Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 07, 2009, 07:53:25 PM
If cullyhanna would get the dirt out of their game and play football they might stand a chance of getting out of trouble. But they think because they are well buolt men that they can bully teams, clearly this didn't work on friday night when we had a very young side teach them a football lesson .

Dry your eyes would ya? Was hardly a "footballing lesson" - yis won by 3 points and we kicked enough wides to have won the match comfortably and were denied what should have been a penalty. There was as much dirt and fouling coming from Clans as there was from us.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

Quote from: torres on June 07, 2009, 06:41:27 PM
granemore bt wolfe tones 1-13 - 0-13  [ c o, connor 0-6 , j o, neill 0-6 ]

granemore probably deserved the points.better performance from us and encouaging that we released the ball in early a bit more.  must say granemore umpire was a complete disgrace.  at least 3 of our points he flagged as wide when clearly over and on one other occassion we should have had a 45 man was 3 yards behind the line and they went up and got a point.  how the eejit was allowed on to the end il never no.  ballyhegan next sunday a real 4 pointer.  we are now the only team in armagh bar killean not to have won a game, grim statistic

winsamsoon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 07, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on June 07, 2009, 07:53:25 PM
If cullyhanna would get the dirt out of their game and play football they might stand a chance of getting out of trouble. But they think because they are well buolt men that they can bully teams, clearly this didn't work on friday night when we had a very young side teach them a football lesson .

Dry your eyes would ya? Was hardly a "footballing lesson" - yis won by 3 points and we kicked enough wides to have won the match comfortably and were denied what should have been a penalty. There was as much dirt and fouling coming from Clans as there was from us.

How can you tell me to dry my eyes and come out with this rhubarb :D :D :D :D :D :D Maybe the clans were fouling but we certainly were not kneeing lads in the head whilst on the ground ie Ciaran o Hare. Dirty play is what it is call a spade a spade and quit hiding.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 7 JUNE 2009

Monday 1 June
ACL – Div. III
St Peter's lost to Middletown

Thursday 4 June
ACL – Div. II
Tir na nÓg 1-10; Wolfe Tone 0-7

Friday 5 June
ACL – Div. I
Sarsfields 0-8; Carrickcruppen 3-10
St Patrick's 0-8; Clan na Gael 0-10
Pearse Og 0-8; Crossmaglen 1-6
Mullaghbawn 1-9; Culloville 0-6
Killeavy 2-8; Dromintee 0-8
ACL – Div. II
Silverbridge v Whitecross (Off)
Maghery 1-11; Ballymacnab 1-9
Harps 1-8; Granemore 1-14
Clann Eireann 2-10; Madden 3-9
ACL – Div. III
St Paul's 3-10; Shane O'Neill's 1-12
Keady 0-10; Collegeland 3-5
Clonmore 0-13; Lissummon 1-9
Annaghmore 0-9; to An Port Mor 0-12
St Peter's 1-14; Tullysaran 0-4
ACL – Div. IV
Killean 1-4; O'Hanlon's 1-10
Forkhill 1-11; Crossmaglen II 1-10
Dorsey Emmett's 1-10; Derrynoose 1-12
Corrinshego 0-4; Eire Og 0-14
Clady 1-9; Grange 1-9
Mullaghbrack v Phelim Brady's (Off)

Sunday 7 June
ACL – Div. I
Crossmaglen 1-17; Clan na Gael 0-11
Dromintee 0-10; St Patrick's 0-15
Killeavy 0-17; Pearse Og 1-13
ACL – Div. II
Wolfe Tone 0-13; Granemore 1-13
Whitecross 3-11; Tir na nÓg 0-10
Ballyhegan 0-7; St Michael's 0-11
ACL – Div. III
Middletown 1-9; Belleek 0-11
An Port Mor v Clonmore (Off)
ACL – Div. IV
Dorsey Emmett's 2-12; Phelim Brady's 0-3
Eire Og 1-14; Crossmaglen II 2-10

davo

Went to both ogs games over the weekend. At home to cross they should have won the game with a few points to spare to be honest. i think any cross ones on this site will agree. counted at least 8 frees in the second half missed from 30 metres. Cross had the upper hand in the first half and went in 5 points up. the second half was totally different with the majority of the game being played in cross's half. very poor shooting cost them.

