Dublin 5/1
Kildare 5/1
Cork 6/1
Roscommon 7/1
Tyrone 8/1   
Donegal 12/1
Armagh 14/1
Monaghan 20/1

Monaghan the outsider even though they won Ulster minor 3 years ago, i think that suggests the overall quality of this years U-21 All Ireland championship.

Kerry should have a very good side but don't seem to be firing having struggled to beat Tipp and Limerick in their 2 outings to date. I don't see how they are favourites to win the whole thing.

Jacko.
And back to back county minor All Irelands and Hogan cups might have something to do with it also.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 21, 2016, 01:45:33 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2016, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 21, 2016, 12:36:04 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 20, 2016, 01:15:24 PM
Down to the last ten

Kerry 7/2   
Mayo 5/1
Dublin 5/1
Kildare 5/1
Cork 6/1
Roscommon 7/1
Tyrone 8/1   
Donegal 12/1
Armagh 14/1
Monaghan 20/1

Monaghan the outsider even though they won Ulster minor 3 years ago, i think that suggests the overall quality of this years U-21 All Ireland championship.

Kerry should have a very good side but don't seem to be firing having struggled to beat Tipp and Limerick in their 2 outings to date. I don't see how they are favourites to win the whole thing.

Jacko.
And back to back county minor All Irelands and Hogan cups might have something to do with it also.

Mainly Jacko.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on March 21, 2016, 09:57:46 AM
Managers need good players too.

If there is one thing Jacko is best at, I think it's identifying the right crop of players and timing his jobs right.

manfromdelmonte

When was the last time a decent manager took a bad bunch of players and turned them around and made them into champions? Or even contenders?
Apart from in the movies?

Managers always look a lot better when working with talent.

AZOffaly

Donegal would have been a dramatic upgrade I suppose.

Sionnach

Kerry have a long injury list and have been missing a lot of their best players.  Tipperary had a strong team this year, and Limerick were decent too.

If Kerry can get something close to their best team fit and on the field, they should be formidable. If the Munster final comes too soon for that, they may be in trouble against Cork.

twohands!!!

Yup I had heard from connections in Kerry that they are missing a serious chunk of their best players with injury - something like 8 likely/possible starters. Jack isn't likely to receive any flack this year if they don't win it but next year he might be in a bit of bother. They might come good depending on how many come back but don't go near them in terms of betting.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 21, 2016, 10:37:44 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 21, 2016, 09:57:46 AM
Managers need good players too.

If there is one thing Jacko is best at, I think it's identifying the right crop of players and timing his jobs right.
Yes Jacko is very clever and he wouldnt have taken over the Kerry U21s if he didn't think they could win the AI within the next two years.

Syferus

I'd have more respect for a manager who takes over a team he doesn't selfishly see as a good bet. You could win nothing as an underage manger but still do an excellent job. It's about the greater good. Jacko has a wild enough ego for a man who couldn't beat Tyrone.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2016, 03:48:20 PM
I'd have more respect for a manager who takes over a team he doesn't selfishly see as a good bet. You could win nothing as an underage manger but still do an excellent job. It's about the greater good. Jacko has a wild enough ego for a man who couldn't beat Tyrone.

I'd tend to agree with you. I'm just saying that Jack tends to time these things well. I don't think he'd be one for the Micko roadshow.

Rossfan

I doubt if he knows of your existence Syfín never mind looking for your respect ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 21, 2016, 05:19:18 PM
I doubt if he knows of your existence Syfín never mind looking for your respect ;D

I'd be happy if I didn't know about his existence. Paudi might not have been as good a manager but he was far easier to like.

skeog

Captain Obvious

Quote from: skeog on March 21, 2016, 08:06:26 PM
tyrone at eights seem good odds
Tyrones record at underage in the All Ireland series the last 20 years is as good as any of the remaining teams if not better. If Tyrone win Ulster they will be the team to beat in my opinion.