Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Too many of the Tipp players seem to be carrying too much muscle or puppy fat and are too eager to bounce in lads
Just my observation
Its all about speed and high intensity now, avoiding the tackles which wear you out e.g. the two side steps for the Clare goal. You couldn't see Tipp having the footwork to open up that defence

Horse Box

Some handy Footballers on that Tipp Panel , wonder if Kearns would consider calling them up to the Football Squad ? Seamus Kennedy would be a starter any day if he joined up !

seafoid

Quote from: shark on June 10, 2018, 10:41:43 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2018, 10:06:26 PM
Clare's handling was awful at times and some wayward shooting. To be fair to o'donnell he did some work even for not really threatening the scoreboard.

That duggan point at the end was phenomenal.

Hard to know what went so wrong for tipp.

They score that goal instead of hitting the post and they win by 6-8 points. Tiniest of margins. I do think their work rate dropped though. It was savage in the first 25 mins but not thereafter. So many of Clare's players played poorly. Amazing they won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUnS5QmFOw
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:27:27 PM
Clare's handling was awful at times and some wayward shooting. To be fair to o'donnell he did some work even for not really threatening the scoreboard.

They were 8 points up at one stage but let Clare back into the game.

Tipp always go missing for a period in the game, and getting back the momentum is very difficult, which proved to be yesterday..

I've stopped backing Tipp as they are so erratic that you'd have no confidence in them at all, strange team, can beat the best but lose so many winnable games in winnable positions!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 11, 2018, 10:00:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:27:27 PM

They were 8 points up at one stage but let Clare back into the game.

Tipp always go missing for a period in the game, and getting back the momentum is very difficult, which proved to be yesterday..

I've stopped backing Tipp as they are so erratic that you'd have no confidence in them at all, strange team, can beat the best but lose so many winnable games in winnable positions!

+1 re Duggans last point. Tipp haven't 70 mins in them.

thejuice

Late to the party here; another championship and another structure to the hurling competition which takes me by surprise. Ever since they got stopped the straight knock out format I've never been sure what way it goes.

So this year the provincial finals are the top two teams, right?

So what happens to the winners and losers of the provincial finals? Into the semis?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

burdizzo

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: burdizzo on June 16, 2018, 08:28:37 AM
Losers into a quarter.
technically pre semi finals
there aren't 4 quarter finals

Owenmoresider

Quote from: thejuice on June 16, 2018, 08:00:47 AM
Late to the party here; another championship and another structure to the hurling competition which takes me by surprise. Ever since they got stopped the straight knock out format I've never been sure what way it goes.

So this year the provincial finals are the top two teams, right?

So what happens to the winners and losers of the provincial finals? Into the semis?
Winners into semi final as was the case
Losers into quarter final as was the case
Third place in Munster and Leinster groups into preliminary quarter final against the McDonagh Cup finalists (i.e. Wexford or Munster 3rd v Westmeath or Carlow).

Capt Pat

Clare had a convincing win against Limerick today in Ennis by 26 points to 15.  Clare are building up good momentum with three wins on the bounce.

Clare will face Cork in the Munster final. Cork struggled to get by the already eliminated Waterford on a score of 1-23 to 1-20 in Thurles.

Cork and Clare look well matched for the final in what could be another Munster Championship classic. I fancy Clare to edge it.

imtommygunn

Clare's win against tipp seems to have spurred them on. I think they were the team with the break at the right time which helped them too mind.

Duggan a serious scorer and kelly is clinical with half a chance. Limerick probably not finished yet either.

Galway's to lose at the minute though i think there may be a few twists yet.

seafoid

The non goal Tipp got v the Déise defined the Munster ranking.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
Definitely
And the injury list the Deise had.
Derek should have used a dummy team all through the league

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 18, 2018, 07:58:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
Definitely
And the injury list the Deise had.
Derek should have used a dummy team all through the league
I think there is an all Ireland in that team. Maybe a new manager can get it out of them.