Ogs v killeavy another tight game which the ogs came out on the wrong side of. thought they were poor enough yesterday not being able to get going. a draw would have probably been a fair result but killeavy held out for the win. that's 3 defeats by 1point in a row for the ogs which now puts them under a bit of pressure. they are still missing a number of players and hopefully they will be back for next week

cillsleibhe

Quote from: Real1995 on June 05, 2009, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: cillsleibhe on June 05, 2009, 11:42:16 PM

How can you put Ogs in this category?  There are five teams within two points of Ogs.  If Killeavy beat them on Sunday then they will lie second in the table.

With their county players easily, cillsleibhe.....they may struggle with out them i would admit,but so does Dromintee....but wit a full squad they have no fear of relegation, and lets face it wit armagh in the qualifiers club teams will hav their county players for at least the next 3 weeks possibly....they certainly put it up to cross tonite obviously,as close as any of the rest of us came to date....

As predicted - Killeavy now lie second in the table after an excellent performance with a weakened side against the Ogs.  Hard to believe this was the same side that surrendered to Cross only a couple of weeks back. 

A great game yesterday with the lead changing hands 5 or 6 times.  The Ogs missed a couple of late chances and were unlucky not to come away with a draw for their efforts.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Took in the Rangers v Clans game yesterday which coupled with a feed in Ma Kearneys made my day a very pleasant one. Ive been coming to Clans Cross games for years and yesterdays was as entertaining as any. Several weeks ago some notable clans ones wouldnt have gave their team a prayer yesterday but they had Cross on the ropes up unitll the last 10. Silly mistakes coupled with Cross's ruthlesness ensured a Rangers victory but dont be fooled by the scoreline -this game was in the melting pot with minutes remaining. Surely its a good sign for the Clans who looked very young but still competed with a very strong Cross team. Fair play to both sets of players! :) :) :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 08, 2009, 01:30:46 PM
Took in the Rangers v Clans game yesterday which coupled with a feed in Ma Kearneys made my day a very pleasant one. Ive been coming to Clans Cross games for years and yesterdays was as entertaining as any. Several weeks ago some notable clans ones wouldnt have gave their team a prayer yesterday but they had Cross on the ropes up unitll the last 10. Silly mistakes coupled with Cross's ruthlesness ensured a Rangers victory but dont be fooled by the scoreline -this game was in the melting pot with minutes remaining. Surely its a good sign for the Clans who looked very young but still competed with a very strong Cross team. Fair play to both sets of players! :) :) :)

What sort of sides had both teams out?  Were our boys strong, I see Oisin didn't start but were there any other absentees?

IVEDECIDED

It was a very strong Cross team only noticable absentees were McKenna and Stephen Kearnan (although I dont think he starts anyway) also Hearty wasnt in nets. The 3 Kearnans, McEntees, Francie, JD, etc were all playing and Oisin came on and scored 1-3 in last 10. To be fair though Clans ones will prob be kicking themselves cause they gave away possession stupidly that led to the goal and several of the late points. All in all though it was a great game and with 10 to go could have went ether way.

captain c mck

Quote from: bigfrank on June 02, 2009, 10:00:34 PM
Anyone confirm that Johnny Murtagh from Cross is for the states next week to play ball???
yea murtagh has gone over to the states too play football !!!

torres

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 07, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
Quote from: torres on June 07, 2009, 06:41:27 PM
granemore bt wolfe tones 1-13 - 0-13  [ c o, connor 0-6 , j o, neill 0-6 ]

granemore probably deserved the points.better performance from us and encouaging that we released the ball in early a bit more.  must say granemore umpire was a complete disgrace.  at least 3 of our points he flagged as wide when clearly over and on one other occassion we should have had a 45 man was 3 yards behind the line and they went up and got a point.  how the eejit was allowed on to the end il never no.  ballyhegan next sunday a real 4 pointer.  we are now the only team in armagh bar killean not to have won a game, grim statistic

i agree our umpire was a bit of an eejit , but their was no way 3 pts were scored that were flagged wide , granemore also had a gripe with the tones umpire who came over to the oppisite post to flag a score wide , and one that clearly curled in which he again flagged wide and he too gave a wide which should have been a 45 , i,d say they were both eejits . the tones gave a very encouraging performance and a lot of our support were  surprised they are struggling on that performance , as for granemore i felt they were a bit flat after putting in such an energy sapping performance 2 nights earlier against the harps ,we also tried a young lad in full back [ which did,nt work ] due to our regular full back going to the states .and i felt the tones at least deserved a draw .

qub la la la

DIVISION: 1 PLD W D L PTS
Crossmaglen     8 8 0 0 16
Killeavy            8 5 0 3 10
Pearse Og        8 4 1 3 9
Dromintee        8 4 0 4 8
Carrickcruppin   8 3 1 4 7
Cullaville           8 3 1 4 7
Mullabawn        8 3 1 4 7
St.Patricks        8 3 0 5 6
Clan na Gael      8 2 1 5 5
Sarsfields          8 2 1 5 5

full back

ARMAGH ACL TABLE AS AT SUNDAY 7 JUNE

Div. I
         P   W   D   L   Pts
Crossmaglen      8   8   0   0   16   
Killeavy      8   5   0   3   10
Pearse Og      8   4   1   3   9
Dromintee      8   4   0   4   8
Carrickcruppen   8   3   1   4   7
Culloville      8   3   1   4   7
Mullaghbawn      8   3   1   4   7
St Patrick's      8   3   0   5   6
Clan na Gael      8   2   1   5   5
Sarsfields      8   2   1   5   5

Div. II
         P   W   D   L   Pts
Maghery      8   8   0   0   16
Whitecross      7   6   0   1   12
Granemore      8   6   0   2   12
Ballymacnab      8   5   1   2   11
Clann Eireann      8   3   1   4   7
Harps         8   3   1   4   7
Madden      8   3   1   4   7
Tir na nÓg      8   3   1   4   7
Silverbridge      7   2   1   4   5
Wolfe Tone      8   0   4   4   4
Ballyhegan      8   1   1   6   3
St Michael's      8   1   1   6   3

Div. III
         P   W   D   L   Pts
St Peter's      9   7   0   2   14
Keady         7   6   0   1   12
St Paul's      9   6   0   3   12
Middletown      7   4   0   3   8
Clonmore      8   4   0   4   8
Tullysaran      7   3   1   3   7
Belleek      7   3   0   4   6
Annaghmore      8   3   0   5   6
An Port Mor      6   2   1   3   5
Collegeland      7   2   0   5   4
Shane O'Neill's   7   2   0   5   4
Lissummon      8   2   0   6   4

Div. IV
         P   W   D   L   Pts
Forkhill      8   8   0   0   16
Eire Og      8   7   0   1   14
Crossmaglen II   8   6   0   2   12
Grange         8   5   1   2   11
Corrinshego      8   5   0   3   10
Dorsey Emmett's   8   4   0   4   8
Clady         8   2   2   4   6
Derrynoose      8   2   2   4   6
Mullaghbrack      7   2   0   5   4
O'Hanlon's      8   2   0   6   4
Phelim Brady's   7   1   1   5   3
Killean         8   0   0   8   0

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 07, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
St Pat's 0-15 Dromintee 0-10

Good to get an immediate reaction to the change of management. By the sounds of things, Dromintee mightn't be too long behind us.

Played the better football today, Kieran Hoey had a great match and Liam O'Hare was threatening at times. Got on top at midfield which laid the platform for the victory. Marty O'Rourke came on at halftime after not being togged out at all for the first half. Hopefully that'll get us off the bottom, depending on other results. If we can keep that form up, we should get out of trouble.

Very poor weekend for dromintee. team is very flat and listless. the lads will have to "do a cullyhanna" by the looks of things.