Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collie Brolly

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 18, 2014, 09:31:33 AM
Quote from: five points on September 18, 2014, 09:01:24 AM
I think theres a rule that drawn matches can't go to extra time & must go to a replay, unless the game is a replay.

Any game up to quarters can have extra time.

Yiz are great lads up in Cyaaaavan for them rules so yiz are.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 18, 2014, 01:52:23 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 18, 2014, 09:31:33 AM
Quote from: five points on September 18, 2014, 09:01:24 AM
I think theres a rule that drawn matches can't go to extra time & must go to a replay, unless the game is a replay.

Any game up to quarters can have extra time.

Yiz are great lads up in Cyaaaavan for them rules so yiz are.

That crazy GAA with its rulebook

Itchy

Danny Brady, Mullahoran is the new minor manager. Wasn't expecting that. Anyone know his qualifications for the job?

rodney trotter

Who were you expecting? He was Co u16 manager for the past 2 years and done a very good job, reaching 2 Gerry Reilly finals, winning it. this year. He was the obvious candidate

Westside

I see Larry is a selector too. He deserves it based on how well he's got on in the Gerry Reilly tournament. Let's hope they can treat players a bit better than they have been by the last management setup and have a repeat of the 2011 success in the next couple of years.

Old yeller

How were the players treated badly by the last management set up?

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 20, 2014, 04:16:43 PM
Who were you expecting? He was Co u16 manager for the past 2 years and done a very good job, reaching 2 Gerry Reilly finals, winning it. this year. He was the obvious candidate

Thought you might be in the running Rodders

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on September 21, 2014, 01:43:32 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 20, 2014, 04:16:43 PM

Thought you might be in the running Rodders

Right,..

And I thought you were in the running for the Mayo job, tough luck there

Old yeller

Quote from: Westside on September 20, 2014, 10:49:25 PM
I see Larry is a selector too. He deserves it based on how well he's got on in the Gerry Reilly tournament. Let's hope they can treat players a bit better than they have been by the last management setup and have a repeat of the 2011 success in the next couple of years.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Old yeller on September 21, 2014, 09:41:12 PM
Quote from: Westside on September 20, 2014, 10:49:25 PM

Personal abuse. Old school.

Itchy

The big challenge for the minor management is to get the balance right with the county set up and St Pats.

rodney trotter

There will be no issue with that, that was already discussed.

Old yeller

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
But seriously, what was the bad treatment they suffered?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Old yeller on September 21, 2014, 11:17:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
But seriously, what was the bad treatment they suffered?

I was referring to the Pats and Co Minor management coming to an agreement over players being available to train with both teams. A few lads were dropped last this year for training with Pats - Andy McGovern should be a big help in that regard, he is part of the Co Minor management for next and involved with Pats.

It's important to have a strong Pat's team, 8 of that Kerry Minor team played in the Hogan Cup final against  St Pats Maghera in April

Blue in hope

The CCC in Cavan are a joke . They have fixed the semi final between Cuchullians V Cavan Gaels for next Saturday night before the quarter finals matches have been completed. Why not play quarter final first and play both semis the following weekend? This will give both semi final winner equal time of between the final.
They also played a  first round match before the preliminary round.