Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2018, 11:31:11 PM
You keep telling yourself that was an achievement , cause I hope that's what your focus is . Real truth is you know ,I know  everyone with a bit of cop knows ye never beat Mayo at full throttle in this era .

I think you're absolutely spot on in that it definitely wasn't that much of an achievement at all Larry given the overall context of 2018. Mayo weren't at the races at all this year, barely avoided relegation in the league via a point after about 14 steps and did absolutely nothing of note whatsoever in the championship, what's full throttle for ye these days to be honest? It would have been very disappointing if we couldn't have beat the Mayo team of 2018 at whatever stage of the championship we met them given Mayo's overall regression from their best standard this decade.
If ye could have kept the full 15 on the pitch would we have seen the full throttle on May 13th I wonder though? There wasn't a sign of it all year so it's hard to know.

seafoid

You keep telling yourself that was an achievement , cause I hope that's what your focus is . Real truth is you know ,I know  everyone with a bit of cop knows ye never beat Mayo at full throttle in this era .
That is the way the game is. The cycle of the best teams is longer. 95-99 was different.
When Galway start purring Mayo won't be able to touch them either.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Manning18

Hilarious given how multiple players have come out since and admitted how much they targeted May 13th. Galway targeted the league and aimed to be consistent throughout the year. Mayo put all their eggs in one basket yet still couldn't come out on top on their home patch. Maybe 6th time will be the charm. Must be fairly alarming to be consistently beaten by a team with an average age of 4/5 years younger. Hardly bodes well for the future

highorlow

QuoteHilarious given how multiple players have come out since and admitted how much they targeted May 13th. Galway targeted the league and aimed to be consistent throughout the year. Mayo put all their eggs in one basket yet still couldn't come out on top on their home patch. Maybe 6th time will be the charm. Must be fairly alarming to be consistently beaten by a team with an average age of 4/5 years younger. Hardly bodes well for the future

You mis-read Larry's post. Have a read of it again and come back with something relevant.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 29, 2018, 10:04:02 AM

I think you're absolutely spot on in that it definitely wasn't that much of an achievement at all Larry given the overall context of 2018. Mayo weren't at the races at all this year, barely avoided relegation in the league via a point after about 14 steps and did absolutely nothing of note whatsoever in the championship, what's full throttle for ye these days to be honest? It would have been very disappointing if we couldn't have beat the Mayo team of 2018 at whatever stage of the championship we met them given Mayo's overall regression from their best standard this decade.
If ye could have kept the full 15 on the pitch would we have seen the full throttle on May 13th I wonder though? There wasn't a sign of it all year so it's hard to know.

In my opinion we had a chance when Parsons was still there. Once he went off it was very hard to watch.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2018, 11:47:35 PM
What exactly has McEntee done to keep falling upwards?

Nothing since leaving Crossmaglen......good description Syferus

mayoman dan

Imo..when the dust settles and after sundays final Mcguinness will be appointed.Theres considerable bad feeling at the way Rochford has been treated so the county board wont want it looking like they had someone lined up all along.Rochfords time was probably up but theres a right and a wrong way to do things and as usual our county board have made a right mess of things.

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 29, 2018, 04:45:04 PM
Imo..when the dust settles and after sundays final Mcguinness will be appointed.Theres considerable bad feeling at the way Rochford has been treated so the county board wont want it looking like they had someone lined up all along.Rochfords time was probably up but theres a right and a wrong way to do things and as usual our county board have made a right mess of things.

McGuiness isn't even a runner.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Syferus on August 29, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

His private life is none of my concern😂.....Ive been told he is the only runner

larryin89

How would you know that , I'm not saying it's true or not . The mayo executive members are on lockdown the last 24 hours, usual informed men know nothing , yet here's this little pip squeak from the arse hole of Roscommon knows the runners.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on August 29, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

How would you know that , I'm not saying it's true or not . The mayo executive members are on lockdown the last 24 hours, usual informed men know nothing , yet here's this little pip squeak from the arse hole of Roscommon knows the runners.

🤣🤣🤣
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on August 29, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

Those watery eyes must be blinding you from seeing the news, so.

seafoid

Surely this latest Mayo shenanigan opens the way for Roscommon to dominate Connacht for the next decade.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
Surely this latest Mayo shenanigan opens the way for Roscommon to dominate Connacht for the next decade.

Hahahaha
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

I hear Horan has told Westport he is leaving, going to give it one more year only and the players have confirmed they are on board.
Dont shoot the messenger.