The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Pool fan so i am biased. But what happens if it flares up again in say oct. Another season ruined? Surely better to finish the one 80% finished 😉

Ball Hopper

This might work over the next few years...if it can restart in Oct (even if behind closed doors)

Finish this season by end Oct, or go into Nov if necessary.

The next two seasons will start on Boxing Day (as called by some) and run to Sept/Oct. 

Euro 2021 in Nov/Dec 2021, World Cup in Qatar Nov/Dec 2022

Reset some way if necessary in 2023

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2020, 11:01:40 PM
Pool fan so i am biased. But what happens if it flares up again in say oct. Another season ruined? Surely better to finish the one 80% finished 😉
What makes starting next season more important than finishing this one?
Surely the one that isn't finished is more important.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

I appreciate theres issues with guys contracts finishing come end May or whatever but i think thats just a handy excuse for the boys that want her cancelled 😉

Far bigger issues than that overall like the Sky money, potential refunds and so on. We go till shes finished 😉

Milltown Row2

What's more important? Finish the league or save lives?

Let's see what the government recommend first in relation to social distancing (it hasn't been great so far) then you've got to look at players, staff, management and so on..

Nothing is going to be right for a while. Finish the league as is. Move on start next season if they can as normal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

I presume there will be a gradual return toward the norm...or the new norm maybe.

Sports and entertainment will be the last "industries" to reopen.

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont think anyone was debating what was more important MR2..

What is there, 9 games left? No reason why they couldnt be run off in a 4 week period, once "normality" has been restored, or even a week or two of behind closed doors initially, ignoring the obvious big issue of the cups;

What will be will be

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2020, 11:53:50 PM

What is there, 9 games left? No reason why they couldnt be run off in a 4 week period, once "normality" has been restored, or even a week or two of behind closed doors initially, ignoring the obvious big issue of the cups;

What will be will be

Behind closed doors, can players be 2 metres from each other during play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2020, 12:04:13 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2020, 11:53:50 PM

What will be will be

Behind closed doors, can players be 2 metres from each other during play?

Lovren plays most matches like he is social distancing so I dont see why not .... ;) ;)

Armamike

Quote from: David McKeown on April 02, 2020, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on April 01, 2020, 04:46:40 PM
Opinions on how this season is going to be resolved/finished?
Will Liverpool win the league?

Liverpool deserve the title but I can't see a fair way to end this. Players who have signed contracts to go else where might find it difficult to simply extend. If the league can be finished safely it's the best option but I don't think it's fair to damage next season to get this one finished. Everything will depends on what happens with this virus mind and things are not looking great in England.

I don't understand this thinking at all.  Why destroy a season that is two thirds done in order to protect a new one?  I don't see the logic in that.
That's just, like your opinion man.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Armamike on April 03, 2020, 02:30:55 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 02, 2020, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on April 01, 2020, 04:46:40 PM
Opinions on how this season is going to be resolved/finished?
Will Liverpool win the league?

Liverpool deserve the title but I can't see a fair way to end this. Players who have signed contracts to go else where might find it difficult to simply extend. If the league can be finished safely it's the best option but I don't think it's fair to damage next season to get this one finished. Everything will depends on what happens with this virus mind and things are not looking great in England.

I don't understand this thinking at all.  Why destroy a season that is two thirds done in order to protect a new one?  I don't see the logic in that.
There is no logic whatsoever. He's probably a Man U fan

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 03, 2020, 02:12:24 PM
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/391981-live-from-8pm-bst-watch-liverpool-4-3-newcastle-in-full

Friday night sorted. My earliest Liverpool memory, what a game.
Great game. We didn't have Sky at home back then. A neighbour who did used to record the games on VHS for me though. I remember well getting the recording of this game without knowing the score and watching it the following morning.
Barnes,Rush,Barnes,Still John Barnes....Collymore closing in.....Liverpool lead in stoppage time!!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1651836

QuoteSeason restart

It was acknowledged that the Premier League will not resume at the beginning of May – and that the 2019/20 season will only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

The restart date is under constant review with all stakeholders, as the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic develops and we work together through this very challenging time.

The Premier League is working closely with the whole of professional football in this country, as well as with the Government, public agencies and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the game achieves a collaborative solution.

With this, there is a combined objective for all remaining domestic league and cup matches to be played, enabling us to maintain the integrity of each competition.

However, any return to play will only be with the full support of Government and when medical guidance allows.

The sporting and financial implications for Premier League clubs as well as for The FA, EFL and National League were considered at today's meeting.

Capt Pat

They have to finish the current season, there is no fair way to abandon it with all the implications for relegation and promotion as well as champions league places. Liverpool winning it is a done deal whether they finish the league or not.

Playing games behind closed doors will be a reality. It is a safe and time effective solution to getting the season finished. In terms of players being too close to each other. They can be tested before games and are all fit young men.