Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

If Slieve Bloom put their mind to it, they'd nearly win the Intermediate, and they'd get all the 'senior' hurling they wanted then.

hurlingmad

Quote from: burdizzo on March 01, 2017, 02:12:53 PM
If Slieve Bloom put their mind to it, they'd nearly win the Intermediate, and they'd get all the 'senior' hurling they wanted then.
if they had he who shall not be named they could certainly give it a go, ballacolla to take up where they left off for me though, rosenallis were way too strong for that grade

HURLING1

In Kerry all players have access to Senior football,without transferring from their home clubs. We need similar access in 5 his county.

Ballyroan Abbey

Regardless of weather they have the conroys or not (i heard the brother also wants to go) i doubt they would win inter, while they won the championship handy enough they were very lucky to beat a ballypickas team reliant on a few players in the league final, and were well bet the year before by ballacolla. Having said that its a very open championship so you never know

honest hurler

JUST in reply to you Don my facts are very true and if you ever want to meet up then you will clearly see O

Keyser Söze

My "contacts" tell me that ye were playing Ballinakill and Castletown off each other and ended up with neither!

You'd need to be very well connected to know all of the following!

1) How Slieve Bloom club dealt with it
2) What all of the players within Slieve Bloom wanted
3) The phone habits of the Slieve Bloom Chairman and Delegate
4) What exactly Ballinakill were "offering"
5) How Castletown feel about the whole thing!

Reports here and elsewhere of funny goings on at the CB meeting dealing with Gaels teams, where the Slieve Bloom and Ballinakill Delegates clashed as regards what was/wasn't agreed to!
I happened to be at the CB meeting 2/3 years ago when there was confusion over whether Slieve Bloom and Castletown were still together or separating! In the end the meeting agreed to give them more time to sort it out!

The incident I witnessed was comical! The more recent one sounds just as bad!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

TheGiantSquid

I imagine Cheddar will force the Ben Conroy transfer through by saying he is living in Portlaoise. Other transfers put forward are: Kevin Bergin from Clonad to Colt, Conor Quinlan from Kyle to B/K,Martin Scully from B/pickas to Abbeyleix, Rob Foyle from Timahoe to B/kill.

Helix

Kevin Bergin one rejected, the foyle one withdrawn and as far as I know heard scully going to Australia.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Keyser Söze

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on March 01, 2017, 05:32:55 PM
I imagine Cheddar will force the Ben Conroy transfer through by saying he is living in Portlaoise. Other transfers put forward are: Kevin Bergin from Clonad to Colt, Conor Quinlan from Kyle to B/K,Martin Scully from B/pickas to Abbeyleix, Rob Foyle from Timahoe to B/kill.

That would have been mad! Considering they were playing together as a Gaels team!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 01, 2017, 05:44:54 PM
Quote from: TheGiantSquid on March 01, 2017, 05:32:55 PM

That would have been mad! Considering they were playing together as a Gaels team!
Interesting that it was put forward in the first place mind you

TP Ashe

I don't know how the Kevin Bergin transfer request could be refused seeing as they won't be adjudicated on until next Monday. Clubs had until today to lodge formal, written objections.

Helix

Quote from: TP Ashe on March 01, 2017, 08:13:51 PM
I don't know how the Kevin Bergin transfer request could be refused seeing as they won't be adjudicated on until next Monday. Clubs had until today to lodge formal, written objections.

Sorry objection I meant
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Ogie

Transfer decisions due to be emailed out to clubs this morning.

Final hearings last night, the Slieve bloom player to Portlaoise move looks to be getting the green light after a Portlaoise address was produced!!!

Downtheroad

Slieve Bloom transfer to Portlaoise was refused

Don Draper

Barrowhouse to St Josephs refused also.