Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyBoucherJr

2015 Ross Munnelly sent off in semi final and gets off
2016 Colm Begley sent off in semi final and gets off
2017 Kevin Byrne sent off in semi final and gets off
2018 Bruno sent off in semi final and doesnt get off
We know everyone hates us but dont make it so obvious!

Jd

Ah will you stop both lads struck. Maurice took his time, consulted both umpires and linesmen and made an informed decision. I feel sorry for Bruno but he should have known better. Match over facing into his 14th or 15th co final and he reacts If we start allowing appeals cos a lad misses a co final then the whole discipline system is a joke.  Refs need to be supported not second guessed. Jesus you'd think there's a big conspiracy against Portlaoise but are you forgetting that the Joseph's lad was put off too

BallyroanAbbey

with or without mccormack it shouldnt make a difference, nobody has got inside 10 points of them yet and i cant see it next sunday either

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 07, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
Well you do bring it on yourselves

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: Don Draper on October 07, 2018, 09:01:34 PM
Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 07, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
What does that mean? Youre missing the point!
Well you do bring it on yourselves

Don Draper

You said everyone hates you, you don't help yourselves in that regard.

town1980

In fairness we are just too good this year I don't think o Dempsey's will provide any resistance in the final if I'm honest graigue Woulda been a better opposition from last years team there has been some changes ,, a few cheap shots thrown at Clancy but they gave us the two best games of the championship and did av to try beat a team twice  ask the graigue people to judge him probably ,, going forward I think we are way to open so if we wana progress we need to tighten up only my opinion

High Fielder

Quote from: Don Draper on October 07, 2018, 09:44:05 PM

What do you mean by that Don?

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 08, 2018, 10:30:44 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 07, 2018, 09:44:05 PM

What do you mean by that Don?
Portlaoise's continued inability to cater for the youth of Portlaoise town is wrong. The state of hurling in Portlaoise is inexplicable. The decision to move the club out of Portlaoise will damage GAA in Laois for decades, unless something is done. Fix 2 of those and we'll all love you.

High Fielder

I'm not from Portlaoise but the attitude towards them sometimes grates me. I'm not aware of any young lad being turned away from the gates of Rathleague. As for the hurling, the opportunity is there I'm sure to hurl, but they've gone through a lean time recently. They're dominating at Senior in the football and getting dog's abuse for the numbers at their disposal, so where is the balance and how do you strike it? The move to Rathleague was a financially sound one until the deal broke down. It was too late then but they weren't the only ones to get burned. A lot of their problems stem from the fact that they can't cater financially for all the lads who come through their gate. I'm not exactly sure how guilty they are in that regard.

As for the Bruno decision, it looks mealy mouthed in comparison to all those who had their decision reversed. The CB were never going to do Portlaoise a favour in a county final, yet they somehow saw fit to let the other lads off. It's the latter and not the former that makes you wonder

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 08, 2018, 11:45:14 AM
I'm not from Portlaoise but the attitude towards them sometimes grates me. I'm not aware of any young lad being turned away from the gates of Rathleague. As for the hurling, the opportunity is there I'm sure to hurl, but they've gone through a lean time recently. They're dominating at Senior in the football and getting dog's abuse for the numbers at their disposal, so where is the balance and how do you strike it? The move to Rathleague was a financially sound one until the deal broke down. It was too late then but they weren't the only ones to get burned. A lot of their problems stem from the fact that they can't cater financially for all the lads who come through their gate. I'm not exactly sure how guilty they are in that regard.

As for the Bruno decision, it looks mealy mouthed in comparison to all those who had their decision reversed. The CB were never going to do Portlaoise a favour in a county final, yet they somehow saw fit to let the other lads off. It's the latter and not the former that makes you wonder
Ah would you stop, what a real "I'm grand boss, everythings grand boss" attitude. You see no problems in Portlaoise, well good luck to you so.

High Fielder

I've pointed to a number of issues previously that concern me about Portlaoise. In my opinion, money would solve a lot of them. Their own Development Officer maybe too. They can't afford to implement the improvements we need from them.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 08, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
I've pointed to a number of issues previously that concern me about Portlaoise. In my opinion, money would solve a lot of them. Their own Development Officer maybe too. They can't afford to implement the improvements we need from them.
I disagree.  A GDA would only develop the players already coming through the gates, it won't help cater for more, meaning a huge swathe of the town is still uncatered for. I hear it said that there isn't a big GAA community in Portlaoise, well there wont be if they cant get the chance to develop their game simply because they don't get the chance play the game. Money won't solve everything, in fact, going back to my first point, money caused one of the major problems they have, leaving the town.

High Fielder

It did, but if the deal had been done successfully, it would have benefitted the club financially. As things stand, they are in hock to the bank. They can't afford to kit out and run any more teams than they do, and if they had a highly functioning second team for instance, they couldn't afford to even pay a manager's expenses. So for the moment, I don't see any point making promises to youngsters that they can't honour. There is a problem in Portlaoise for sure, but I'm not sure if Portlaoise GAA are in a position to fix it

Laoiseabu

Just seen today why Portlaoise don't win leinsters anymore . Were very very average today