British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on June 10, 2016, 08:57:07 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 09, 2016, 11:20:40 PM
Quote from: ashman on June 09, 2016, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 09, 2016, 10:39:47 PM
Collusion hardly surprising but don't be expecting any prosecutions. Do we really want to still be having enquiries for another 20 years because that is where all this is leading. The legal profession are the people who gain most.

An ombudsman report and obtaining prosecutions are two different kettles of fish.

The burden of proof is huge .

At this stage surely the old "it's a honey pot for the legal profession " argument should not be a factor in assessing the importance of establishing the truth.  As an aside in modern Europe the scandalous fees charged by the legal profession must be tackled and the market should have a role.

Legal cost are not relevant in this. What cost the truth ?

We're seeing time and time again institutionalised collusion from the RUC and British forces where if they weren't actually involved they were turning a blind eye and then not investigating properly, to willfully destroying evidence to prevent justice being served, surely its time a lot of these honours bestowed on the RUC were removed in disgrace if only to show the Unionists that the moral high ground that they hold in terms of what happened during the last 40 years is very shaky and the violence was not solely the republican/nationalists causing it.

Didn't the queen herself pin medals on soldiers involved in Bloody Sunday? It is rotten all the way to the top!

Orior

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 09, 2016, 11:20:40 PM
Quote from: ashman on June 09, 2016, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 09, 2016, 10:39:47 PM
Collusion hardly surprising but don't be expecting any prosecutions. Do we really want to still be having enquiries for another 20 years because that is where all this is leading. The legal profession are the people who gain most.

An ombudsman report and obtaining prosecutions are two different kettles of fish.

The burden of proof is huge .

At this stage surely the old "it's a honey pot for the legal profession " argument should not be a factor in assessing the importance of establishing the truth.  As an aside in modern Europe the scandalous fees charged by the legal profession must be tackled and the market should have a role.

Legal cost are not relevant in this. What cost the truth ?

But will you get the truth? Which would you prefer, spend millions trying to get the brits to admit their guilt or a job, health and roof over your head?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

it was a dirty war which went on for nearly 30 years.
all sides did things that they don`t want investigated.
the truth will never fully come out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: naka on June 10, 2016, 01:31:28 PM
it was a dirty war which went on for nearly 30 years.
all sides did things that they don`t want investigated.
the truth will never fully come out.

agreed, and while that wont help surviving members of people that were blown up, shot or disappeared who desperately seek answers/justice.. the question has to be when will it stop? A truth amnesty needs to be agreed and to hell with the legal profession making millions off the backs of people misery
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

The truth is the conflict here was perpetuated by the Security forces, Unionism, British govt. Played eveyone like puppets and could have brought the conflict to an end at anytime but chose not to.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 10, 2016, 02:04:56 PM
The truth is the conflict here was perpetuated by the Security forces, Unionism, British govt. Played eveyone like puppets and could have brought the conflict to an end at anytime but chose not to.

Yes true, and the use of informants was disgusting, looking back at it all now with sensible thinking it could have ended so easily, or at the very least thousands of families could have been spared the heartache of losing love ones.....

Only have to look at other conflicts to see how it still goes on and the killings are happening at a far greater rate than what we had, its seems that a great bit of blood letting is needed by both sides before people say enough is enough... continue to let it consume you and it will never leave

Played like puppets, why? to what end did it benefit the British government to have an unstable state? Serious question, as it wasn't to make money, and unionist vote wasn't needed to keep the government in place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

The deafening silence from Dublin should once again be a salutary lesson to those who aspire to Irish unity.The truth is they don't want to know because they regard us as foreigners.What therefore is the point continuing with this aspiration? Far better to procèed with a N Irish identity devoid of the caustic associations with London and Dublin.

Rossfan

Ah Tony will ya start batin another drum.
That oul one is well burst now  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 02:25:26 PM
The deafening silence from Dublin should once again be a salutary lesson to those who aspire to Irish unity.The truth is they don't want to know because they regard us as foreigners.What therefore is the point continuing with this aspiration? Far better to procèed with a N Irish identity devoid of the caustic associations with London and Dublin.

Partitionist!
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Is what I'm saying factually incorrect? Was there widespread condemnation from Leinster House? Was the British Ambassador's residence ransacked?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 03:25:32 PM
Is what I'm saying factually incorrect? Was there widespread condemnation from Leinster House? Was the British Ambassador's residence ransacked?

QuoteFar better to procèed with a N Irish identity devoid of the caustic associations with London and Dublin.

It is factually correct that you a partitionist when you write the above.

Oh and......

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/kenny-to-raise-british-and-loyalist-collusion-with-cameron-dail-told-1.2253424
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/dáil-debate-on-british-loyalist-collusion-1.817956
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Tokenism at its worst.

Also I am not partitionist.The state,with a parliament 80 miles from my home,that treats me as a "Foreign Affairs" matter,is.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
Also I am not partitionist.

You are no more a partitionist than a WUM.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
Tokenism at its worst.

Also I am not partitionist.The state,with a parliament 80 miles from my home,that treats me as a "Foreign Affairs" matter,is.

The basis for their treatment of you is the Good Friday Agreement.

You want the 6 counties to remain separate from the 26. That is your right, but don't keep blaming everyone else for your partitionist views.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I don't want this.I am just being realistic as I see no effort whatsoever from any nationalist to end partition.Therefore what is the point in holding on to this aspiration?