Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 16, 2017, 09:16:06 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on July 16, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Depending on draw Qf Monaghan, Sf Dublin, Final Kerry

Is the QF to be one from Kildare, Down, Armagh or Monaghan. Then if we win then Dublin in SF assuming they win their QF against one of the above 4 teams also

Am I correct?

Can't be Down if they win. If Kildare make it to the QF it will have to be them as they can't draw Dublin.

sam03/05

Back to back Ulster titles not many of the mouths on slabbering looking Harte out tonight!
Those same mouths will be first in line for tickets for Ulster Finals and at Croker!

tothetop03

Another Ulster Under the belts great times... All Ireland semi final is a reality...The Craic is only startin.... Wont take Kildare/Armagh lightly but should be ok... If kildare can score 1-1-17 v Dublin so can we.....

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone V Kildare/Armagh Saturday 5th August

Likely be a double header with Dublin v Monaghan/Down
Living the dream!!!

Fuzzman

15 Ulster titles now, one in front of Armagh and one behind Monaghan.
Usually we say it's very tough to put back to back Ulster titles but this year we've really done it at a canter and for many it's hard to judge where we are at.
On the face of it we seem to have a lot more in attack this year with the spread of scores much better distributed around the whole team and subs.
Our squad is very strong with us being able to leave players like Justy, two Brennans, McClure, McCurry and others on the sub bench ready to come in yet still have the luxury of playing Mattie as a corner forward/free agent around the middle.

I think the county board were right to take their time and see how things panned out as it's not so long ago that we were 2nd or 3rd best in Ulster but most of the so called experts seem to have us in the top 3 (maybe 4) in the country at the moment and for me definite progress has been made.

I think the last time we beat Kildare in the quarterfinals, we then lost to Cork in the semi back in 2009.
We need to be careful not to focus on Dublin and concentrate on a good Kildare outfit that will not be scared of us.

WT4E

IS it definitely Armagh or Kildare?

If Armagh where to beat Kildare and Monaghan beat Down would it not be open draw?

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on July 17, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

If Armagh where to beat Kildare and Monaghan beat Down would it not be open draw?

Yeah if Armagh and Monaghan were to win it would be an open draw. Kildare are missing their captain and midfielder so don't think its a foregone conclusion they will beat Armagh. Tyrone-Armagh in Croker will be like the good oul days.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2017, 11:52:16 AM

Yeah if Armagh and Monaghan were to win it would be an open draw. Kildare are missing their captain and midfielder so don't think its a foregone conclusion they will beat Armagh. Tyrone-Armagh in Croker will be like the good oul days.

No I don't think its an open draw.  That is the draw regardless of the winners.  Tyrone will play either Armagh or Kildare
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 17, 2017, 12:11:41 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2017, 11:52:16 AM

No I don't think its an open draw.  That is the draw regardless of the winners.  Tyrone will play either Armagh or Kildare

Ah right maybe you are right then. I thought people were thinking it was like that because Tyrone can't play Down and Dublin can't play Kildare again in the quarters but maybe its pre planned like you say.

Taylor

Amazingly we could be in an AI semi final without really being tested (especially if Armagh win - we would destroy them in CP).

The break will do us no harm - get the batteries recharged and go again.

Dont see any need to change the 15 that started yesterday - great competition for places.

Thought McClure & Collie were excellent yesterday

square_ball

Quote from: Taylor on July 17, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Amazingly we could be in an AI semi final without really being tested (especially if Armagh win - we would destroy them in CP).

Dont see any need to change the 15 that started yesterday - great competition for places.

I'd definitely have McClure starting think he has done enough to get a start now at this stage. Other than that I think the team more or less picks itself at this stage. I do think Cavanagh would be better as an impact sub at this stage of his career but there is no doubting he will be starting in Croke Park. Was he given the curly finger yesterday or taken off to be 'rested'?

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2017, 12:37:01 PM

I'd definitely have McClure starting think he has done enough to get a start now at this stage. Other than that I think the team more or less picks itself at this stage. I do think Cavanagh would be better as an impact sub at this stage of his career but there is no doubting he will be starting in Croke Park. Was he given the curly finger yesterday or taken off to be 'rested'?

I didnt notice it at the time but watching it back last night he seemed to give MH a death stare on the way off.

He has played worse and stayed on in the past so good to see him being given the 'curly finger'

Tyrone Gaa

Agree when McClure came on he lifted the side.  Competition for places is brilliant and there are so many options that we can bring on to make an impact.  McGeary be could under pressure to hold his place.  He didn't last long vs Derry and had an early shower vs Down.
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Taylor on July 17, 2017, 12:39:35 PM

I didnt notice it at the time but watching it back last night he seemed to give MH a death stare on the way off.

He has played worse and stayed on in the past so good to see him being given the 'curly finger'

Mickey may think this is the first time big Sean could be done with out??

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on July 17, 2017, 12:43:48 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 17, 2017, 12:39:35 PM

Mickey may think this is the first time big Sean could be done with out??

Cant see Sean not starting, he is probably still the 1st name on the team sheet and especially moving into Croke Park where he usually finds another gear. 

Interestingly he invited Colm to jointly lift the Anglo Celt yesterday, is he suggesting Colm as a future/next Tyrone Captain?  Is Mattie still VC?
Living the dream!!!