Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

macdanger2

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:24:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 09, 2020, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 11:33:45 AM
Covid-19 vaccine: Allergy warning over new jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

As UK is essentially a live clinical trial wonder what else might be down the line.

Did you read the piece or just the headline?

Two people who have a history of adverse reactions to medications had issues with the vaccine. Not exactly an earth shattering conspiracy theory/cover up by Pfizer, Big Pharma or whoever you think is only in this for the money at the world's expense.

Oh dear....

Here's wisdom, as long as he's ok the rest of the population could drop dead!

It is understood that both the staff members had a significant history of allergic reactions - to the extent where they need to carry an adrenaline auto injector with them.

They developed symptoms of "anaphylactoid reaction" shortly after receiving the vaccine and both have recovered after the appropriate treatment.

It think its clear enough, Seaney seen two people and multiplied that by the entire population of earth!

Wise up

You are ignoring that this was only uncovered when the UK Population was being used as a live clinical trial - but that suits your narrative, one would wonder who else shouldn't be getting it or will we find out in day 3 or 23 when a more serious reaction occurs?

Not true.

QuoteThe patient information leaflet with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine says it should not be given to people allergic to any substance in the vaccine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/09/pfizer-covid-vaccine-nhs-extreme-allergy-sufferers-regulators-reaction

Seaney

This is pathetic - they are being told NOW as there was reactions, keep the head in the sand lads.

macdanger2

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:36:26 PM
This is pathetic - they are being told NOW as there was reactions, keep the head in the sand lads.

The patient information leaflet was pretty clear. Fairly incompetent from the NHS not to read it properly

Seaney

Which appears to be released yesterday - was that after the reactions?

macdanger2

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:42:10 PM
Which appears to be released yesterday - was that after the reactions?

The patient information leaflet is supplied with every dose - it's the piece of paper that comes in the box with every medicine that most people just throw away without reading. You'd expect it to be read in detail for a new medicine though

Milltown Row2

Only UK is using this vaccine, you really can't keep up - oh by the way where did I say this virus was not safe!!!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2020, 11:10:21 PM

You claim that this virus is not safe, your phd mucker told you. But happy for people to get it in a care home?

[/quote]

some of your quotes:

You do understand by taking a rushed through vaccine, you leave yourself open to potential adverse reactions in later life, you are taking something without knowing the long term effects?

Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

Bless is this going be your soundbite from now on, what age are you?  You ok about the elderly getting the hit, if your mum or dad was in a home you be happy with them being the first to be used as guinea pigs, 43000 over a few weeks is a sufficient analysis for you?

Looking good for the Oxford Vaccine - Milhouse and frankie still queuing with the sleeves rolled up?  Anyone who thinks that a vaccine that normally takes 5 to 10 years to produce safely can be produced in 10 months with all the same safety standards is deluded

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

I read a good article that suggested that that the for your average 10 year clinical trial period, the majority of that period is ate up by red tape and documentation.  The article went on to state that if the correct resources were utilised and paperwork etc. was turned around promptly, as opposed to taking many months per document, then its perfectly feasible for a trial to be concluded in less than a year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rudi

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2020, 02:00:49 PM
I read a good article that suggested that that the for your average 10 year clinical trial period, the majority of that period is ate up by red tape and documentation.  The article went on to state that if the correct resources were utilised and paperwork etc. was turned around promptly, as opposed to taking many months per document, then its perfectly feasible for a trial to be concluded in less than a year.

That's true regarding the red tape etc. Although some would say the red tape is there to avoid incidences like the morning sickness drug given to pregnant women that caused limb growth issues.
I wonder would anyone on here know if you can do accelerated ageing tests on potential issues, say in 2 years time on the vaccine. I dont see how you could but I know feck all about vaccines.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:56:27 PM

Only UK is using this vaccine, you really can't keep up - oh by the way where did I say this virus was not safe!!!

You claim that this virus is not safe, your phd mucker told you. But happy for people to get it in a care home?

some of your quotes:

You do understand by taking a rushed through vaccine, you leave yourself open to potential adverse reactions in later life, you are taking something without knowing the long term effects?

Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

Bless is this going be your soundbite from now on, what age are you?  You ok about the elderly getting the hit, if your mum or dad was in a home you be happy with them being the first to be used as guinea pigs, 43000 over a few weeks is a sufficient analysis for you?

Looking good for the Oxford Vaccine - Milhouse and frankie still queuing with the sleeves rolled up?  Anyone who thinks that a vaccine that normally takes 5 to 10 years to produce safely can be produced in 10 months with all the same safety standards is deluded
[/quote]

Are you drunk at 2pm?

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 06:28:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:56:27 PM

some of your quotes:

Are you drunk at 2pm?
[/quote]

Did someone mention bullying on this thread in the last few days? Tut tut

tyssam5

Quote from: Rudi on December 09, 2020, 02:18:16 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2020, 02:00:49 PM

That's true regarding the red tape etc. Although some would say the red tape is there to avoid incidences like the morning sickness drug given to pregnant women that caused limb growth issues.
I wonder would anyone on here know if you can do accelerated ageing tests on potential issues, say in 2 years time on the vaccine. I dont see how you could but I know feck all about vaccines.

