Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

I see all Ireland finalists mayo have called up 15 new players to their squad. Very progressive thinking manager they have.

TF15

Championship runners up and league champions but only have two on the panel. The bias is sickening from Mickey!

Dire Ear

Quote from: TF15 on November 30, 2017, 11:38:59 AM
Championship runners up and league champions but only have two on the panel. The bias is sickening from Mickey!
;D ;D

chieftain

There are about 50 fellas in the county of the same footballing ability as the vast majority of the squad, and that is the problem with Tyrone team. We just haven't got the players to annex Dublin / Mayo / Kerry. In my opinion two ulster titles back to back is a great achievement for the squad we have. Hopefully we can push on next year and with a bit of luck see the end stages of the championship and remain in division 1. 

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 30, 2017, 11:36:41 AM
I see all Ireland finalists mayo have called up 15 new players to their squad. Very progressive thinking manager they have.

That...and their team is away on holidays just after xmas so they'll need someone to fulfill fixtures.

As Cheiftain has just posted, I agree with fully. We have a lot of players in Tyrone on the same level - I'm thinking O'Neill, Bradley, McCurry, Lee Brennan (slightly unfair as he hasn't actually got his chance perhaps). On any given day these lads could score 1-3 and get Tyrone a win....the problem is none are consistent enough and there is also, on any given day, they could go missing.

Defensively, they have called up three players much promoted on this board and anyone who has seen them play or played against will have high hopes.

Dire Ear

O'Neill, Bradley, McCurry, Brennan--the problem I see with these players is their lack of confidence, due to the defensive system ( a system that most teams use TBH )

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 01, 2017, 09:15:56 AM
O'Neill, Bradley, McCurry, Brennan--the problem I see with these players is their lack of confidence, due to the defensive system ( a system that most teams use TBH )

Wouldn't argue against that, they have to do a lot of running before they even get close to shooting range most of the time. High output like that just before shooting, increases likelihood of dropped short or wide ball.

Goals_Will_Come

Ben McDonnell Errigal also called up.

Fuzzman

Is it the same management team as last year but with Stevie O'Neill added?
I really do hope there is some sort of change of tactics for the league.
A few of us are going down to Galway on the Sat night from Dublin if anyone else fancies it.

Where's a good pub to meet in Omagh before a match.
Thinking of inviting up a few Dub mates for the battle of Omagh part II on 3rd Feb.

PW Nally

Is there any place I can get a list of players of Tyrone county minor teams from the early 1970s? Photos would be a bonus.

Fuzzman

For any of ye interested I've a squad of Dubs coming up on Sat 3rd Feb and staying the night in Strabane for a nights craic

I'm predicting a good red hand spanking on and OFF the field that night

We owe them for how they treated us as AI champs in 2006 in the BOO part I

I would say they'll play their 3rd time mind you and still give us a good game but my mates reckon those new lads will be busting their gut to break into the squad for the summer.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 05, 2017, 03:29:45 PM
For any of ye interested I've a squad of Dubs coming up on Sat 3rd Feb and staying the night in Strabane for a nights craic

I'm predicting a good red hand spanking on and OFF the field that night

We owe them for how they treated us as AI champs in 2006 in the BOO part I

I would say they'll play their 3rd time mind you and still give us a good game but my mates reckon those new lads will be busting their gut to break into the squad for the summer.

Strabane is the right spot to go alright. Some of your mates from Dublin might feel at home around Ballycolman.

Had to edit this.....this was a tongue in cheek joke before anyone gets upset. It's actually a great pitch to play on, great atmosphere.

youhavenofans

Paul Devlin has been appointed un20 manager on 3 year term

The Brit Referee

Quote from: youhavenofans on December 06, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

A great appointment, he was very unlucky against Derry in 2016 and then was beaten by the same team that went on to be beaten in an all Ireland final

redhandefender

Quote from: youhavenofans on December 06, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

Awful appointment, done nothing with minors