The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 05, 2020, 07:00:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2020, 06:25:35 PM
What are the AP, but especially, Fox News, going to do later on if things, as it looks like they will, progress to the point that Biden has Nevada?

If they call Nevada and don't retract Arizona, which they haven't yet, then that will be that, according to their decision team.

Was wondering this myself. Theres no way CNN will want to haemorrhage viewers to the network that has called the election, would it prompt them to call Arizona blue?

Can't see CNN jumping the gun. Why bother? If Fox calls it, that in itself will be news for CNN to cover anyway.

Its interesting though that the AP and Fox have not retracted the AZ call yet. AP says they're going to do what the facts force them to do. But I guess a retraction is probably an even bigger deal than a call in the first place, so they want to be sure.
https://apnews.com/article/ap-explains-arizona-joe-biden-bb16f91b04456b2513f40436248eb62d

tyssam5

Quote from: sid waddell on November 05, 2020, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 05, 2020, 05:45:02 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 05, 2020, 05:02:42 PM
Down to a 120k gap in PA, but only 35k votes left in Pittsburgh's county, which are just subject to investigation.

Georgia gap down to 14k, but 98% now in.

Nailbiter.

2% of Georgia is almost 100,000. so Biden would need 60% of the vote. Some of the Atlanta suburbs have a bit to go and he has been getting that percentage.

Of the 61,367 votes that were announced to be outstanding a couple of hours back (I know a small amount of votes have come in since that), we have a detailed knowledge of which counties they come from and how much from each county

If the mail in ballots broke at the exact same rates that the current total votes in the relevant counties are at, Biden would get 34,294 out of those 61,367

That would not be enough

He has to hit 39,756 out of 61,367 - I make that 64.7%

But mail in ballots are breaking disproportionately for Biden compared to the total vote

So it's doable

Not certain, but doable

I have a weird feeling that one state is going to be very narrowly Biden and will flip to Trump on military votes that come in next week. That said I've not idea how many military votes to expect - but Georgia seems like a place that would have a good few.

RedHand88

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 05, 2020, 07:16:17 PM
Down to a 120k gap in PA, but only 35k votes left in Pittsburgh's county, which are just subject to investigation.

Nailbiter.

2% of Georgia is almost 100,000. so Biden would need 60% of the vote. Some of the Atlanta suburbs have a bit to go and he has been getting that percentage.

Of the 61,367 votes that were announced to be outstanding a couple of hours back (I know a small amount of votes have come in since that), we have a detailed knowledge of which counties they come from and how much from each county

If the mail in ballots broke at the exact same rates that the current total votes in the relevant counties are at, Biden would get 34,294 out of those 61,367

That would not be enough

But mail in ballots are breaking disproportionately for Biden compared to the total vote

So it's doable

Not certain, but doable

I have a weird feeling that one state is going to be very narrowly Biden and will flip to Trump on military votes that come in next week. That said I've not idea how many military votes to expect - but Georgia seems like a place that would have a good few.

About 5000 apparently.

sid waddell

Also 2 thousand and something provisional ballots in Georgia which haven't been counted yet - these are separate to the remaining mail ballots

johnnycool

First time I've heard this;

John McCain's concession speech after losing out to Obama;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8yoNkcl1A

The man had more principle in his toe nail than the current gombeen in the whitehouse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on November 05, 2020, 07:37:26 PM
Also 2 thousand and something provisional ballots in Georgia which haven't been counted yet - these are separate to the remaining mail ballots

So does Trump want these counted now or stop the counting?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on November 05, 2020, 07:42:26 PM

The man had more principle in his toe nail than the current gombeen in the whitehouse.

I remember that.

Palin was all set to follow him out with a Trump-type speech of her own, but he told her to f**k away off.

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2020, 07:53:30 PM

I remember that.

Palin was all set to follow him out with a Trump-type speech of her own, but he told her to f**k away off.

I remember that. He wouldn't let her speak as he recognised that it was Obamas moment and didn't want her to overshadow it. He was a great man.
Was watching the sky documentary on him recently. And he used to say when people from Arizona accused him of being a blow in candidate he would apologise and say the place he has spent a longer time than anywhere else was Hanoi. It would shut them up.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 05, 2020, 07:16:17 PM

Nailbiter.

That would not be enough

So it's doable

Not certain, but doable

Couldn't see him getting a majority of the "suckers and losers" vote

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 05, 2020, 07:57:32 PM

I remember that.

I remember that. He wouldn't let her speak as he recognised that it was Obamas moment and didn't want her to overshadow it. He was a great man.
Was watching the sky documentary on him recently. And he used to say when people from Arizona accused him of being a blow in candidate he would apologise and say the place he has spent a longer time than anywhere else was Hanoi. It would shut them up.
I never saw this before either , he was a man of great integrity,

armaghniac

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on November 05, 2020, 08:19:19 PM

I remember that.

and of course both Obama and Bush spoke at his funeral and Trump was not invited.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 05, 2020, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on November 05, 2020, 08:19:19 PM

I remember that.

and of course both Obama and Bush spoke at his funeral and Trump was not invited.

There's was footage of Trump in an interview on TV the other night saying there was no way McCain was a war hero as he had been captured. Soldiers who got captured were not war heroes in his eyes he repeated. Nasty doesn't come close to describing Trump

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
Less than 100k behind in PA now!

97,908 votes. to be precise.

edit now  Trump is currently up by 97,224, from 1,830 additional votes. So that 1830 provided a 684 surplus for Biden, implying 68.7% going to Biden.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B