British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
That's just funny. He doesn't seem to realise he's confirming that weapons went missing on a somewhat regular basis.

;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Franko

These were the same forces of law that the idiot mayogodhelpus reckons nationalists should have reported crimes to during the troubles.  Talk about ignorance of the situation.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Franko on October 24, 2013, 12:15:34 PM
These were the same forces of law that the idiot mayogodhelpus reckons nationalists should have reported crimes to during the troubles.  Talk about ignorance of the situation.

And not to forget the SDLP, who for years dismissed talk of state collusion as "republican propaganda". Reminiscent of how hey dismissed allegation of collusion in the shooting of Alex Maskey and said it was probably carried out by "fellow republicans". These same b****ds refused to even meet with families of collusion victims in stormont before they facilitated Jim Allister's anti-agreement,  hierarchy of victims bill a few months back. I wonder how the Tyrone families of those 120 odd people detailed in this book felt hearing Tyrone stoop MLA Joe Byrne at that time saying that "The innocent victims need to be addressed, in particular the innocent victims of the Provisional IRA". True colours.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

tyroneman

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Feckitt

There are various book launches over the next few weeks.  Vincent Browne is the main speaker at the Dublin event next week (Tuesday, i think)

TransitVanMan

Quote from: TransitVanMan on August 03, 2011, 03:08:04 PM
As far back as 1975 the loyalists were granted access to UDR barracks.  One such instance resulted in the disappearance of the entire arsenal in Magherafelt barracks.
Get in the Van!

deiseach

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 12:23:16 PM
And not to forget the SDLP, who for years dismissed talk of state collusion as "republican propaganda". Reminiscent of how hey dismissed allegation of collusion in the shooting of Alex Maskey and said it was probably carried out by "fellow republicans". These same b****ds refused to meet with families of collusion victims in stormont before they facilitated Jim Allister's anti-agreement,  hierarchy of victims bill a few months back. I wonder how the Tyrone families of those 120 odd people detailed in this book felt hearing Tyrone stoop MLA Joe Byrne at that time saying that "The innocent victims need to be addressed, in particular the innocent victims of the Provisional IRA". True colours.

I did a bit of Googling and the only references I can find where the SDLP dismissed talk of state collusion come from Sinn Féin. When it comes to the SDLP and "republican propoganda" you come to top of the list, just ahead of a Sinn Féin press release.

Rossfan

That book is simply confirming what all right minded people knew all along.
Still it's good ( if that's the right word in the circumstances) to see it all written in one place.
As for Elliott and Donaldson - still wearing the blinkers like so many Unionists.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

It was quite smart for the British Army to split responsibilities for actions across numerous groups within their control.
'We didn't do the murders/assassinations, it was those UDR guys in hoods'.

Nally Stand

Quote from: deiseach on October 24, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 12:23:16 PM
And not to forget the SDLP, who for years dismissed talk of state collusion as "republican propaganda". Reminiscent of how hey dismissed allegation of collusion in the shooting of Alex Maskey and said it was probably carried out by "fellow republicans". These same b****ds refused to meet with families of collusion victims in stormont before they facilitated Jim Allister's anti-agreement,  hierarchy of victims bill a few months back. I wonder how the Tyrone families of those 120 odd people detailed in this book felt hearing Tyrone stoop MLA Joe Byrne at that time saying that "The innocent victims need to be addressed, in particular the innocent victims of the Provisional IRA". True colours.

I did a bit of Googling and the only references I can find where the SDLP dismissed talk of state collusion come from Sinn Féin. When it comes to the SDLP and "republican propoganda" you come to top of the list, just ahead of a Sinn Féin press release.

I lived through enough of it. At local levels, and sometimes publicly, they denied collusion was happening. I'll never forget them for it. They routinely denied both collusion and shoot-to-kill. I already mentioned the case of Alex Maskey. On another occasion an unarmed IRA man was shot dead by the RUC, the SDLP's Eddie McGrady publicly saluted the RUC for their "restraint". They were the party which said Ronnie Flanagan was trying to edge policing forward and that they could work with him and supported an extended contract for him. Joe Byrne's quote above just sums up where he SDLP place the needs of collusion victims.

deiseach

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 01:08:20 PM
I lived through enough of it. At local levels, and sometimes publicly, they denied collusion was happening. I'll never forget them for it. They routinely denied both collusion and shoot-to-kill. I already mentioned the case of Alex Maskey. On another occasion an unarmed IRA man was shot dead by the RUC, the SDLP's Eddie McGrady publicly saluted the RUC for their "restraint". They were the party which said Ronnie Flanagan was trying to edge policing forward and that they could work with him and supported an extended contract for him. Joe Byrne's quote above just sums up where he SDLP place the needs of collusion victims.

Can you direct me to where the SDLP referred to allegations of collusion as "republican propaganda"? None of the cases you cite imply that was their position.

Nally Stand

Quote from: deiseach on October 24, 2013, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 01:08:20 PM

Can you direct me to where the SDLP referred to allegations of collusion as "republican propaganda"? None of the cases you cite imply that was their position.

Deiseach, I lived through it and listened to that from a stream of sdlp people. It was their line. I will never forget that. You have just ignored every point I made above, which says a lot.

deiseach

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 01:57:41 PM
Deiseach, I lived through it and listened to that from a stream of sdlp people. It was their line. I will never forget that. You have just ignored every point I made above, which says a lot.

You can't provide a single reference for it, because it's a lie.

gallsman

The fact that a story about security force collusion and murder during the troubles has descended to the point of being a football to be kicked about for political point scoring within the nationalist community is pathetic.