The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Can't see Ake moving to a big club as back-up. He already left Chelsea for that reason. Good player though - very quick, good tackler, decent on the ball. A wee bit short, but don't think that would matter too much at a club like Liverpool where you're not usually going to be stood in your area heading the ball away.

trueblue1234

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 01, 2020, 01:41:59 PM
There won't be many big purchases I'd say for clubs. Klopp will look to develop the likes of Williams, Larouci and Hooever in particular as defensive back ups. Maybe buy in a mid level centre back to replace Lovern, if the money was right for Nathan Aki I'd look at him. Minamino and Keita hopefully will kick on. You never know with Shaqiri but he may look to go for 1st team football. Can see the likes of Curtis, Elliott and Brewster getting game time in cups and more game time in the league. Would certainly be trying to bring one of the young lads into each league game till the season end. With the AFCON cup gone then there is less concerns.

I don't think either will make it. Shaq had his moments but always felt he plugged a gap more than anything and threatened to do so much but never did it consistently enough. Which is a pity. Think he would be good for a mid table club as one of their main attacks.
Minamino, just haven't seen enough of him and was really hoping we had gotten a bargain.  Maybe he'll come good but I have my doubts. I know he's only had a few months so hope he can kick on and Klopp cn develop him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2020, 01:47:46 PM
Can't see Ake moving to a big club as back-up. He already left Chelsea for that reason. Good player though - very quick, good tackler, decent on the ball. A wee bit short, but don't think that would matter too much at a club like Liverpool where you're not usually going to be stood in your area heading the ball away.

Understand that but if Bournemouth go down then his choices may be forced.

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 01, 2020, 01:53:51 PM
There won't be many big purchases I'd say for clubs. Klopp will look to develop the likes of Williams, Larouci and Hooever in particular as defensive back ups. Maybe buy in a mid level centre back to replace Lovern, if the money was right for Nathan Aki I'd look at him. Minamino and Keita hopefully will kick on. You never know with Shaqiri but he may look to go for 1st team football. Can see the likes of Curtis, Elliott and Brewster getting game time in cups and more game time in the league. Would certainly be trying to bring one of the young lads into each league game till the season end. With the AFCON cup gone then there is less concerns.

I don't think either will make it. Shaq had his moments but always felt he plugged a gap more than anything and threatened to do so much but never did it consistently enough. Which is a pity. Think he would be good for a mid table club as one of their main attacks.
Minamino, just haven't seen enough of him and was really hoping we had gotten a bargain.  Maybe he'll come good but I have my doubts. I know he's only had a few months so hope he can kick on and Klopp cn develop him.

Bear in mind it took Robertson and Fabinho six months to break through after joining as Klopp worked on them. Minamino does look like he needs to bulk up a little, but I think it's way too early to write him off, especially as he has barely had a look in so far.

trueblue1234

Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2020, 02:48:15 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 01, 2020, 01:53:51 PM

Bear in mind it took Robertson and Fabinho six months to break through after joining as Klopp worked on them. Minamino does look like he needs to bulk up a little, but I think it's way too early to write him off, especially as he has barely had a look in so far.

Yeah I hope I'm wrong. I just don't have a great feeling about him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Capt Pat

According to Jurgen Klopp Liverpool aren't going to be involved in any major signings this summer. I hope that doesn't mean they won't go after a backup goalie. I mean the position may have cost us 2 champions leagues in the last three seasons. We need a capable backup to Allison who gets injured from time to time. I don't know if Kelleher would be good enough but I don't think we can afford to go forward with Adrian or Karius as backup at the most important position.

TabClear

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 02, 2020, 12:32:35 AM
According to Jurgen Klopp Liverpool aren't going to be involved in any major signings this summer. I hope that doesn't mean they won't go after a backup goalie. I mean the position may have cost us 2 champions leagues in the last three seasons. We need a capable backup to Allison who gets injured from time to time. I don't know if Kelleher would be good enough but I don't think we can afford to go forward with Adrian or Karius as backup at the most important position.

I think thats harsh on Adrian. People forget he was more than capable for the first three months of the season when Allisson got injured. Yes he had a nightmare in probably the worst possible game against Athletico but these things happen. If his opposite number had not been inspired that day it would all be forgotten about by now because Liverpool would have won by a couple of goals at least.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

City doing to Liverpool what Liverpool did to them at Anfield - destroying them on the break.

Liverpool haven't been that bad overall, but I doubt if they're coming back from 3 down.

laoislad

Bit unlucky to be 3 down!
Missed some great chances before they got that soft penalty.
Robertson having a mare as is Gomez.
Martin Tyler would sicken your hole, apparently City are laying down a marker for next season...as if this game will have any bearing on next season or the next time they play each other. ::)

J70

quit yo jibbajabba

Said 6 0 last week when i saw the videos of them on the rip. But i was only joking.....

Ah sometimes ye just have to take yer medicine and move on

4 3 Pool

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 02, 2020, 09:12:19 PM
Said 6 0 last week when i saw the videos of them on the rip. But i was only joking.....

Ah sometimes ye just have to take yer medicine and move on

4 3 Pool
Actually wouldn't really be bothered about losing,  Sterling scoring though is sickening!!