Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Negan on March 09, 2017, 09:10:44 PM
Says it all that it's come from the news desk at the express and not the sports desk.
I think that's an important point. Rory Delaney, I think, is the sports editor, and is a good writer and a good guy. His "road trip" articles this year are very good.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Negan on March 09, 2017, 09:10:44 PM
It's not in any clubs interest to reply to that article. As we all see it's disgraceful journalism and anyone with a brain in their head will realise that. My sympathies to the child but if what has been said here is true, his father has been very foolish. Says it all that it's come from the news desk at the express and not the sports desk.

I'm not so sure.
"We all see"- I.E. those of us reading an internet forum dedicated to Laois GAA.
Have a look on facebook and see if all of Park Ratheniska's prospective mammies and daddies out there see it the same as we do.
To paraphrase Mr Leavy, Park Ratheniska and all of the clubs surrounding Portlaoise are in a war to attract the young lads to their door and not in Portlaoise.

As well as all of the obvious advantages that Portlaoise enjoy, you now have this story.
Facebook summary of this story is Park Ratheniska & Laois = The Baddies, Portlaoise = The Goodies
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on March 08, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on March 08, 2017, 03:53:05 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on March 08, 2017, 10:13:39 AM
It actually doesn't bother me either way. But I like consistency and transparency. I have no interest in one rule for one and something completely different for another.

There is no such rule to retrospectively cancel transfers. I was being facetious. My broader point was that where people live has never been that much of a factor before, and that is commonly known. Why now?

Josephs role in this is despicable . No better than A certain club which you often berate . Same tactics used. The county board has changed it process and its great to see. The only hope is that it continues .l

A club that I often berate?

As for a leopard changing its spots, I'm not so sure. Maybe there was nothing on this roundabout to make it look like a good ride. If this is the way it's going to be for everyone, then great. A lot of harm has been done because of previous decisions
Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.

Helix

I see Lir McDonald has transferred to Ballinakill from Slieve Margy as was down as playing with Ballinakill seniors according to the Leinster Express match report vs Abbeyleix. A more consistent role in team rather than wait till championship as gaels to establish himself. Best of luck to him.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

It showsbthat there are hurlers in the football parts of the county. There's always lads who prefer hurling so thats why they need the structures and support. Thats why clubs like Slieve Margy need to get support from CB and keep going.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbbey

McDonald transfer was refused, he should never of been playing

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on March 14, 2017, 09:54:40 PM

That is an extremely serious offence if what you say is true?

TP Ashe

His transfer was definitely refused.

However, he had the right of appeal and that could have taken place as early as last Thursday. I haven't heard if he did appeal or not but I felt it was worth mentioning that maybe there's nothing to see here and this 18 year old was perfectly legal in playing...

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on March 14, 2017, 09:54:40 PM
"Have".

Helix

Look what I started  :o In all seriousness, I hope that the transfer process is all above board. Ballinakill would hardly be that stupid to pull such an act if he's not a registered Ballinakill player.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Don Draper

Quote from: Helix on March 14, 2017, 11:12:18 PM
Look what I started  :o In all seriousness, I hope that the transfer process is all above board. Ballinakill would hardly be that stupid to pull such an act if he's not a registered Ballinakill player.
Playing an illegal underage intercounty player in a county league game, with a reporter present? Yeah, I find it unlikely they're that stupid.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Helix on March 14, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

Surely not.

SCFC

It didn't stop Emo playing Cian Langford, a county minor footballer, in the league against Arles.
Clearly against the rule book and I hear they're in trouble over it.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 15, 2017, 07:38:14 AM
It didn't stop Emo playing Cian Langford, a county minor footballer, in the league against Arles.
Clearly against the rule book and I hear they're in trouble over it.
So, if what has been suggested here is true, both Ballinakill and Emo have now brought their own clubs into disrepute. Are we suggesting that club executives are getting dumber? Or do they believe the County Board will balls this up too?

Ballyroan Abbey

Ballinakill also played seamus fitzpatrick who as far as i know is on the minor hurlers, open to correction on that one