Excuses

Started by illdecide, June 16, 2010, 11:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Lads, i have been involved in management with both Senior and B/Reserve for my club team and as i sit here this morning I'm well pissed of with my mobile texting from players on the day of the match claiming they can't play tonight because....blah blah blah. I would love to tell them all to go and get stuffed but if the truth be told if i were to do that we would be stuck for a team.

give me some of the excuses you've heard as the some of the ones I've been give are just comical...

- Can't play tonight because I've a concert to go to today
- Can't play tonight because I've to bring my sister to the airport...WTF (get your ma or day to do it you tool bucket)
- Can't play tonight because I've just finished exams and we're all going out
- Can't play tonight because I'm going on holiday next week and i could get hurt...(you might get hurt if you don't play)

This is only the tip of the iceburg...don't even get me started about lads that don't come back after one match because they didn't start or because they we're taken off :'( :'( :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

going to play soccer
going over to see a soccer match in liverpool/manchester/glasgow
off on holidays
going to a friends stag do
going to a county championship match (in another county)
work do/BBQ is on that night

during football season, none of these excuses should be valid

Celt_Man

Excuses are like arseholes - everyone has got one...

No excuses should be tolerated full stop
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Catch the high ball

Quote from: illdecide on June 16, 2010, 11:18:43 AM
This is only the tip of the iceburg...don't even get me started about lads that don't come back after one match because they didn't start or because they we're taken off :'( :'( :'(

These are the boys that really sicken my hole. You'd think that if they didn't start or get on they would say to themselves " Maybe I'm not good enough". Therefore they should be trying even harder instead of throwing a fit and thinking their better than everyone else. Complete KNOBS in my opinion!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

bredaghgael86

I know its not an individual, and it didnt personally happen to my team.  But in our league a team filed to field because not all of them had helmets. (obviously its a hurling league). Its an excuse all the same.

saffron sam2

Lads, i have been involved in management with both Senior and B/Reserve for my club team and as i sit here this morning I'm well pissed of with my mobile texting from players on the day of the match claiming they can't play tonight because....blah blah blah. I would love to tell them all to go and get stuffed but if the truth be told if i were to do that we would be stuck for a team.

give me some of the excuses you've heard as the some of the ones I've been give are just comical...

- Can't play tonight because I've to bring my sister to the airport...WTF (get your ma or day to do it you tool bucket)
- Can't play tonight because I'm going on holiday next week and i could get hurt...(you might get hurt if you don't play)

- Can't play tonight because I'm learning how to spell iceberg.
- Can't play tonight because I'm going to apostrophe master classes.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

brokencrossbar1

-can't play today as the "auld Doll" says she'll plit up from me if I go(that lad was 18)
-can't play today as I am making sandwiches for the 21st party tonight
-can't play today as I have to help build a mooring point for a boat

All genuine and all in the last 6 months!  Junior footballers you have to love them!

illdecide

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 16, 2010, 12:19:31 PM

- Can't play tonight because I'm learning how to spell iceberg.
- Can't play tonight because I'm going to apostrophe master classes.

very good Sammy saan ::)

ONeill

Depends where you're from.

DERRY:
Can't play tonight cos the sister's in heat.

ANTRIM
Can't play tonight cos my dealer says he'll break me knees/50% off shellsuits in Asda.

ARMAGH:
Can't play tonight cos the apples won't pick themselves/pished myself.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Canalman

At least most lads will give an excuse. The worst are the fellas who switch off the phone on the Sunday Morning and "noshow".
No time also for the lads who ring 15mins before the meeting time to say "they have to work late".

Onion Bag

Tyrone:

Cant play tonight cause i have to Tip all these Ewes for my da
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

I just texted the player back who said he'd to go to a concert today and told him to wise up and that i will be short of player tonight, he texted me back and said "Well i can't play anyway as I've hurt the muscles in my neck". WTF...thats the last contact he'll get from me.

I remembered one from the senior team a few years ago, this lad didn't turn up for training and the following session the manager asked him why did you not turn up for training on the Tuesday night and he said "when i get home from work every night i go for an hours sleep and then my Ma wakes me up but on Tuesday evening she forgot to waken me so i slept in" (deadly serious too) he went on to say "i gave me Ma a qer bollicking for not wakening me" the changing rooms just erupted into laughter

Onion Bag

another one i heard was

cant train tonight cause its valentines night
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

goal and a point

Couple years ago heard about an u14 who could not go to a match as he was on bebo. - needless to say he does not play anymore

Rois

I had to give an excuse a couple of years ago that I couldn't come to training because I was knocking the doors of houses on my sister's street looking for an escaped rabbit.  I swear to god it was genuine, the kids were in bits. (never found the rabbit) 

To this day the coach still doesn't believe me.