Clann na nGael v Saint Brigids  beo
4-00pm

Imokilly v Midleton   iarbheo

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2018, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: drici on September 30, 2018, 05:39:06 PM
Ballybay Pearse Brothers v Scotstown  beo
3-30pm
it's hard to credit  that  I'll be able to watch this encounter live from very distant parts. I was on the phone to my brother last year as the semi final between these two clubs went into the third minute of added on time  with Ballybay 8 points ahead. I intended  to make preparations to get to the final, which would have been a foregone conclusion against (the thugs of) Magheracloone. As soon as he answered the phone , Scotstown scored a goal, then another goal followed 2 points and the game was drawn at the death.  In the replay, Rory Beggan saved two penalties and Scotstown went on to the final. This year Scotstown beat Ballybay  by a point in the championship with the last kick of the game. Nevertheless, undaunted I feel the omens are with Ballybay Pearse Bros.
For Ballybay, Paul Finlay, retired from the county set up, rules the midfield and still oozes class and vintage, other notables are the Wylie clann - 3 of them, there's one from the latest generations of Kerrs,  Dessie Ward and  Chris McGuinness.  Scotstown have that Beggan cxnt in goals, the Hughes bros and Conor McCarthy.

Not a great game. Ballybay not clinical enough. Scotstown always seemed to have enough. Not sure if they will threaten many in Ulster.

Main Street

Quote from: trailer on October 07, 2018, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2018, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: drici on September 30, 2018, 05:39:06 PM
Ballybay Pearse Brothers v Scotstown  beo
3-30pm
it's hard to credit  that  I'll be able to watch this encounter live from very distant parts. I was on the phone to my brother last year as the semi final between these two clubs went into the third minute of added on time  with Ballybay 8 points ahead. I intended  to make preparations to get to the final, which would have been a foregone conclusion against (the thugs of) Magheracloone. As soon as he answered the phone , Scotstown scored a goal, then another goal followed 2 points and the game was drawn at the death.  In the replay, Rory Beggan saved two penalties and Scotstown went on to the final. This year Scotstown beat Ballybay  by a point in the championship with the last kick of the game. Nevertheless, undaunted I feel the omens are with Ballybay Pearse Bros.
For Ballybay, Paul Finlay, retired from the county set up, rules the midfield and still oozes class and vintage, other notables are the Wylie clann - 3 of them, there's one from the latest generations of Kerrs,  Dessie Ward and  Chris McGuinness.  Scotstown have that Beggan cxnt in goals, the Hughes bros and Conor McCarthy.

Not a great game. Ballybay not clinical enough. Scotstown always seemed to have enough. Not sure if they will threaten many in Ulster.
On the contrary most counties would be proud to have a county final of that calibre, I thought it was a very good game a tenacious battle, given the occasion and the blustery wet  conditions. Ballybay missed their open goal chances  were well behid on the scoreboard at one stage but fought back well despite misisng chance after chance to close the gap. Scotstown were deserving winners but Ballybay gave it their all right to the end.

giveherlong

Dublin seem to be broadcasting all their championship games on YouTube for free
Suppose they have plenty of money so don't need to charge
Good service to be fair

Rossfan

Not a bad oul game in the Hyde.
Donie can still kick an oul free.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

High quality Roscommon final. Clann na nGael leading 1-9 to 1-7 at half time. Brigids the champions know they have a fight on their hands.

The Hill is Blue

Kilmacud v St. Jude's for Dublin final.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

drici

Naomh Conaill v Gaoth Dobhair  beo   WooHoo!
4-00pm

Ballyea v Cratloe   iarbheo

Duine Eile

ziggy90

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 14, 2018, 04:45:05 PM
High quality Roscommon final. Clann na nGael leading 1-9 to 1-7 at half time. Brigids the champions know they have a fight on their hands.
Really enjoyed that game. "Proper".
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

BennyCake

Gaoth Dobhair player shoved in the back. Could have ended up with whiplash or serious injury.

Think a red card for that is needed

drici

Dia Domhnaigh  28 - 10 - 2018
Bennettsbridge v Ballyhale Shamrocks  beo
3-00pm

Dia Luain  29 - 10 - 2018
Kilmacud Crokes v Saint Judes   beo
5-00pm

Christmas Lights

Gotta love TG4, excellent coverage of the club games

tippabu

Eirsport 1 has the limerick county final on saturday night too