Checked in to see if there was any rational chat. Two normal responses in a row might be a record.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Seamus on December 09, 2020, 04:05:53 AM
Quote from: LCohen on December 07, 2020, 07:41:40 AM
Quote from: Seamus on December 07, 2020, 02:33:53 AM
Quote from: lenny on November 29, 2020, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2020, 04:05:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 29, 2020, 03:05:13 PM
If only we could get polio, small pox etc etc back..... ::)

Polio?

You're bringing Polio into it? Did you hear about or remember the Polio vaccine that paralysed people for life?

I really pit the stupidity of some of you on here.

A list of the things we simply cannot question on here:

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma
There were 350000 polio cases in 1988. There are approx 50 per year nowadays.

Don't try to bamboozle some of the covidiots on here with facts.

Conveniently the criteria for polio diagnosis has changed. I'm expecting the real idiots to come up with some lame excuse in order to keep their belief systems intact. Covidiots, how Orwellian.

Polio now hides behind these names: acute flaccid paralysis (AFP), Transverse Myelitis, Viral or aseptic Meningitis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, Chinese Paralytic syndrome, Cronic Fatigue Syndrome, epidemic cholera, cholera morbus, spinal meningitis, spinal apoplexy, inhibitory palsy, intermittent fever, famine fever, worm fever, bilious remittent fever, ergotism, ME, post-polio syndrome, Synonyms for GBS].

Hiding Polio: The Diagnosis Lie
"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral and aseptic meningitis. According to one of the 1997 issues of MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone. That is where all those cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination"

Viera Scheibner, Ph.D (2002)

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

Seamus- as a contribution to the debate that is dreadful.

Whilst Ms Scheibner is a scientist you will be the first to admit that he field of science is geology. Post retirement she has entered the vaccination debate where she has been accused variously of being a pseudoscientist and deliberately peddling misinformation with no scientific basis.

As a source she is discredited. Wholly discredited. She has literally been thrown out of court for her lack of credibility. She is a Rudi Guiliani type figure.

As for the polio points.
You need to clear. If you are suggesting that that diagnosis are being given to suppress polio stats then be specific.
Secondly the global prevaccination levels of polio are unknown. Many of the cases were in the developing world. Only severe cases were recorded. When we hear of 300-400k cases per year these are severe cases.

The diseases you mention don't come close to those numbers and your list includes viral meningitis where the numbers are overwhelmingly at the milder end of the spectrum (I.e. full recovery within a week).

Your article is based upon this selective use of sources. It is absolute horseshit

"Horseshit" coming from a person who agrees that vaccines should be given to 11 year old children without parental consent and knowledge!

Better sanitation, housing and nutrition are the number one reasons in the decline of polio. What has Viera Scheibner, Ph.D got to do with disguising polio under 20 different names? Being discredited by Big Pharma and main stream media is a badge of honor, they just hate the truth. You never even heard of her until a few days ago when you did your Google search.

My sources are not selective, I have done extensive research on vaccines, thousands upon thousands of health experts are in agreement.

Even your lying media and WHO occasionally do tell the truth

More polio cases now caused by vaccine than by wild virus
https://news.yahoo.com/more-polio-cases-now-caused-112118039.html

That's a lie. The US went polio free in 1979. I'm pretty sure they invented the public sewer and had cleared the slums long before then.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 09:29:36 AM
Quote from: Taylor on December 09, 2020, 08:44:34 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 08, 2020, 10:46:48 PM
Fair play hope I get call, of course I'll say yes but one needs consent, milhouse playing a blinder as always hes ok to hell with rest.

Sorry Im confused Seany.

Are you saying you are going to say yes for the vaccine for your parent but that care homes are collateral damage?

Hopefully yesterday allayed your fears with the vaccine

You strike me as being confused, I outlined the situation we as a family as all families are in with parents in care homes, we cannot see them, phone and zoom doesn't work I have seen my parent 4 times since March, I get the feeling if I am contacted, which I don't believe I will, we will have no option but to say yes, to try and get a more meaningful visit before the end.  Hope that clarifies things for you, and to be clear again, I have never been anti vax, I always answered the title of the thread, but Milhouse and his ilk just want to score points and have no compassion for anyone, he and his are ok f**k the rest.

Yeah, right. Antivaxxers have started prefacing their BS with the "I'm not an antivaxxer but..." preamble.

Seaney

And those who just follow the narrative like sheep call anyone who questions it antivax.

nrico2006

The conspiracy theorists would suggest that it doesnt seem right that a vaccine could be created so quickly, but from what I believe, there was loads of development/progress already completed on coronavirus vaccines and although COVID-19 was a different variation, the vaccine developers weren't starting from scratch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'