Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 16, 2023, 05:30:31 PM
Joe has been given his orders.

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

Rudi

2 very good semi finals.  Monaghan & Derry a tad unlucky. Quarter finalists need a minimum of 13 days rest.

Tatler Jack

Derry missed some good chances when 2 up plus McKinless should have taken points on both occasions when he got through.  Had Derry got 4 up Kerry would have had to open up a bit and that would have suited Derry. Great chance of reaching an AI final missed

yellowcard

Dublin mediocre yesterday, Kerry similar today but Derry will have some regrets after today. It's anybody's guess who wins it now.

Minus15

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:48:37 PM

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

They were both fouls.

Milltown Row2

Is a soft free a free or not?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silkyskillssunshinee

Stephen O'Brien's impact off the bench a game changer. Does he start the next day or come on at HT again?

Piskin

Derry were well beaten at the end...ref gave them a chance with the extra minutes but Derry crapped the bed. Better team won whilst not playing well for most of the game

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM

I've raised this before. I hate the term soft free. It's either a free or it's not

Orior

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 16, 2023, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 16, 2023, 05:42:43 PM
Wtf was he thinking with that free!

Said the same.. Completely f**king stupid, individualism that he wanted the score to his name? Or what was going through his head

He simply over hit it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

I didn't think either were free kicks and it's amazing how McQuillan is still continuing to get big games at this stage. He must have connections because it's not based on competency. His job is not to make the game a close contest it's to apply the rules.

bennydorano

I'm still not sure how Derry lost that, they were much the better team all day. It looked like they just run out of gas near the end, Roger's (who was superb) looked dead on his feet there.

So, the classico final is happening but both teams didn't arrive as they expected to.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM

I used the wrong  term.  I don't  think either were free kicks

Jell 0 Biafra

In the replays both of the soft frees were clearly frees.  Derry left this one behind them with their profligacy in front of goal in the second half.

Piskin

Kingdom deserved winners. Sean Cavanagh is some dose it must be said lol. Should be a great Final hopefully.