Connacht Gaa Centre

Started by rodney trotter, December 07, 2012, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianboru00

I'd question whether you have any experience as your figures are plucked from the cloud.
Blitzes do not attract  the numbers of parents you suggest. As regards your question p yes actually I do know what I m talking about.
It IS NOT standard practice for school to visit 4-5 places on tours . You evidently have no clue as to the reality of the situation in primary & secondary schools.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: brianboru00 on December 14, 2012, 02:57:46 AM
I'd question whether you have any experience as your figures are plucked from the cloud.
Blitzes do not attract  the numbers of parents you suggest. As regards your question p yes actually I do know what I m talking about.
It IS NOT standard practice for school to visit 4-5 places on tours . You evidently have no clue as to the reality of the situation in primary & secondary schools.

Look, I've enjoyed the craic but this has gone on long enough.
I can sniff out a troll the length of a prunty pitch away and I've really better things to do. (Not a lot better admittedly but still a damn sight more beneficial to humanity at large that trying to have a discussion with you.)
I don't use sarcasm as a vehicle for expressing my opinions and if I were to do so, I'd try and get my facts right first.
If you want a  flame war, consider yourself the winner by a knockout. I won't get involved because you'd wipe the floor with me. Your greater experience wold see to that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sans pessimism

QuoteLook, I've enjoyed the craic but this has gone on long enough.
Amen to that
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rodney trotter

Connacht Gaa Centre coming to use for a Ros player http://t.co/ndNRV0Gq0e

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 14, 2013, 11:15:08 AM
Connacht Gaa Centre coming to use for a Ros player http://t.co/ndNRV0Gq0e

Cregger is going to do a whole lot of good work for the province and it's great to see Connacht GAA recognising what it has within its fold before they fly the coop to another sport. For him personally it's a great spot given he's only from up the road, like he said in the article he'd assumed he'd have to move far away from home to find a job in his field.

A number our county lads have studied/are studying sports science as well as players from other local counties, hopefully more can find roles that benefit themselves and the sport they love because there's alot of work that can still be done in teaching players at all levels best practices when it comes to training and recovering from injury (or preventing it altogether).

Syferus

I paid my first proper visit to the Bekan factory on Friday and even though it is in the main a wonderful development one thing is doing my head in - at least two of the pitches aren't level!

One pitch - the one directly facing the left hand side of the building itself as you enter, the one with full, heavy duty flood lights, is quite literally playing up a hill for the team facing the centre, such is the slope. We played Galway CW there in the Ted Web and Galway raced into a 0-06 to 0-00 lead in the first half playing downhill (it was 7-2 at half-time) and we proceeded to destroy them in the second half, winning the match 1-09 to 0-09. The pitch we played Mayo EW on afterwards was much more gently sloped but it was still noticeably uneven.

The result of the first game wasn't all to do with the hill by any means but it's incredible that Prenty and company spent €10m on a facility and didn't bother to make sure the pitches were level. A simple €2 level would have highlighted the problem if their eyesight was failing them.

For a state-of-the-art facility to suffer from such an amateurish error is galling.