The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on November 18, 2021, 07:35:07 PM
Jaysis Milltown have ya read the whole background to it or are ya just commenting on the titbits in the media...

I'd have been uneasy with the witch-hunt on the people Rafiq named even before the revelation today but whether Rafiq)Vaughan/Bumble/Ballance or even the lad with the dog are racist doesn't excuse Yorkshire in any shape or form

Yes and Yorkshire cricket club is completely in the wrong, and those that have been complicit should and have lost their positions within the club, obviously it's across the other organisations also, but coming on and giving off about racists while (I haven't read his posts btw) posting racist remarks (apparently) on social media. Clampit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhail Prokhorov

yorkshire cricket and nordie fa, a great bunch of lads  ;)

blackface now ffs

tiempo

The blackface thing is a bit of a melt.

Thinking Liam Williams of Wales rugby, planned to dress up as Wilfred Bony on a night out/halloween, Bony was playing for Swansea at the time, asked Bony if he was OK with it, Bony said yes, when the pictures surfaced he was lined up for crimes against human progress but who genuinely gets offended by this?

Give the photo a quick google. Are we also dealing with hate towards gladiators, hippies and cows in this one episode? Does that not mean halloween or any sort of fancy dress party are just hate orgies?

NAG1

Jaysus if you were in any cricket team at the minute you would be keeping your head down  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on November 19, 2021, 08:59:45 AM
The blackface thing is a bit of a melt.

Thinking Liam Williams of Wales rugby, planned to dress up as Wilfred Bony on a night out/halloween, Bony was playing for Swansea at the time, asked Bony if he was OK with it, Bony said yes, when the pictures surfaced he was lined up for crimes against human progress but who genuinely gets offended by this?

Give the photo a quick google. Are we also dealing with hate towards gladiators, hippies and cows in this one episode? Does that not mean halloween or any sort of fancy dress party are just hate orgies?

Black facing, on the face of it is probably wrong and I've mentioned it before, I did it for a halloween party in nightclub in Belfast and it was my mate who is biracial, who put the colouring on my face!!!

Our outfits won us £250 in 1994, was a good night in fairness! Was never a word said at the time or since, that's not to say it didn't offend anyone

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

I dressed up as BA Baracus yonks ago now im just praying i never get famous

Did Incredible Hulk too thank christ theres no green people about

tiempo

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 19, 2021, 09:12:06 AM

In a nutshell. Close the book.

Tony Baloney

My brother went as the Hulk in about 1985! Statute of limitations after 36 years?!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 19, 2021, 11:51:58 AM

My brother went as the Hulk in about 1985! Statute of limitations after 36 years?!

Lol.
My Hulk was around 04/05. MrT round same era. Tell me when its ok for me to get famous 😉😃

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 19, 2021, 11:59:40 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 19, 2021, 11:51:58 AM

Lol.
My Hulk was around 04/05. MrT round same era. Tell me when its ok for me to get famous 😉😃
When I think about it I must ask my Ma where she got the paint as I'm pretty sure there was no such thing as body paint in N. Antrim in 1985.  ;D

Youll be grand as long as your mates don't have any old Nokia N95s lying around with offensive photos on them!

quit yo jibbajabba

Actually now ye mention it another partygoer from then mentioned pictures just the start of this week on the school run 😃 im away to organise a hit 😉

In other news aussie captain now having to resign. Some dirty washing being aired this week in cricketland

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 19, 2021, 01:03:42 PM
Actually now ye mention it another partygoer from then mentioned pictures just the start of this week on the school run 😃 im away to organise a hit 😉

In other news aussie captain now having to resign. Some dirty washing being aired this week in cricketland

Aye dirty text messages!! How big Ian Botham got away with his stuff is a crazy

Orior

Classic result for England. Shit start, ship steadied, glimpse of hope, then the Aussies put them to the sword, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ghost

Quote from: Orior on December 11, 2021, 11:07:17 AM
Classic result for England. Shit start, ship steadied, glimpse of hope, then the Aussies put them to the sword, lol.

Thats it in a nutshell. Their batting is so fragile it's hard to see anything but 5-0

Boycey

It was a bit like that alright but in fairness to them they must be the most under prepared team in Ashes history... Test cricket becoming an after thought.

BTs coverage terrible...