Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I wouldn't imagine anyone from Naomh Gall thinking that Lamhs aren't a 'team', they played well on Saturday, albeit St Pauls were not great but Lamhs could have beat Naomh Gall a few times and I doubt management would be looking at this game and thinking its a given
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog67

Now now MR2, don't be putting words in my mouth. It was never mentioned that LD aren't a team or that St Galls thought this game was "a given". It will be a tight game and I believe St Galls experience and togetherness will get them over the line.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 09:26:31 AM
I wouldn't imagine anyone from Naomh Gall thinking that Lamhs aren't a 'team', they played well on Saturday, albeit St Pauls were not great but Lamhs could have beat Naomh Gall a few times and I doubt management would be looking at this game and thinking its a given

Loughshore Green

StGalls, Creggan or LD could all make the final - I dont think there is much between them. All three have a few quality forwards in niblock, pollock, smalls,ruari mccann, murrays but weaker defences. Saying that i think St Galls have the stronger defence so will come through.

Cargin and StJohns should progress unscathed and expect a very close game come the semi final.

StJohns have improved dramatically this year and I think they will become the team to beat in the next few years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog67 on August 21, 2017, 09:50:01 AM
Now now MR2, don't be putting words in my mouth. It was never mentioned that LD aren't a team or that St Galls thought this game was "a given". It will be a tight game and I believe St Galls experience and togetherness will get them over the line.

In fairness you did say St Galls are in transition and a lot of lads making their first championship starts then said that they have experience? Lamhs would have a more settled team based on that assumption.... If Lamhs come out and play football and go at us then it will be nip and tuck, if they sit back and play defensively then we should win.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog67

Andy McClean, Sean Burke, Colin Brady, Micky Pollock, Kevin Niblock, Terry O'Neill - not to mention the players on from the bench. Still more than enough experience there. I agree though, if LD play defensively they are asking for trouble but I think they will fancy their chances in an attacking shootout. A few red cards been shown in these games in the past few years, it'll make for an interesting spectacle.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
Quote from: saffronog67 on August 21, 2017, 09:50:01 AM

In fairness you did say St Galls are in transition and a lot of lads making their first championship starts then said that they have experience? Lamhs would have a more settled team based on that assumption.... If Lamhs come out and play football and go at us then it will be nip and tuck, if they sit back and play defensively then we should win.....

saffronog67

Don't be surprised if Glenavy give St Johns a close game or even go a step further. Aldergrove created a bucket load of goal chances and they were missing some key players. Glenavy are on the crest of a wave after their league victory.

Quote from: Loughshore Green on August 21, 2017, 09:59:44 AM

StGalls, Creggan or LD could all make the final - I dont think there is much between them. All three have a few quality forwards in niblock, pollock, smalls,ruari mccann, murrays but weaker defences. Saying that i think St Galls have the stronger defence so will come through.

Cargin and StJohns should progress unscathed and expect a very close game come the semi final.

StJohns have improved dramatically this year and I think they will become the team to beat in the next few years.

Hectic

Quote from: saffronog67 on August 21, 2017, 12:03:25 PM
Don't be surprised if Glenavy give St Johns a close game or even go a step further. Aldergrove created a bucket load of goal chances and they were missing some key players. Glenavy are on the crest of a wave after their league victory.

Quote from: Loughshore Green on August 21, 2017, 09:59:44 AM

I would be surprised.

Christmas Lights

I think its safe to say that the Kings, St Galls, are dead at senior championship football, scrapping past Port-glen-one.  Long live the kings

Cargin will win the SFC at a canter this year but there is a team emerging behind him. 

In Lion King terms

-St Galls are Mufasa, long live the kings
-Cargin are currently Scar, have 2 wins under there belt with another on the way but they will be overthrown
-Aghagallon are Simba and they are coming in couple of years to rule the Antrim SFC
-St Johns and Lámh Dhearg are Timon and Pumbaa respectively

The rest are just buffalo and zebras.

breakingball

Christmas lights think you've been watching too much Disney channel. Creggan don't even get a look in?

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2017, 06:42:52 PM
Aghagallon?

No disrespect of course.

Yeah Aghagallon. A few good minors and Un21s there. A system of play which suits all players and has been worked on over a few season.

imtommygunn

As did gort namona. Long way to go with the seniors. If they want to be challenging for senior they should be beating st teresas by as much as st johns were beating aldergrove.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: breakingball on August 21, 2017, 06:09:28 PM
Christmas lights think you've been watching too much Disney channel. Creggan don't even get a look in?

Shocking the amount of Disney channel in this house.
OK, Creggan can be Nala (that's Simba's future wife)

Clover

So Fitzy is the only name in on the dead line the man never took a penny and raised a lot of money last year on his own and our county board appoint a 3 man panel and that slabber Delargy to beg people to take the job and pay them stay classy lads

themac_23

Quote from: Clover on August 22, 2017, 08:36:08 AM
So Fitzy is the only name in on the dead line the man never took a penny and raised a lot of money last year on his own and our county board appoint a 3 man panel and that slabber Delargy to beg people to take the job and pay them stay classy lads

So just keep going the way have been last few years because the guy is a great fella? no disrespect but i don't really care how much he gets paid or what he raises, as a supporter thats not what interests me, what interests me is results on the pitch and unfortunately i dont think Fitzys have been good enough. Lets show a bit of ambition and push the boat out, harsh as it may sound, thats what we need to do.

saffronog67

Fitzy is not good enough to take our seniors, good move from the county board setting up a panel to try and lure some new talent in at the top level. Buchy is doing some good work at underage and there is some good investment there too, we need to mirror that at the top level.

Quote from: themac_23 on August 22, 2017, 08:48:30 AM
Quote from: Clover on August 22, 2017, 08:36:08 AM

So just keep going the way have been last few years because the guy is a great fella? no disrespect but i don't really care how much he gets paid or what he raises, as a supporter thats not what interests me, what interests me is results on the pitch and unfortunately i dont think Fitzys have been good enough. Lets show a bit of ambition and push the boat out, harsh as it may sound, thats what we need to do.