Davy Fitz speech

Started by caismirt, August 18, 2008, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

believebelive

Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2008, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: amallon on August 21, 2008, 10:01:54 AM
Its very interesting viewing but you got to wonder about the mentality of the player who recorded it.  Should he not have been thinking about the second half instead of videoing Davy.  I must say he has balls because if Fitz had seen him there would have been war.  The same guy has a second video up of a team talk from John Egan.

I'd say this lad was 15th sub and wasn't getting on unless everybody else on the sub bench were shot by a passing motorist ! He wasn't thinking about the 2nd half at all - why would he ?

Yeah, cos that is the right attitude.... why bother training if you're gonna be that juvenile in the dressing room. If he is 15th sub he should be bursting his balls to make 14th and so on and so on.
If Davy finds out who it is I doubt if he will ever be any sort of a sub on one of his teams again.

orangeman

Quote from: believebelive on August 21, 2008, 02:34:25 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2008, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: amallon on August 21, 2008, 10:01:54 AM
Its very interesting viewing but you got to wonder about the mentality of the player who recorded it.  Should he not have been thinking about the second half instead of videoing Davy.  I must say he has balls because if Fitz had seen him there would have been war.  The same guy has a second video up of a team talk from John Egan.

I'd say this lad was 15th sub and wasn't getting on unless everybody else on the sub bench were shot by a passing motorist ! He wasn't thinking about the 2nd half at all - why would he ?

Yeah, cos that is the right attitude.... why bother training if you're gonna be that juvenile in the dressing room. If he is 15th sub he should be bursting his balls to make 14th and so on and so on.
If Davy finds out who it is I doubt if he will ever be any sort of a sub on one of his teams again.

He was only there for the beer I'd say -

It was a childish thing to be at  -so 15th sub was about all he was eve going to be.

I'd say after Davy is finsihed with him, he'll not be fit for much hurling !  ;)

Did I see that Davy takes Waterford seniors, plays club hurling and trains a camogie team ????

amallon

I know I can't count the number of people in the dressing room but assumed that it was only the 15 he had in at half time as many managers do.  Thats why I concluded it was a player.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

D4S

Is there anywhere at all you can still see this? Could it perhaps have been the son of a maor uisce recorded it (im guessing it has been recorded by mobile phone i havent seen it)??? Often they bring sons along etc to club games etc and hang around the changing rooms...could this possibly happen in an AI semi final?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Mentalman

From what I remember of the clip I reckon it wasn't a player, and it was defo on a mobile phone. When they start to move about, assuming they are leaving the changing room for the second half, he moves into the corner - he must have been an observer of some sort. Also Davey doesn't speak in his/her direction at any point.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

orangeman

Quote from: Mentalman on August 21, 2008, 03:49:09 PM
From what I remember of the clip I reckon it wasn't a player, and it was defo on a mobile phone. When they start to move about, assuming they are leaving the changing room for the second half, he moves into the corner - he must have been an observer of some sort. Also Davey doesn't speak in his/her direction at any point.

Maybe Dany realised he was being filmed ?

agorm

It's back on Youtube, just do a search.

Treasurer

Don't see anything particularly startling or unusual about it.  No marks to the guy who filmed.

heineken_on_tap

I dont see anything unusual in it at all - go to any club dressing room and you will hear the same thing(if not worse). The person who made it though should be seriously ashamed of themselves.

AZOffaly

I've been in a hell of a lot worse dressing rooms than that. Yer man was a plank for filming it, but I didn't think Davy had anything to be embarrassed over.

We used to have a lad that roared and shouted, cursed and blinded non stop. Even when we were playing well. If anyone taped him, Davy would look like a school mistress beside him.

Mentalman

Definitely nothing to be ashamed, seen far worse. Seen far worse from players, these boys were fairly placid, I'm sure we've all been in dressing rooms where the players are bouncing off the walls, and the manager has to calm them down.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

didlyi

If I was to hazard a guess, A tipp fan put this on the net in the wake of last Sundays loss to Waterford. Davy was never liked there and has been the focus of abuse for years by tipp fans.

HOTD

Quote from: didlyi on August 23, 2008, 04:52:08 PM
If I was to hazard a guess, A tipp fan put this on the net in the wake of last Sundays loss to Waterford. Davy was never liked there and has been the focus of abuse for years by tipp fans.

Its still on utube

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ9tPNURw8w

Would go mad myself if someone did that to me but one must take into account the way Davy treats them in LIT.  The lads that make it might have some time for him but there are a lot of disgruntled hurlers too.  I got that video from the guy that filmed it but wouldn't dream of putting it on utube.  Don't think he would either.  Get the texts they send out before matches from another.  Something wrong when the panel do that and I can only assume it with the way Fitzgerald treats people.  Also get all the stories of what happens.  No other college have that problem and there is a fair amount of bollixing going on between the dressing rooms, games and the after match festivities.

orangeman

Quote from: HOTD on August 28, 2008, 02:23:01 PM
Quote from: didlyi on August 23, 2008, 04:52:08 PM

Its still on utube

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ9tPNURw8w

Would go mad myself if someone did that to me but one must take into account the way Davy treats them in LIT.  The lads that make it might have some time for him but there are a lot of disgruntled hurlers too.  I got that video from the guy that filmed it but wouldn't dream of putting it on utube.  Don't think he would either.  Get the texts they send out before matches from another.  Something wrong when the panel do that and I can only assume it with the way Fitzgerald treats people.  Also get all the stories of what happens.  No other college have that problem and there is a fair amount of bollixing going on between the dressing rooms, games and the after match festivities.

Care to elaborate ?