The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Fair enough HS, you're probably right.
I edited the last bit out.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trailer

Boycey

Don't think anyone, well anyone worth bothering about, will revel too much in Liverpool potentially not winning the league but certainly within my immediate peer group it'll get some milage. Gallows humour I think it's called.

I'd be borderline high risk, my Mrs a recovering cancer case with a 93 year old mother just in case anyone thinks I'm a heartless bastard 

Capt Pat

People are just winding up Liverpool fans with talk of voiding the league. Imho it will be awarded to Liverpool if no more games are played. I mean we are 25 points ahead, they have to give it to us. That is the easy bit, I really don't know how they are going to resolve relegation and promotion and who gets the champions league places.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 13, 2020, 10:48:21 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on March 13, 2020, 10:40:45 PM
People are just winding up Liverpool fans with talk of voiding the league. Imho it will be awarded to Liverpool if no more games are played. I mean we are 25 points ahead, they have to give it to us. That is the easy bit, I really don't know how they are going to resolve relegation and promotion and who gets the champions league places.
"Awarded the league." In the football bantering community, those words carry weight.

Normally yes, but not when a team needs two wins out of nine (or 6 points out of 36) assuming their nearest rival wins all ten of their remaining games.

Boycey

Will they 'award' Norwich relegation??

Obviously I'm not a Liverpool fan but I honestly think if I was being awarded the league would be worse than the whole thing being called off as it is...

David McKeown

Quote from: laoislad on March 13, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
Klopp has it right, football isn't important right now. Yeah me and every other Liverpool fan wouldn't be the happiest if it is all made void but in reality its really not that important.
Both my parents are just over cancer and are both in their 70s. I'm genuinely terrified that they are going to get this, they are prime candidates for it. I'm not going anywhere near them with my kids and its bloody hard to do that. People reveling in the fact that Liverpool might not win the league if the season is made void haven't much to be worried about.

I couldn't agree more and am in a very similar position. At the end of the day in ten years time what are you going to remember this year for. What happened to the league or what happened with this pandemic.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Quote from: Boycey on March 13, 2020, 11:35:55 PM

Obviously I'm not a Liverpool fan but I honestly think if I was being awarded the league would be worse than the whole thing being called off as it is...

I doubt if that will happen though.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2020, 11:42:38 PM

I doubt if that will happen though.

Ah look it's all pie in the sky at the minute and hopefully football returns and the season is finished out but having the logical/pedantic brain I have I feel you can't tie up some loose ends without tying up them all...

I'd rather be on the football threads than with the 'medical experts' on the Coronavirus ones any day  ;)

Saffrongael

Massive breach of contract for premier league with BT/Sky if they void the season
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armamike

There are lots of options that can be taken to finish the league if the will and the fairmind is there. Sadly there are a few clubs calling for it to be voided who are acting in their own self interest. Karen Brady from West Ham being an example. Pity she couldn't run the club a bit better otherwise she wouldn't be desperately trying to avoid relegation.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

It should be finished, how many games are left?

Just get it done by June two a week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 12:16:59 PM
It should be finished, how many games are left?

Just get it done by June two a week

9 games left, a few have 10. Only hope I think is if the football is back in June, play 2 games a week for a month and cancel the euros.

RedHand88

You don't get the desperation for Liverpool fans to get this monkey off their back though. I would 100% take the title now. Yes they will shout "tainted title" but I really couldn't care less. These people shouted last year that Liverpool had "choked" after finishing with 97points and winning the last 12 games or whatever it was. They are balloons and should not be listened to.