NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: oliverkelly on March 31, 2022, 02:04:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 31, 2022, 01:14:11 PM
Roscommon have won 3 division 2 titles in the last 6 years. Any Roscommon supporter including myself couldn't give a toss about them. A connacht football title & possibly an All Ireland semi final appearance is where its at. The league finals should be abandoned at Div 2,3,4 level.

Lenny you talking about laughing at Roscommon supporters, we are the ones doing the laughing after your team of dirty hoors ended up staying in division 2, while 2 decent sides went up. But but but I saw 5 minutes of bookface on the internet  ;D ;D ;D Ask one of the 50 Derry supporters how their team behaved for the full 80 minutes. Says all you need to know about Derry, with 50 supporters travelling away to a big game, if the fixture was reversed between 2 - 2.5 k Roscommon supporters would have travelled to Owenbeg.

Yeah one of the worst supported teams in the country.

On the game this weekend couldn't care less about the result the main aim was to get promoted. As said above nearly all our squad have multiple D2 medals
Probably the fact that you've won it a few times recently would take the shine off it in fairness, but Armagh lads definitely would love a medal (minds gone blank but as far as I remember we didnt get to play a final in 2020 due to covid).

I'm sure most counties in that scenario would love the chance to play in croke park for a medal. Didnt Leitrim take most of the county to Croker a few years back?

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2022, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on March 31, 2022, 02:04:18 PM
Roscommon have won 3 division 2 titles in the last 6 years. Any Roscommon supporter including myself couldn't give a toss about them. A connacht football title & possibly an All Ireland semi final appearance is where its at. The league finals should be abandoned at Div 2,3,4 level.

Lenny you talking about laughing at Roscommon supporters, we are the ones doing the laughing after your team of dirty hoors ended up staying in division 2, while 2 decent sides went up. But but but I saw 5 minutes of bookface on the internet  ;D ;D ;D Ask one of the 50 Derry supporters how their team behaved for the full 80 minutes. Says all you need to know about Derry, with 50 supporters travelling away to a big game, if the fixture was reversed between 2 - 2.5 k Roscommon supporters would have travelled to Owenbeg.

Yeah one of the worst supported teams in the country.

On the game this weekend couldn't care less about the result the main aim was to get promoted. As said above nearly all our squad have multiple D2 medals
Probably the fact that you've won it a few times recently would take the shine off it in fairness, but Armagh lads definitely would love a medal (minds gone blank but as far as I remember we didnt get to play a final in 2020 due to covid).

I'm sure most counties in that scenario would love the chance to play in croke park for a medal. Didnt Leitrim take most of the county to Croker a few years back?

I guess with any sports team, its all about relative standing and expectations.

If you expect to be seriously competing for a provincial title or even beyond, a Division 2 title is fairly meaningless as your team is already above that standard.

Dublin get zero satisfaction from winning Leinster, whereas every other Leinster county would kill to able to win one now. We in Donegal wouldn't currently put much stake in winning a Division 2 title, but who knows where we'll be in ten years  (or even five when Murphy is gone and the likes of McBearty and McHugh following him). If you're on the way back, it could be a decent milestone. If its something you win repeatedly because you're too good for Division 2 but not quite good enough for Division 1, I'm sure it loses its lustre fairly quickly. (That's not a dig at anyone - we've been in three finals in the past decade or so)

JoG2

Rossfan

Quote from: lenny on March 31, 2022, 01:59:58 PM

. The point I was making is that in connacht roscommon have very little chance because Galway are likely to beat them and if not Mayo certainly will. Therefore if I was a roscommon player I'd be targetting this final as it's the best chance of actually winning something.
Last 6 Connacht Titles have seen Ros, Galway and Mayowestros win 2 each.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: lenny on March 31, 2022, 01:59:58 PM

Yeah, classy comments from a complete d***head. The point I was making is that in connacht roscommon have very little chance because Galway are likely to beat them and if not Mayo certainly will. Therefore if I was a roscommon player I'd be targetting this final as it's the best chance of actually winning something. If Derry had made the final I'd be disappointed if they weren't going flat out to win it as it's a similar scenario to roscommon in that they aren't likely to win their provincial at the moment.

Rossfan has pointed out the even distrubution of connacht tiltles between Mayo, Galway & Roscommon over the last 6 years. Clearly you don't know this, probably following the other Derry team in the Brandywell. Your lack of knowledge on basic gaa matters & the irony of calling me a dickhead not to mention the context of your use of the word "classy" in the post above. Then again classy & Derry are oxymoronic terms.
For a small county with large levels of migration to other counties, we box well above out weight. All ireland U20 appearance last year beating Galway & Mayo on the way, Connacht minor final appearance beating Galway & Mayo on the way. But a gobsh@te like you wouldn't know this, you just keep shouting your mucker mouth off.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on March 31, 2022, 02:44:51 PM
Roscommon supporters  :o

Few lettin themselves down a bagful alright. But heyho

oakleaflad

seafoid

Ros have been on the yoyo diet for a while. Cavan joined at the same time but went back on the crisps.

screenexile

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 31, 2022, 03:20:26 PM

Roscommon lads some craic talking about Derry's behaviour . . . their players didn't behave too well the last time they were in the maiden city!!!

Rossfan

Today's panel were aged between 1 and 5 back then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Quote from: screenexile on March 31, 2022, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 31, 2022, 03:20:26 PM

Roscommon lads some craic talking about Derry's behaviour . . . their players didn't behave too well the last time they were in the maiden city!!!
Did any Derry poster here attend the game in the Hyde?
A bunch of keyboard fans who don't attend games.

quit yo jibbajabba

Id be curious to know what thats got to do with my point Oliver

oliverkelly

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 31, 2022, 05:59:41 PM
Id be curious to know what thats got to do with my point Oliver
Loads anyone who attended the game in the Hyde would clearly know Derry were not hard done by the ref and had the ref been fair Roscommon would have won very comfortably. Also the behaviour of the Derry team was as scummy as I have witnessed in a long time. McKeigue been the worst.

quit yo jibbajabba

At this early stage im going to give up Oliver good luck with the reading for the future

Champion The Wonder Horse

I actually would agree that the Rossies (or Galway) shouldn't be putting too much store in the final. Promotion was the priority and with that achieved, albeit courtesy of a controversial home draw against a team that was in division 4 two years ago and a win against an already promoted Galway, there is little point in risking first choice players in the final. It would be a nice touch to give those who have got, or are likely to get, little game time this year a runout at Croke Park.

I'd say the two recent Connacht titles for Roscommon is a surprise to many, given Roscommon's anonymity at the business end of the season, but they are also an indicator that the big hitters treat Connacht titles in the same way Roscommon treat div 2 finals.