurants to calm down and go back into their recession mode.

As for the Strabane comment, it just gives us another insight into the person who posted it.

That was me, I also clearly said it was a joke. You know what this is, right? I actually have relatives from Strabane and my family own a business in the area so it's most certainly a bit of banter. But take it how you wish.

Furthermore, 'another' insight? I've made about 100 posts on this forum, none of which have ever been considered controversial nor intended to be. A simple check of my posts would sort that issue.

PW Nally

Quote from: PW Nally on December 05, 2017, 11:11:09 AM
Is there any place I can get a list of players of Tyrone county minor teams from the early 1970s? Photos would be a bonus.

Thanks for the help.....oh wait.....

Anyone got minor all Ireland winning team and pane namesl from 1973?

skeog

Liam Morris is the man keeps all the newspaper reports and photos of byegone years.

DEL

Who was Devlin up against? Was it Archie Beattie, Larry Strain and Joe McMahon?
That can't be right??????
PS He didn't win anything with Moortown or Ballinderry
Who makes the decision for the CB?

ladies only

Does anyone know why Tyrone Ladies minors are having three hour training sessions,  i heard from a parent in East Tyrone that 15 girls have refused to play for the manager this year as he is aggressive and hateful to them. Is that why so many of the players went to senior set up. Is it the same minor management as last year, i heard they weren't good.

longballin

Quote from: ladies only on December 10, 2017, 01:10:21 PM
Does anyone know why Tyrone Ladies minors are having three hour training sessions,  i heard from a parent in East Tyrone that 15 girls have refused to play for the manager this year as he is aggressive and hateful to them. Is that why so many of the players went to senior set up. Is it the same minor management as last year, i heard they weren't good.

I see it Hugh Donnelly for coming year, whoever he is. Aye three hours a bit long unless they train and go to movies after or something!

sam03/05

Why don't you ring up the manager and ask him, if you are so worried?
Instead of going on to a message board about it.
Ring him and ask why it's 3hours - if your that bothered about it.

Quote from: longballin on December 10, 2017, 03:10:11 PM
Quote from: ladies only on December 10, 2017, 01:10:21 PM

I see it Hugh Donnelly for coming year, whoever he is. Aye three hours a bit long unless they train and go to movies after or something!

scout

Quote from: DEL on December 08, 2017, 08:35:16 PM
Who was Devlin up against? Was it Archie Beattie, Larry Strain and Joe McMahon?
That can't be right??????
PS He didn't win anything with Moortown or Ballinderry
Who makes the decision for the CB?

He won a Grade 1 Double double with Moortown minors, the 2 years he was there. But did get defeated 1st hurdle in Ulster to Derry in his 2 years as Tyrone minor manager.

In hiding

Startling News !!!

Tyrone Senior Footballers played a challenge game on Saturday. Maybe this is the change of thinking we've been waiting for.
Drew with Carlow  btw

tiempo

Quote from: In hiding on December 18, 2017, 02:23:00 PM
Startling News !!!

Tyrone Senior Footballers played a challenge game on Saturday. Maybe this is the change of thinking we've been waiting for.

No chance, Mickey is a principled man, would never he depart from such a noble stance, he'd end up falling out with himself.

In hiding

Quote from: tiempo on December 18, 2017, 02:47:57 PM
Startling News !!!

No chance, Mickey is a principled man, would never he depart from such a noble stance, he'd end up falling out with himself.

Maybe it was Sean cavanagh who didn't allow Mickey to play challenge games

GetOverTheBar

Startling News !!!

Drew with Carlow  btw

Draw with Carlow, really?

Do you happen to know of the line up by any chance?