The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Boycey on June 02, 2020, 11:46:36 PM
J70 I never said you were annoyed. Read what I said again, I'm just explaining my personal views on such statements, annoyance was probably the wrong word in fairness.

It's always acceptable for Liverpool to move on, I did say that it was the reaction from gobshites that grinded with me.

Do I have to be the one that calls him out? Are the battle lines that clear?

I've just seen supersub post, am I reading it right and youre reporting something that was said?

Fair enough.

As for calling people out, that poster appeared to be just looking for a reaction.

J70

Every club had neanderthal racists among its support. I'm sure most had some playing for them back then too. Howard Gayle told some horrifying stories about the casual abuse he used to get from Tommy Smith in the late 70s.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2020, 01:51:59 AM
Every club had neanderthal racists among its support. I'm sure most had some playing for them back then too. Howard Gayle told some horrifying stories about the casual abuse he used to get from Tommy Smith in the late 70s.
I agree completely.
The vast majority of people in football have moved on and don't accept racism on or off the pitch

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 03, 2020, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 02, 2020, 09:09:08 PM
American owners? Theyre all at it,
also,
when ye get a minute check out Evertons pinned post on twitter
also
when ye get another minute do an oul search for me and tell me what ground the John Barnes and banana picture was taken at...
Highbury
Liverpool fans threw bananas at their own player at Highbury on Barnes' debut

And if you don't know that, you haven't a clue about the clubs history

Good man del. When ye get an oul pic throw her up there. The one i saw had Barnes in red whereas they always wore the away kit at Highbury....mmmm

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2020, 10:43:39 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 02, 2020, 10:36:46 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 02, 2020, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2020, 10:27:06 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 02, 2020, 08:52:47 PM
Why does LFC have to hitch itself to every tragic death or cause? It is truly bizarre

they even laid a club wreath at the 9-11 monument in NYC when the club were playing games over there on a summer pre-season tour. Why?
Why are you so obsessed with Liverpool FC. It's truly bizarre.
Why?

He's follows Everton....the hate keeps them alive...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265307746917900290
That's hilarious  ;D

Even Sky are trolling them...

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1267865781225893890?s=21

ONeill

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 03, 2020, 09:01:58 AM
also,
also
when ye get another minute do an oul search for me and tell me what ground the John Barnes and banana picture was taken at...
Highbury

Good man del. When ye get an oul pic throw her up there. The one i saw had Barnes in red whereas they always wore the away kit at Highbury....mmmm

1920. Young Irishmen (and women) fight, starve and debate for the love and future of their country.
2020. Young Irishmen debate on the Internet which English soccer club they support is the least racist.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2020, 10:05:23 AM
also,
also
Highbury

1920. Young Irishmen (and women) fight, starve and debate for the love and future of their country.
2020. Young Irishmen debate on the Internet which English soccer club they support is the least racist.

Should we take to the streets and start fighting the brits again?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2020, 10:35:32 AM
also,
also
Highbury

No point, half these lads would tout on you now.

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2020, 10:35:32 AM
also,
also
Highbury

O'Neill wouldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. All talk.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

He'd send Olly into battle for him

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2020, 03:52:41 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 02, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
The mancs and the bitters and the fans of basically every other club will stop at nothing in order to get a dig in at Liverpool, even bringing up Suarez, a player who Liverpool had every right to back throughout who wasn't even proved guilty.
Shameless individuals, but sure that's to be expected. The fume is delicious.

It may be delicious but it isnt wrong. You can't unwind history it is what it is.

The club acted disgracefully in the Evra situation that will live in the memory of other fans especially Utd fans, only natural.

So you can understand how this sticks in the throat a bit, even if the personell have moved on and new faces are in.

Everyone should condemn racism.
It's nothing more than mancs stooping to new levels to get a dig in at Liverpool. How did the club act disgracefully?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 03, 2020, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2020, 03:52:41 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 02, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
The mancs and the bitters and the fans of basically every other club will stop at nothing in order to get a dig in at Liverpool, even bringing up Suarez, a player who Liverpool had every right to back throughout who wasn't even proved guilty.
Shameless individuals, but sure that's to be expected. The fume is delicious.

It may be delicious but it isnt wrong. You can't unwind history it is what it is.

The club acted disgracefully in the Evra situation that will live in the memory of other fans especially Utd fans, only natural.

So you can understand how this sticks in the throat a bit, even if the personell have moved on and new faces are in.

Everyone should condemn racism.
It's nothing more than mancs stooping to new levels to get a dig in at Liverpool. How did the club act disgracefully?

At the time or lately? At the time badly now they are doing the right thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

At the time. What did the club do that was disgraceful?

J70

I'd say naive, poor judgement, ill-advised and incompetent more than disgrace, but I understand United feeling that way.

They may have genuinely believed Suarez's assurances, but they should have issued a statement of support for the inquiry/stance of no tolerance for racial abuse, shut everyone up and accepted the outcome.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2020, 03:52:38 PM
I'd say naive, poor judgement, ill-advised and incompetent more than disgrace, but I understand United feeling that way.

They may have genuinely believed Suarez's assurances, but they should have issued a statement of support for the inquiry/stance of no tolerance for racial abuse, shut everyone up and accepted the outcome.

To be fair J70 I think the guy is a WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea