Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Tyrone are ahead of Donegal, beaten them handy enough the past few years but lost this year when a key an was incorrectly removed from the game early on. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 21, 2019, 03:12:04 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 21, 2019, 02:41:01 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 21, 2019, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 20, 2019, 10:53:37 PM
Why are Mayo and Kerry "the big three"??

They form two of the three teams that have been at the top since 2008 and according to the results have been unbeaten by Tyrone in the championship since 2008.

If I was asked to back either Donegal or Mayo for 2020 I think I would favor Donegal to be honest.
These top 3 debates are a load of nonsense anyway as it's a top 1. Kerry, Donegal, Mayo, Tyrone could beat each other on any given day. They're just fighting for the right to play in the AI final and maybe get a weekend craic out of things before getting bate.

And yet Tyrone have not beaten Kerry or Mayo in over 11 championship games that really mattered, never mind the beatings administered by Dublin. So, on current and historical standing, Tyrone are behind Mayo and Kerry by some margin. The only debate is whether they or Donegal can be considered for the top of the next level down.

Tyrone have lost to Kerry and Mayo twice each since 2008. Before that they beat both in 2008. Where is the 11 coming from?

trueblue1234

They form two of the three teams that have been at the top since 2008 and according to the results have been unbeaten by Tyrone in the championship since 2008.

If I was asked to back either Donegal or Mayo for 2020 I think I would favor Donegal to be honest.
These top 3 debates are a load of nonsense anyway as it's a top 1. Kerry, Donegal, Mayo, Tyrone could beat each other on any given day. They're just fighting for the right to play in the AI final and maybe get a weekend craic out of things before getting bate.

And yet Tyrone have not beaten Kerry or Mayo in over 11 championship games that really mattered, never mind the beatings administered by Dublin. So, on current and historical standing, Tyrone are behind Mayo and Kerry by some margin. The only debate is whether they or Donegal can be considered for the top of the next level down.

Where are you getting the 11 games from in the Championship that Mayo & Kerry have beaten Tyrone?

Edit Redhand Santa beat me to it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 21, 2019, 04:02:46 PM
Kerry 3 times, mayo twice, Dublin 6 times since 08.

That's including Dublin. Owen was talking about Kerry and Mayo. (Dublin is a different kettle of fish Kerry haven't beaten Dublin since 2009 either  if my memory serves me right)

greatpoint

Mayo couldn't really be considered one of the top teams until 2012, their biggest achievement before that beating Cork in 2011 only to lose by 9 points to Kerry in the semi-final. So for them it's 2012-2019 (excluding 2018.) Outside of Dublin the only teams that have beaten Kerry are: Down (2010), Cork (2012), Donegal (2012), Mayo (2017), and Galway (2018.) Donegal surely were in that top bracket as well from 2011-2014, another team Tyrone couldn't beat.

imtommygunn

I love the comment about Micky Harte being lucky with the super eight draw two years in a row. Last year Tyrone beat the team top of the other group in the semi. Luck all round lol.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2019, 04:50:37 PM
I love the comment about Micky Harte being lucky with the super eight draw two years in a row. Last year Tyrone beat the team top of the other group in the semi. Luck all round lol.

Lucky that "Top team" was Monaghan.
Tyrone - Monaghan and Donegal champions 2018  ;D

imtommygunn

They were the top team though. Three matches deemed them better than anyone in the group and deemed them in the top four in Ireland, easy game though ::)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 21, 2019, 03:59:56 PM

And yet Tyrone have not beaten Kerry or Mayo in over 11 years in championship games that really mattered, never mind the beatings administered by Dublin. So, on current and historical standing, Tyrone are behind Mayo and Kerry by some margin. The only debate is whether they or Donegal can be considered for the top of the next level down.

Where are you getting the 11 games from in the Championship that Mayo & Kerry have beaten Tyrone?

Edit Redhand Santa beat me to it.

Apologies. Corrected above.

giveballaghback

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Whishtup

Even though Mayo were dumped by Kildare last year,  taught a lesson by Roscommon and hammered by Kerry and Dublin this year.  Doesn't add up.

t_mac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2019, 11:35:39 PM
Will it get to a 100 pages?

Absolutely it will, comedy gold, cheers me up each morning to see it still going.  ;D ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 21, 2019, 08:58:57 PM
Really brilliant posts here about who is the best loser ;D

The unfortunate thing is that it's a debate 31 counties in Ireland are involved in regardless of the debate for the top 3 or 4.