The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Pre season friendly or not,it's always good to bate those cnuts.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 29, 2018, 12:01:07 AM
Always.

under the bar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 29, 2018, 12:04:15 AM
Always.
You enjoy.   Liverpool rarely beat United and never when it matters... ;D

J70

Quote from: under the bar on July 29, 2018, 01:03:04 AM
Always.

Had the scoreline been reversed, gobshites like you would on here crowing away, meaningless pre-season game or not.

It must be disturbing to people like yourself though that Jose refuses to let his team come out and play with a bit of ambition and freedom even in a nothing match like that (with even an easy out in that Liverpool used a stronger line-up)?

Tony Baloney

Always.
There is a rock in Tyrone without it's creature under it.

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 29, 2018, 01:34:03 AM
Always.
There is a rock in Tyrone without it's creature under it.

And a child up past his bedtime

heganboy

You win nothing in pre season, but they are a lot of fun to watch.
Lovren's performance this year will make or break that team. Joe Gomez is still too young to play full time alongside VVD, but elsewhere there's a strength that I haven't seen in a long time and fun, that's a good team to watch.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Well done, that's put Liverpool into clear second favourites for the league, 4/1 which I think is a bit short, 6/1 is a better price..

Utd look flat and boring.. Jose out by Xmas
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2018, 09:54:03 AM
Well done, that's put Liverpool into clear second favourites for the league, 4/1 which I think is a bit short, 6/1 is a better price..

Obviously no comparison between who United will start with in a Couple of weeks but decent performances by Liverpool. I watched the two post match press conferences and the difference in man management is stark.  Klopp was gushing in his praise for his young lads while Jose essentially threw his players under the (parked) bus. Basically said Sanchez is unhappy because the players available aren't good enough. Can't see how that helps these players develop.

Read in a report as well that Liverpool's average age was younger than United which surprised me

Milltown Row2

It doesn't matter, playing a rival demands effort, on the highlights I seen, that wasn't there, the PL you have to hit the ground running, Utd seem at least a month behind with their prep
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

The result is meaningless from the overall plan but the thing is our team was also missing half of the regulars. As a consequence we have a much more balanced squad and can maintain the level a bit better. The 18-20 that you'd hope will be main stays are of a higher level than they have been for years, subject to injury of course. If there's 1 more forward signing it's a serious squad, Fekir or Pulisic. May not happen but the way things seem to be developing within the club the decision makers are happy to wait for the 'right' player and pay big where necessary rather than get 2-3 squad fillers. An organic building of a squad

Minus15

Quote from: TabClear on July 29, 2018, 11:38:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2018, 09:54:03 AM

Obviously no comparison between who United will start with in a Couple of weeks but decent performances by Liverpool. I watched the two post match press conferences and the difference in man management is stark.  Klopp was gushing in his praise for his young lads while Jose essentially threw his players under the (parked) bus. Basically said Sanchez is unhappy because the players available aren't good enough. Can't see how that helps these players develop.

Read in a report as well that Liverpool's average age was younger than United which surprised me

I read all of the above in the same report.

supersub

Quote from: heganboy on July 29, 2018, 05:14:03 AM
You win nothing in pre season, but they are a lot of fun to watch.
Lovren's performance this year will make or break that team. Joe Gomez is still too young to play full time alongside VVD, but elsewhere there's a strength that I haven't seen in a long time and fun, that's a good team to watch.

No such thing as too young I'm afraid. If you're good enough you're old enough. Mbappe is 19...

Gomez could play alongside VVD easily, it's the only way he will learn too.

heganboy

For a centre back I disagree.
He will learn as get goes for the first few games, but much like TAA will drop a few clangers over the next couple of seasons as the experience grows. 
Midfielders and strikers don't have the same requirement for maturity, someone is covering their backs...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity