The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

fair enough carmen, i missed most of the start of 1st half. even die hard pool men like stevie and carra didnt seem interested.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2010, 08:15:35 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 11, 2010, 08:07:35 PM
Babel wasn't great in the second half but at least he may have offered something, Kuyt at the minute is rank bad and needs to be rested for a while.  Gerard is not on his game at all and it would have been worth giving Aqualani 15 minutes at the end in place of Gerard to see if he could do something. 

WTF was Riera doing with that last free???  Clip it into the box and see what happens!

Carra is on his last legs and the Greek would nearly be a preferred option at the minute.  Good though to see Magic back, hopefully will offer something down the right as Kuyt does not.

The trudge of this season continues :(

I wouldn't "rest" Kuyt, that implies he is just tired. Maybe fatigue has a part to play but he just needs dropped, plain and simple. I would try and shift him on in the summer, he will never be good enough.

Agree!

brokencrossbar1

Babel wasn't great in the second half but at least he may have offered something, Kuyt at the minute is rank bad and needs to be rested for a while.  Gerard is not on his game at all and it would have been worth giving Aqualani 15 minutes at the end in place of Gerard to see if he could do something. 

WTF was Riera doing with that last free???  Clip it into the box and see what happens!

Carra is on his last legs and the Greek would nearly be a preferred option at the minute.  Good though to see Magic back, hopefully will offer something down the right as Kuyt does not.

I wouldn't "rest" Kuyt, that implies he is just tired. Maybe fatigue has a part to play but he just needs dropped, plain and simple. I would try and shift him on in the summer, he will never be good enough.

"Rest" is a euphamism in football for dropping someone as you should know.  I would have him as a squad player but not a week in week out player, he is useful for certain types of games, e.g derbies, and he has scored plenty of important goals but there is not enough of anything else from him.  If anything I reckon he has regressed ability wise and you would think that at this level someone who is as poor technically as him should be working flat out at the basics.

TBH, I think Liverpool canl take the tie as they were able to stretch the Lille defence and were only at half pace and only for the keeper in the first half they would have won the game tonight.  I reckon that there will be an early goal in Anfield for Liverpool which will make it nervous for the rest of the evening.  Even 2 goals will not make it safe but I reckon that with another game under their belts at the weekend and Torres and Magic will be sharper.  Here's hoping :-\

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 11, 2010, 08:23:02 PM

"Rest" is a euphamism in football for dropping someone as you should know.  I would have him as a squad player but not a week in week out player, he is useful for certain types of games, e.g derbies, and he has scored plenty of important goals but there is not enough of anything else from him.  If anything I reckon he has regressed ability wise and you would think that at this level someone who is as poor technically as him should be working flat out at the basics.

I have often said here that Kuyt can be effective when Torres and Gerrard are playing well but right now Gerrard seems to be sulking and Torres frustrated and Kuyt is playing like he's wearing hobnail boots.

Minder

The sooner this season is in the books the better.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2010, 08:31:52 PM

well ye did hammer united again, doesn't that usually make a season?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on March 11, 2010, 08:37:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2010, 08:31:52 PM

well ye did hammer united again, doesn't that usually make a season?

Not at the expense of all the other shite that has been served up on a weekly basis.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

If Liverpool play even half as well as the group of players are capable of they should go through. The question is can they motivate themselves to do so. There is something going on behind the scenes that has not broke yet. Rafa must have lost the players in a big way with Gerrard in particular. I just hope it is not sorted by next weekend but all is sweet by the time you face Chelsea. :D

Carmen Stateside

There is a fair chance the way they are playing at the minute that they may not win another game all year.  Horrible stuff to watch even.

ross4life

ok losing to wigan was a bad one but you guys do know Lille are a decent side (3pts behind lyon & only 4 points off the top of the table in france) & don't liverpool have a very bad record v french teams in recent seasons?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: ross4life on March 11, 2010, 08:59:41 PM
ok losing to wigan was a bad one but you guys do know Lille are a decent side (3pts behind lyon & only 4 points off the top of the table in france) & don't liverpool have a very bad record v french teams in recent seasons?

Are they better than Milan? I fear for Liverpool at Old Trafford next week, particularly as United owe them one at this stage.

Rocky Mc Guigan

The more I see of the current Liverpool set up the more I am reminded of Leeds a few years ago. The question is, 'are the scousers the present day Leeds?'

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2010, 02:27:33 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 11, 2010, 08:59:41 PM

Are they better than Milan? I fear for Liverpool at Old Trafford next week, particularly as United owe them one at this stage.

Probably...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

One thing is for sure, Benitez will be gone by the start of next season.  I have never seen a manager of one of the top sides in the league keep their job having suffered as many defeats as Liverpool have.  Is 15 their highest number of losses in a season in years, wouyld be interesting to see the total number of losses they have had per season over the past 10 years.  Why did he spend £20 million n a crock and when fit not even play him?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique