Derry
Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

The Iceman

surely Armagh's current forward line can't be the only ones in the county worthy of a call up? Is there nobody on the panel or on club teams who could fill his shoes given the chance? big loss if his injury is serious....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

FermGael

Barry Cassidy referring on Sunday lads.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

sligoman2

Big game for us against Offaly. I think we have only scored 1 goal so far which is a worrying stat.  Hopefully we can rectify that. Loser probably goes down so a lot at stake.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 13, 2018, 11:04:56 PM
Big game for us against Offaly. I think we have only scored 1 goal so far which is a worrying stat.  Hopefully we can rectify that. Loser probably goes down so a lot at stake.

Yeah, we don't look like getting goals because we haven't played an attacking enough style and we don't pick the best natural goalscorer I've seen in a long time (Kyle Cawley). I'm hopeful last Sundays change in tactics will continue and that Kyle gets more game time. If we got quick ball in to him and Coen we'd make goal chances, no doubts. We're very much an evolving puzzle.....just hope we've enough to get this job done on Sunday.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oakleaflad

At this stage I think we are just hoping we can beat Wexford at home this weekend, which should be enough to keep us up. I wouldn't be confident going away to Sligo needing points.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: FermGael on March 13, 2018, 10:48:53 PM
Barry Cassidy referring on Sunday lads.

God help both teams.

sligoman2

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 14, 2018, 09:39:38 AM
At this stage I think we are just hoping we can beat Wexford at home this weekend, which should be enough to keep us up. I wouldn't be confident going away to Sligo needing points.

I agree with the inverse of that.  I wouldn't relish having to beat a Derrry team to stay up especially if they were also I. The danger zone.

For us, a win in either of our last two games guarantees survival..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

markl121

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 14, 2018, 09:39:38 AM
It's depressing that it's come to this isn't it

Bord na Mona man

Offaly definitely go down if they lose.
Sligo can lose and stay up by beating Derry though.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 15, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
Whilst likely this is incorrect. Offaly could win their last game and if Derry failed to get more than 1 point out of their 2 games then Derry would be relegated.

For what it's worth I still fancy Sligo and Derry to pick up wins this weekend leaving Offaly and Wexford relegated.

tintin25

Fancy Fermanagh to beat Armagh, our need is greater!

Could see a scenario where Fermanagh, Armagh and Westmeath all tied on 12 points and comes down to scoring difference.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 15, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 15, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
Whilst likely this is incorrect. Offaly could win their last game and if Derry failed to get more than 1 point out of their 2 games then Derry would be relegated.

For what it's worth I still fancy Sligo and Derry to pick up wins this weekend leaving Offaly and Wexford relegated.
Well that scenario is technically possible, but Derry's last 2 games will be against Wexford who are winless and Sligo who would already safe and have no incentive to try.

If Offaly can't beat Sligo at home, they won't beat Westmeath away.

naka

Quote from: tintin25 on March 15, 2018, 11:42:36 AM
Fancy Fermanagh to beat Armagh, our need is greater!

Could see a scenario where Fermanagh, Armagh and Westmeath all tied on 12 points and comes down to scoring difference.
Armagh have so many injuries I can`t see any other result

Iarmhí Abú

"Fancy Fermanagh to beat Armagh, our need is greater!
Could see a scenario where Fermanagh, Armagh and Westmeath all tied on 12 points and comes down to scoring difference."

That would work well for Westmeath as the head to head would kick in and put Westmeath ahead of Fermanagh regardless of scoring difference.