British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Read it a few months back. I suppose it was nothing that we didn't already know, but nonetheless still harrowing to read the depth of hatred that existed in certain unionists in an area that I grew up in. I'd imagine that's only the tip of the iceberg. :-\

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on June 06, 2014, 03:50:04 PM
It's the only thing you could find to post about on this thread.
Playing the man here hardy?

wtf?

He might be a bit extreme in his point- but unfortunately he's kind of correct.
IMO it's still the case! C'est la vie, but why attack the man?( fox)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: waterfordlad on June 07, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
I just read Lethal Allies by Ann Cadwallader about collusion between Loyalists paramilitaries and the RUC/UDR in the 70's in mid Ulster and it is shocking stuff. I didn't know about this as was only born around that time. Serving RUC and UDR members took part in gun and bomb attacks on many innocent Catholics in the area and this gang based around Tyrone and Armagh were responsible for up to 120 deaths including Dublin and Monaghan bombings. The heads of the gang were tipped off about security force activity and were able to freely organise terrorism mainly based from two farms in Armagh. Weapons were passed between  UDR/RUC and terrorists and in one case a 4 man RUC unit attacked a country bar in Armagh while on duty wearing overalls over the uniforms. A man who was shot outside recognised the boots as police boots when lying injured on the ground.  3 of them got suspended sentences from the judge then. Anyone else read this book?
Read 'the committee' by Sean mcphilemy - though it's prob more of the same

Why are people so surprised?
Also sad as it may be, it was a war so you can't expect tribunals - though I suppose there is a case for those who were innocents killed by the colluding state lead unionist/loyalist death squads

Hardy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 09, 2014, 07:29:17 PM

wtf?

Play the man? Attack? If you call than an attack, you can't have lasted too long on the football pitches of Meath.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2014, 07:54:12 PM

wtf?

Play the man? Attack? If you call than an attack, you can't have lasted too long on the football pitches of Meath.
Playing the man nonetheless!!
:)

No prob on the pitches of Meath to be honest!!

Just had to be careful of the sneaky attacks from behind!

But no prob dealing with them all as I said.

Pity I was supposed to be playing football though!

cadhlancian

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 09, 2014, 07:32:17 PM
Quote from: waterfordlad on June 07, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
I just read Lethal Allies by Ann Cadwallader about collusion between Loyalists paramilitaries and the RUC/UDR in the 70's in mid Ulster and it is shocking stuff. I didn't know about this as was only born around that time. Serving RUC and UDR members took part in gun and bomb attacks on many innocent Catholics in the area and this gang based around Tyrone and Armagh were responsible for up to 120 deaths including Dublin and Monaghan bombings. The heads of the gang were tipped off about security force activity and were able to freely organise terrorism mainly based from two farms in Armagh. Weapons were passed between  UDR/RUC and terrorists and in one case a 4 man RUC unit attacked a country bar in Armagh while on duty wearing overalls over the uniforms. A man who was shot outside recognised the boots as police boots when lying injured on the ground.  3 of them got suspended sentences from the judge then. Anyone else read this book?
Read 'the committee' by Sean mcphilemy - though it's prob more of the same

Why are people so surprised?
Also sad as it may be, it was a war so you can't expect tribunals - though I suppose there is a case for those who were innocents killed by the colluding state lead unionist/loyalist death squads
[/quote
I also read the Comittee. It was more speculation than hard fact, no doubt large portions of it were true. However , Lethal Allies is cold hard facts.

brokencrossbar1

Anyone see the program tonight on RTE?  Pretty damning stuff and very moving. It's high time that people were fully exposed at whatever level they are at. This will constantly run as a sore until such times as the whole truth is out.

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 16, 2015, 12:09:42 AM
Anyone see the program tonight on RTE?  Pretty damning stuff and very moving. It's high time that people were fully exposed at whatever level they are at. This will constantly run as a sore until such times as the whole truth is out.

Saw it and I agree completely. Terrible, terrible stuff. Think it will give some people in the 26 a bit of an eye opener.

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 16, 2015, 12:18:25 AM

Saw it and I agree completely. Terrible, terrible stuff. Think it will give some people in the 26 a bit of an eye opener.
Knew most of it already but good to see it put out there again.
People like Syfín might now start to realise that the IRA weren't the only "baddies".
Ken Maginess is still one hateful cnut. " The boy Cameron" ffs!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

I'm not sure there was a whole lot new in this, but it is good to see things set out and some people could do with a reminder to how things were.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

It's never gonna happen.

omaghjoe

wtf?

Your contributions to threads is often so vague and lacking in substance that they give the impression you either;

• don't know what you are talking about,
  • think you are have more foresight than others or
  • are being passive aggressive.

Think its somewhere between the latter two myself but wouldn't totally rule out the first ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 16, 2015, 03:56:32 AM

wtf?

Your contributions to threads is often so vague and lacking in substance that they give the impression you either;

• don't know what you are talking about,
  • think you are have more foresight than others or
  • are being passive aggressive.

Think its somewhere between the latter two myself but wouldn't totally rule out the first ;)

I'll go for number 1 please Cilla
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Hereiam

Its a pity its took this long for this issue to be highlighted in the media over here the main problem is that it wont be shown to anyone over in Britain where it could do real damage so all in all its a waste of time because the general public here will go that's terrible but go on with there lives.

GJL

Quote from: Hereiam on June 16, 2015, 10:16:31 AM
Its a pity its took this long for this issue to be highlighted in the media over here the main problem is that it wont be shown to anyone over in Britain where it could do real damage so all in all its a waste of time because the general public here will go that's terrible but go on with there lives.

There was a Panorama similar to last nights show on BBC1 last week shown all over. I would doubt if many over the water would give a toss. I actually doubt if many in the 26 actually do either. :-\

Good to see it coming to the surface and I hope it keeps going.