Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 05, 2018, 01:57:44 PM
Bitof an issue with a ford galaxy (2008). The bonnet release cable has snapped, somewhere close to the bonnet as the cable can be pulled back freely from where the release  lever is at inside the car.

Anyone know how to get the bonnet open?
A nail bar and strong arms.

GJL

snoopdog

Have a 2003 volvo s80 . I need to add coolant every few months, if it gets too low i get  a warning to fill it up. I am looking to use it for a 3 hour drive next week. Should i be worried about it. I have the car 3 yrs. And there was a bottle of coolant in boot when i got it so looks like a problem for a long time.  No visible sign of a leak either. And head gasket isnt gone. My mechanic couldnt see any visible reason

Solo_run

Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

Have just bought a Citroen C4 and there is a constant noise in the car when idle, it is like when you get the buzzing noise when you use your windscreen washer pump but it is constant.

Then there is another noise that is like a tap which occurs every second.

Does anyone know what these noises could be?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Solo_run on July 16, 2018, 12:42:28 PM
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

Have just bought a Citroen C4 and there is a constant noise in the car when idle, it is like when you get the buzzing noise when you use your windscreen washer pump but it is constant.

Is it a diesel? If so then it could be an injector.

Solo_run

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 16, 2018, 02:09:30 PM
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

GJL

Quote from: Solo_run on July 16, 2018, 02:47:33 PM
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

What area of the car is it coming from? Maybe a noisy fuel pump..

Solo_run

Quote from: GJL on July 16, 2018, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on July 16, 2018, 02:47:33 PM
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

What area of the car is it coming from? Maybe a noisy fuel pump..

I haven't checked the engine bay yet, can hear the noise from inside the car. Will try and record the noise later

It is an 09 plate and the car has only done 29k

trueblue1234

Anyone up on car audio systems? I have a Audi A5 that I recently bought but the radio fades out every couple of seconds. There was a new Audio system put in and I'm assuming they've wired something up wrong. The media player plays fine and when the traffic update cuts in it plays fine, but when you go into the radio normally it just fades out every 2-3 seconds and then comes back. I'm assuming it can't be a signal issue as the traffic broadcasts are always OK so was wondering if anyone else might have an idea of what might be interrupting the signal?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 16, 2018, 04:16:14 PM
Anyone up on car audio systems? I have a Audi A5 that I recently bought but the radio fades out every couple of seconds. There was a new Audio system put in and I'm assuming they've wired something up wrong. The media player plays fine and when the traffic update cuts in it plays fine, but when you go into the radio normally it just fades out every 2-3 seconds and then comes back. I'm assuming it can't be a signal issue as the traffic broadcasts are always OK so was wondering if anyone else might have an idea of what might be interrupting the signal?

Bump

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trueblue1234

Denn Forever

Was it a straight replacement with an Audi head unit from a similar Audi?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trueblue1234

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 19, 2018, 02:07:34 PM
Was it a straight replacement with an Audi head unit from a similar Audi?

Don't know. It was done before I got the car. How would I find out?

lurganblue

Ongoing issue with my car (A4) at the minute.  When I open the doors with the central locking key button, about 50% of the time one of the passenger doors seems to remain locked.  I can open it from the inside and it will then continue to work properly (ie i can open it from the outside again). All the other doors open as normal and are not affected.

The other 50% of the time i hit the button and it works no problem.

Any advice? Is it an easy fix? It's a bit frustrating as the kids would regularly use both doors.